RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Plate Loaded Leg Curl/Extension Machines

I'm going to be in the market for a combo plate loaded leg extension and curl machine. I'll need something long and skinny to make it fit in my basement gym. The Legend and Elite FTS units looks like the right size to fit. Is there anything else on the market similar in size? What are people opinion's of these?

https://www.legendfitness.com/produc...ensioncurl-pl/
    https://www.elitefts.com/eliteftstm-...l-machine.html
    Any reason to get the "signature" model? I don't care about the decorative plate. It appears to upgrade some things to 2x3 steel.
    https://www.elitefts.com/eliteftstm-...ogo-panel.html

https://www.bodysolid.com/commercial...___supine_curl
    Last edited by RGrizzzz; 08-03-2022 at 07:54 AM.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tuff Stuff makes a decent looking machine too. I have been kind of considering one. They bolt together which is a giant plus.

That Legend one does look nice!

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Tuff Stuff makes a decent looking machine too. I have been kind of considering one. They bolt together which is a giant plus.

That Legend one does look nice!
    Looks too wide.
    https://www.tuffstuffitness.com/prod...rone-leg-curl/

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    almost bought thislast year but the order kept getting delayed so I canceled. I do like the newer version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01m7mp4KQeg

The bodysoild unit seems to be out of stock all the time. I have owned the Legend version. it is nice and built like a tank.
    cons is lack of adjustments and the usual lack of tension on the upper part of leg curls ( use a band?). Price has skyrocketed on both pieces like everythign else.

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    almost bought thislast year but the order kept getting delayed so I canceled. I do like the newer version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01m7mp4KQeg

The bodysoild unit seems to be out of stock all the time. I have owned the Legend version. it is nice and built like a tank.
    cons is lack of adjustments and the usual lack of tension on the upper part of leg curls ( use a band?). Price has skyrocketed on both pieces like everythign else.
    That's a curl only unit. Looking for a curl/extension combo. Thanks for the feedback on the legend unit.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If space allows I'd go with a seated leg curl / leg extension combo. I've been using the IM leg extension attachment paired with a band and have no complaints, but I'd gladly add a combo unit if I found one locally. Seated leg curls are the GOAT in my opinion...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's a curl only unit. Looking for a curl/extension combo. Thanks for the feedback on the legend unit.
    wrong video- it does both. lying curl/ext.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bj6fTWIYIg

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've had a simple prone style lying curl bench with the ability to do extensions as well, but I never really liked the resistance arc that it gave for either. Leg curls felt much better, but toward the top gravity would take over and resistance would lessen. This could be rectified with a band, but I never bothered.

I recently picked up Body Solid's "cam series" seated combination and rate it higher than the prone bench for both exercises. Of course, each of those lying machines are surely different but most seem to be the same with the pivoting weight horn. Here's the Body Solid one I got, I know Valor and Titan make similar models. Titan's looks to be better because it has a mechanism in place to allow you to quickly switch positions for curls or extensions, whereas the Body Solid has a removable anchor that you slip in to do curls. It's the foot pad post on the left of the main photo in the ad here: https://www.bodysolid.com/home/gcec3...tension___curl

If costs were equal, I'd go for the Titan one no doubt just because of that. However, I'm cheap as hell AND got my BodySolid version for a steal (used), so that wasn't even a point of consideration. If I were to come across a good deal on a Titan piece, I'd probably pick it up and just sell this. Until then I'm 100% happy having upgraded from the lying version, because that annoyed me a bit every single time I used it for curls and I didn't even *like* it for extensions.
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    I've had a simple prone style lying curl bench with the ability to do extensions as well, but I never really liked the resistance arc that it gave for either. Leg curls felt much better, but toward the top gravity would take over and resistance would lessen. This could be rectified with a band, but I never bothered.

I recently picked up Body Solid's "cam series" seated combination and rate it higher than the prone bench for both exercises. Of course, each of those lying machines are surely different but most seem to be the same with the pivoting weight horn. Here's the Body Solid one I got, I know Valor and Titan make similar models. Titan's looks to be better because it has a mechanism in place to allow you to quickly switch positions for curls or extensions, whereas the Body Solid has a removable anchor that you slip in to do curls. It's the foot pad post on the left of the main photo in the ad here: https://www.bodysolid.com/home/gcec3...tension___curl

If costs were equal, I'd go for the Titan one no doubt just because of that. However, I'm cheap as hell AND got my BodySolid version for a steal (used), so that wasn't even a point of consideration. If I were to come across a good deal on a Titan piece, I'd probably pick it up and just sell this. Until then I'm 100% happy having upgraded from the lying version, because that annoyed me a bit every single time I used it for curls and I didn't even *like* it for extensions.
    I have the bodysolid cam machine. I like it more for seated leg curls, loses tension on leg etensions on the lower part I think but still very doable. Between the ironmaster leg ext/curl and the bodysolid I preetty much have these two exercises covered but someday would like to upgrade.

I wish Rep offered a leg attachment for their benches. I'd imagine one would fit on my AB-5000 where the situp/ab attachment slides in.

StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StinnerOzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have the bodysolid cam machine. I like it more for seated leg curls, loses tension on leg etensions on the lower part I think but still very doable. Between the ironmaster leg ext/curl and the bodysolid I preetty much have these two exercises covered but someday would like to upgrade.
    I find that if I start with my legs straight, the beginning of the movement doesn't feel right. If I set the dial so my feet are behind my knees, it feels better and I don't notice any lost tension. Have you tried that?
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

YouTube sent me a video for the Valor CC-4 combo unit.

https://valorfitness.com/products/cc...ension-machine

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    YouTube sent me a video for the Valor CC-4 combo unit.

https://valorfitness.com/products/cc...ension-machine
    I don't have any experience with this particular machine, but the Valor squat stands that I had were ok at best. Valor doesn't make terrible stuff but it seems to be around they same quality as XMark. It works but usually has some significant flaws and doesn't have the greatest fit and finish. I'd probably steer clear unless you're looking for something entry level that you'll gladly sell when a better machine comes along.

Any thoughts on a rack mounted curl/extension? The biggest drawback appears to be limited resistance at the bottom of the leg extension. If I don't have to make permanent space for a budget unit, that's a significant pro for my basement gym. I can find somewhere to stand this up much easier to clearing a permanent space.

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/rack...on/401423.html
    https://www.elitefts.com/elitefts-st...ttachment.html
    Last edited by RGrizzzz; 08-10-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How would you even use the Elite FTS one? The Titan one looks as good as any of the bench ones. Do you have a bench that you could get an attachment for?

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    How would you even use the Elite FTS one? The Titan one looks as good as any of the bench ones. Do you have a bench that you could get an attachment for?
    Elitefts one is a STANDING leg curl. Price is bonkers.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've yet to see a compelling rack mounted one, all of them seem to be a pain to setup and likely don't work that well

Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I've yet to see a compelling rack mounted one, all of them seem to be a pain to setup and likely don't work that well
    Yeah, I agree, hence not really listing them initially. I'll be keeping an eye on the development of the Bullet proof fitness isolator too. It seems like it has lots of potential, but likely a PITA to set up too.

https://bulletproof-fitness-equipment.myshopify.com/

Originally Posted by StinnerOzz View Post
    I find that if I start with my legs straight, the beginning of the movement doesn't feel right. If I set the dial so my feet are behind my knees, it feels better and I don't notice any lost tension. Have you tried that?
    yes that does seem to help a bit. Kind of a pain getting in and out but recommended with this piece.

wrong video- it does both. lying curl/ext.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bj6fTWIYIg
    $3300 is significant. Likely more than I want to spend.
    https://www.tuffstuffitness.com/prod...-curl-ppl-155/

Fettle fitness has a version with a weight stack for 2500.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    $3300 is significant. Likely more than I want to spend.
    https://www.tuffstuffitness.com/prod...-curl-ppl-155/
    I have the TuffStuff Apollo 7000 leg ext/leg curl. It shows about the same price as the above attachment but I got mine used for $500 and I like it very well. The strength curve is great on it. I have owned a Bodysolid plate loaded leg ext/leg curl bench, Paramount seated leg curl, Legend prone leg curl & Legend leg ext . The Bodysolid bench was good but as been mentioned multiple times, you lose tension at the top of the movement unless you can rig up bands. The Legend pieces were great , just requires too much space to dedicate for two separate machines. The Paramount seated curl I didn’t care for at all. Almost regardless of the weight selection it was fairly easy until the last inch or 2 of the movement. If possible, I highly recommend trying out what you intend to buy to see how you like it as not all pieces offer a great feel or strength curve.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sgman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChjoA...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I thought this looked pretty promising. I have no experience, but it looks pretty smooth.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #54 ||---||