jamiezzz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Help please - advise on protein powder

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - I'm a newcomer to this forum & also to bulking up :P

I want to invest in some good protein powder, but I have no idea what to look for. Is there anything I need to be mindful of??

My wife bought me PhD's unlimited delivery so I've been looking at their products but yet to make a decision and I suppose I'd be willing to branch out to other brands too.. any beginner help would be great, thanks guys

Jamie

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First, you don't need to use protein powder. If it helps you meet your protein goals, then go for it.

I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural because it's sweetened with Stevia which is from a plant as opposed to Sucralose or Ace K which are artificial sweeteners. If it's something you use every day than you'll really want to consider what you're putting in your body.

Personally, I've been trying to get away from using protein powder as I think it'd be healthier to get my food from a less processed source. I do like it for smoothies though so that's what keeps me coming back.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jamiezzz View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - I'm a newcomer to this forum & also to bulking up :P

I want to invest in some good protein powder, but I have no idea what to look for. Is there anything I need to be mindful of??

My wife bought me PhD's unlimited delivery so I've been looking at their products but yet to make a decision and I suppose I'd be willing to branch out to other brands too.. any beginner help would be great, thanks guys

Jamie
    Never heard of that service, tried to get to their site on my phone but their mobile site is basically unusable. Anyways, see if they have a decent whey isolate protein and find a flavor that you think you might like and try it.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

jamiezzz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks both, will have a look and try something out!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural .
    That's what I take.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerntLacoe: Oposum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Falcon
    MTpocket: Owl
    Air2Fake: Weasel
    Stefo9: Feret
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Paulinanas: Coyot
    Sails: Wlf

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    That's what I take.
    Me too, though I'm not sure it's "natural" if their branding is separate for that product.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) merlen90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Never heard of that service, tried to get to their site on my phone but their mobile site is basically unusable. Anyways, see if they have a decent whey isolate protein and find a flavor that you think you might like and try it.
    +1, thats the only one that I use all my life.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Me too, though I'm not sure it's "natural" if their branding is separate for that product.
    It actually says "Naturally Flavored" now. It used to say "Natural" but someone must have called them out. I like the chocolate.

Anyways, I have that and regular flavored Gold Standard Mocha Cappuccino now. I use that more sporadically.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually prefer plant-based ones... but, I'll give a few recommendations:

Dairy-Based:
    PES Science
    Dymatize ISO-100
    Optimum Gold Standard
    MyProtein The Whey
    Ryse Protein
    Core Nutritionals

Plant Based
    Alani Nu
    JYM
    Nutrex
    BEAM
    BowMar
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"