RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RivetBoss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

P90 questions- basically how much can I skip

That's it in a nutshell. I'm 65M and have done Insanity and P90 to completion in the past, however this is now and I'm getting old. I work four 12 hour days a week as an RN and am too beat when I get home after for any kind of workout (the drive to and from work is brutal). I exercise on my days off but obviously can't fit the whole routine, and have skipped Kenpo and yoga, now am wondering if I should eliminate Plyometrics because though I like the cardio, the jumping hurts my old man balls even though I strap the junk. Problem is I don't really get any gains from such a schedule, though that may be a consequence of age because the weight training parts I do max out. If anyone can offer suggestions or even a different routine, I'm open.

PS I'm actually training for a 10K mud run and really need to be able to do some damned pull ups.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    P90x is more of a weight loss, get fit type program than strength building, so you can skip whatever you want based on your own personal goals, schedule & "old age" issues - you just obv won't be getting as much as the program intended out of it.

You should first decide what your goals are between cardio fitness/stamina, strength training & weight loss, how many days/week you can consistently work out and what your limitations are due to age/health/injuries. Hard to pick or recommend any particular type of training otherwise.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RivetBoss View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. I'm 65M and have done Insanity and P90 to completion in the past, however this is now and I'm getting old. I work four 12 hour days a week as an RN and am too beat when I get home after for any kind of workout (the drive to and from work is brutal). I exercise on my days off but obviously can't fit the whole routine, and have skipped Kenpo and yoga, now am wondering if I should eliminate Plyometrics because though I like the cardio, the jumping hurts my old man balls even though I strap the junk. Problem is I don't really get any gains from such a schedule, though that may be a consequence of age because the weight training parts I do max out. If anyone can offer suggestions or even a different routine, I'm open.

PS I'm actually training for a 10K mud run and really need to be able to do some damned pull ups.

Congrats on your first post RivetBoss

I know nothing about PX90

I do know that if you want to get better at pull ups do more pull ups

I recently did a 10K Tough Mudder, pull ups will help. Some in the group I ran with weren't in the best of shape and did have trouble with some obstacles.

I enjoyed it immensely and especially the commoradarie, everyone in my group made it through, I along with another fellow made sure of that. Will do it again.

Have fun with the Mudder, that's what it is all about.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RivetBoss View Post
    That's it in a nutshell. .. damned pull ups.
    in a nutshell, pullups are reverse function of body fat. You know.. Y=F(x) thing. Drop x, Y goes up. There are other less meaningful variables, like muscle and things, don't bother with those (srs).