Thread: Liquid diet

Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Liquid diet

Hey gents!

**I just saw the sticky on posts like this, just to clarify I'm not looking for any detailed breakdown on my diet. I'm just looking for quick opinions if there's something I might be overseeing. Mostly I'm after if anyone has some sort of experience with liquid diets like this, since I've never heard of anyone doing it, I'm curious if there's a reason for that**

So I've recently started at it again after 7 years of absence.

Thing is last time I worked out I was extremely lazy when it comes to food prep, and well that hasn't changed much.

So what I have in mind this time around would be smoothies, huel (complete nutrition shakes) and one solid meal a day plus supplements.

I haven't gone as far as counting calories yet, but once I've gotten this properly into my daily rotation again I will.

But for now what I put into my smoothies is: Oats, Chia seeds, quinoa seeds, chickpeas, spinach, broccoli, bananas, apples, blue berries, ginger and skyr (protein rich dairy product).

I usually drink about 1,5L of this everyday. 1 or 2 huel shakes and two protein shakes, one whey and other Casein. Additionally one solid meal that I don't care what is as long as it's not unhealthy (usually meat or eggs). And 2 liters of water minimum.

Supplments I use are probiotics for the gut, Bcaa powder, Creatine Monohydrate, omega3 tablets (Lýsi), Citrulline malate and pure betalaline as pre workout. Plus whey are Casein protein.

I spread it out through out the day to make sure I never pass two hours between meals.

Too me this looks pretty solid and it feels good and easy. But a second opinion is always good, do you see anything wrong with this or have something cleaver to add?
    Last edited by Alexg9011; 08-04-2022 at 08:12 PM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds boring and not enjoyable.

Also, chewing food makes it more digestible… and by drinking it, you’ll likely miss out on some level of that.

Do you not enjoy sandwiches ?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    These kinds of posts always crack me up. People claim they are “too lazy”, or “don’t have time” to cook a 2 minute egg and cheese omelette. Instead they list out 50 ingredients they have to get out, scoop individually into a blender and then put away each ingredient to make a 15 minute shake, and then have to clean the blender out. Seems like a TON of work to get around something thats so easy. Even when I cook a bunch of stuff on the grill, only a couple minutes I am actually doing something, the rest is just letting stuff cook as I am watching a show, washing the car etc. then I have like a week worth of burgers or chicken breasts etc in one fell swoop. I don’t know man, knock yourself out with those super complex ultra processed shakes but that just seems like too much work for me.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alexg9011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Sounds boring and not enjoyable.

Also, chewing food makes it more digestible… and by drinking it, you’ll likely miss out on some level of that.

Do you not enjoy sandwiches ?
    Believe it or not, I've done this for years all ready. But now I've just adjusted what I put in it and think more of the Nutritional value of what's in it, since I want to build muscle along side it. I have always been weird with I dread eating, it's not that I dislike the food. But I just can't stand sitting down and spending 10min + eating, whilst I could be doing something else with my time. So I've always preffered something I can just chug in seconds and be done with it.

It's weird I know, but I've always been like that, ever since I was a child. But imajority of it being liquid, I'm wondering if that'll ruin it somehow, since I've never heard of anyone doing that before, as in is there a reason for that I don't know about.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    These kinds of posts always crack me up. People claim they are “too lazy”, or “don’t have time” to cook a 2 minute egg and cheese omelette. Instead they list out 50 ingredients they have to get out, scoop individually into a blender and then put away each ingredient to make a 15 minute shake, and then have to clean the blender out. Seems like a TON of work to get around something thats so easy. Even when I cook a bunch of stuff on the grill, only a couple minutes I am actually doing something, the rest is just letting stuff cook as I am watching a show, washing the car etc. then I have like a week worth of burgers or chicken breasts etc in one fell swoop. I don’t know man, knock yourself out with those super complex ultra processed shakes but that just seems like too much work for me.
    Well, I guess people are different. It actually takes me about 5minutes to prepare the whole thing, including cleaning the blender, which saves me the time of sitting down and spending actual time from eating solid meals (which is something I simply dread for some idiotic reason). I have never enjoyed food, I simply look at it as something needed to survive.

Hence why I'm thinking if this is even a viable option.

A word of advice, if these posts bother you, just skip them and don't give them the thought or the time. You'll save yourself the headache, because guaranteed I won't be the last person to ask a dumb question here.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Alexg9011 View Post
    Well, I guess people are different. It actually takes me about 5minutes to prepare the whole thing, including cleaning the blender, which saves me the time of sitting down and spending actual time from eating solid meals (which is something I simply dread for some idiotic reason). I have never enjoyed food, I simply look at it as something needed to survive.

Hence why I'm thinking if this is even a viable option.

A word of advice, if these posts bother you, just skip them and don't give them the thought or the time. You'll save yourself the headache, because guaranteed I won't be the last person to ask a dumb question here.
    They don’t bother me at all, i just find it comical. Word of advice, people look for validation on choices they have already made. You have decided you are going to have this liquid diet and you will do whatever it takes to talk yourself into it being a good idea. You are looking for validation that it is ok and you aren’t as crazy as you think. Its fine. Nothing wrong with liquid diet if you are getting all of your nutrients and fiber. Best suggestion, put everything you are going to eat into cronometer.com and it will tell you if you have any deficiencies.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just cannot relate, OP...

I love chilling out with a coffee and a bowl of oats/cereal... or sitting down in the evening with some sushi/pizza/stir fry and just watching some shows.... it's very relaxing
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But I just can't stand sitting down and spending 10min + eating, whilst I could be doing something else with my time.
    Learn to multitask, srs. You haven't worked out in 7 years but are so active that you can't spend 10 mins to eat?

saves me the time of sitting down and spending actual time from eating solid meals (which is something I simply dread for some idiotic reason). I have never enjoyed food, I simply look at it as something needed to survive.
    Think of eating occasional solid meals as preparation for human interaction. Sometimes when someone tells you about their everyday nutrition habits, it's clear that they are always single.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been doing this for around 8 yrs now. I'll never go back to eating all solid meals; too much wasted time.

You have so much more control and accuracy doing this too.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I've been doing this for around 8 yrs now. I'll never go back to eating all solid meals; too much wasted time.

You have so much more control and accuracy doing this too.
    I’m just not understanding how sensory pleasure is “wasted time”

As humans we only have so many methods by which we can trigger pleasure and well-being…

Music, physical touch, competition, and yes… TASTE…

The act of sitting down with people, slowly chewing and enjoying the complex tastes and textures of different foods… it’s definitely a part of most peoples lives.

To me, choosing a liquid diet would be like choosing to only masturbate and never have sex because it’s more time efficient…

It sounds like you’d almost just prefer to never have to eat at all if it didn’t mean you’d starve. Like in a perfect world, would you rather be able to live with zero energy intake requirement?

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

To me, choosing a liquid diet would be like choosing to only masturbate and never have sex because it’s more time efficient…
    lmao...good analogy! No, I'll stay living in poundtown, thanks.
    I guess after so many years of it, I see food as just a tool to get me from A to B
    And, yes, I'd take a single pill, if invented, that would give me the appropriate macros for the day so I wouldn't have to meal prep, slow down etc.... Sad that we've gotten to this state in humanity where we're too busy to sit down and eat. I'm sure that's just me though.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

I guess after so many years of it, I see food as just a tool to get me from A to B
    And, yes, I'd take a single pill, if invented, that would give me the appropriate macros for the day so I wouldn't have to meal prep, slow down etc.... Sad that we've gotten to this state in humanity where we're too busy to sit down and eat. I'm sure that's just me though.
    That just sounds terrible to me…

How r u so busy??

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That just sounds terrible to me…

How r u so busy??
    We're all just different.

Different strokes for different folks.

It's what makes the world go round.

Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    We're all just different.

Different strokes for different folks.

It's what makes the world go round.
    Three motivational phrases in one post

New record

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’m just not understanding how sensory pleasure is “wasted time”

As humans we only have so many methods by which we can trigger pleasure and well-being…

Music, physical touch, competition, and yes… TASTE…

The act of sitting down with people, slowly chewing and enjoying the complex tastes and textures of different foods… it’s definitely a part of most peoples lives.

It sounds like you’d almost just prefer to never have to eat at all if it didn’t mean you’d starve. Like in a perfect world, would you rather be able to live with zero energy intake requirement?
    I'm completely with you here. Tbh I think the mentality that food's a waste of time is indicative of poor psychological health or, at the very least, an autism spectrum disorder. Eating disorders, OCD or an obsessive personality disorder surrounding control and efficiency, or various never-divergent sensory processes with autism spectrum disorders are all I can think to explain it. You're disregarding a key aspect of human pleasure and social interaction that's one of if not the single most crucial appetitive drives needed for our survival. If you're doing it for "efficiency", I think you're missing the point. Might as well never socialize with other people and reproduce with artificial insemination. I ain't tryna make babies, but sex takes me longer than eating...

I also currently can't taste or smell due to covid and it's fuking Hell on Earth. It's been 2 weeks of nothing but tasteless pb on bread, white rice, and boiled egg-whites. Worse than that, anything with spice o flavor smells like chemicals on rotting corpses. I suppose I could add covid "long-haulers" to that list of people who could potentially do away with eating. God forbid I'm stuck like this. Covid's no joke, boyos
    Sorry, bro. I just don't believe you on the sex. Well, maybe I believe you don't masturbate, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that "how you do one thing is how you do everything". If you're blending all your meals in the name of "control" and "saving time", I can't imagine you have anything but 2 or 3 minutes of joyless protected missionary sex with your wife once per month on your designated "sex night" while she most likely closes her eyes and imagines her boyfriend who actually has time for her.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    I'm completely with you here. Tbh I think the mentality that food's a waste of time is indicative of poor psychological health or, at the very least, an autism spectrum disorder. Eating disorders, OCD or an obsessive personality disorder surrounding control and efficiency, or various never-divergent sensory processes with autism spectrum disorders are all I can think to explain it. You're disregarding a key aspect of human pleasure and social interaction that's one of if not the single most crucial appetitive drives needed for our survival. If you're doing it for "efficiency", I think you're missing the point. Might as well never socialize with other people and reproduce with artificial insemination. I ain't tryna make babies, but sex takes me longer than eating...

I also currently can't taste or smell due to covid and it's fuking Hell on Earth. It's been 2 weeks of nothing but tasteless pb on bread, white rice, and boiled egg-whites. Worse than that, anything with spice o flavor smells like chemicals on rotting corpses. I suppose I could add covid "long-haulers" to that list of people who could potentially do away with eating. God forbid I'm stuck like this. Covid's no joke, boyos
    Duuuuude my condolences on the COVID... I cannot imagine dealing with that. I dont know how I've escaped it for so long.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Sorry, bro. I just don't believe you on the sex. Well, maybe I believe you don't masturbate, but I'm a firm believer in the idea that "how you do one thing is how you do everything". If you're blending all your meals in the name of "control" and "saving time", I can't imagine you have anything but 2 or 3 minutes of joyless protected missionary sex with your wife once per month on your designated "sex night" while she most likely closes her eyes and imagines her boyfriend who actually has time for her.
    Don't forget: must be done through a hole in the sheets, fully clothed, threaded through the open zipper.