ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PSMF Mood Log (28 Jul 2022 - 28 Aug 2022)

I'm currently trying out PSMF to try and cut down body fat. Pics are in Bodyspace since I can't upload yet. Please excuse formatting as I am on mobile.

Background:
    I've lost around 45 lbs since November and went from fat to muscular chubby. I did a refeed month during month 3 with no workout due to a wrist injury and two weeks of refeed that ended last week.

Goal: I'm trying to go from ~25% to as low as possible within a month while not dropping too much on my lifts or losing too much muscle mass.

Starting stats
    Height: 5'4 (yes I'm very vertically challenged lol)
    Starting Weight: 165
    BF%: InBody Scan puts me in 22% but visually I am at around 25% IMO.
    Current lifts:
    DB Incline/Decline/Flat Bench Press: 121 lbs
    Squat: 110 lbs
    Deadlift: 170 lbs
    Smith Machine OHP: 88 lbs

Food:
    I am one of those guys who can kinda eat the same food everyday as long as I can see an end goal in my head. So my food will roughly be the same everyday. I've also been on OMAD for roughly two weeks as I find it more manageable in terms of hunger levels.

Chicken Breast(skinless) - 600 grams
    Butter - 5 grams
    Chicken bouillon - 5 grams to season the chicken
    Paprika - 5 grams
    Juice of half a calamansi lime
    Fish Oil - 3 capsules for 3000 mg omega 3
    Total Macros: 0.7g carbs / 24g fats / 135g protein
    Total Cals: 804

Supplements:
    Multi for Potassium / Magnesium

Workout:
    My workout split is as follows:
    Day 1 - Chest/Back
    Day 2 - Arms/Shoulders
    Day 3 - Legs
    Each workout I do is 4 sets of 10 and I take a 2 mins / 1 and a half mins rest in between each set on compound and iso lifts respectively.
    I repeat them twice each week.
    45 mins of LISS cardio (3km walk each day at 4km /hour)

I actually wanted to start this on Monday, however some co workers put sugar in my coffee by accident two days in a row which just crashes me and made my hunger more significant / gives me brain fog.

Mood (Day 1):
    I was quite alert throughout my day. Had quite a few meetings. No cravings yet. My fatigue only showed up after my meal at around 9 pm.

Workout (Day 1):
    Nothing significant to note. My starting lifts are highlighted above. I was feeling a bit woozy after my LISS.

Let's see if I can do this for a month!

ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ACDCed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PSMF Log Day 2 (29 Jul 2022)

I've started to see the scale go down by around 1lbs, this is probably just water weight

Food:
    I ate the same thing as the day before but I removed the calamansi juice as I felt like it made the dish a little bit too sour for my liking.
    Chicken breast(skinless) - 600g
    Chicken bouillon - 10g
    Butter - 5g
    Two whole eggs
    3 tablet of fish oil
    With total macros ended up being (144g protein/32g fats/2.7g carbs)
    Total Cals - 920cals

I've read somewhere that OMAD is counterproductive when paired with PSMF due to the lack of glucose to power some organs for an extended period of time. Hence the body will break down muscle to produce it.

However, as it helps me in sticking to the diet, I'll probably keep staying on it for now, as I've learned in the past from trying to lose weight multiple times and failing, being consistent is way better than being too strict and falling off the wagon. However, if I notice that I am losing too much LBM, I will change my meal timings.

Workout:
    I lost around 1 rep per set during my OHP and EZBar bicep curls drop set. Meaning that I did 10, 9, 8 and 7 respectively during my 4 sets.
    Surprisingly I did manage to gain quite a few reps during my lateral raise and also gained back the 10lbs I have lost from my DB shoulder press after a few weeks of just doing OMAD.
    I also manage to get myself a very minor wrist injury when I was playing badminton in the morning.

Mood (and sleep):
    Nothing much to note here. As I've been on OMAD for a while, I'm still highly alert during the day. I also noticed that I sleep a lot better after the gym and have been on that good 8 hour sleep for two days in a row now, being able to sleep at 10:30pm and waking up at 7am despite it being a Saturday.

I also decided to take up coding to fill up my time during gymless days. I need a higher paying job in the future and I'm looking forward to progressing slowly, similar to how I've progressed in the physical part, I wanna do something that challenges my brain.

PSMF Day 3

I decided to post this one early instead of waiting till the day after since I'm at GMT+8

Food:
    Ate kinda the same thing, however, I tried mincing the chicken breast with a pair of scissors and it took a lot of work. Mince chicken is not readily available where I'm from so I guess this will have to do. I guess the good news is I found another way to cook chicken breast. I also removed the butter but substituted it with whole eggs as I don't think I'm getting enough protein.

Chicken breast: 600g
    Chicken bouillon: 10g
    Whole egg: 2 pieces (60 gram)
    Fish oil (6g)
    Total macros: 154g protein / 28g fats / 2.2g carbs

I tried changing my meal time due to an early workout and surprisingly I'm still in a high mood although I am feeling tired around 6pm. Possibly due to the gaming session that I did today.

Workout:
    I had to workout early today since the gym is only open for half a day.
    Squat: Lost 20 lbs
    Lunge: Lost 2 rep from each set of my lunges
    Lying Leg Curl: Lost 2 rep from each set.
    RDL: Lost 20lbs (deloaded for proper form)
    Leg extension: somehow gained 10lbs

Mood:
    Nothing important to note. I'm feeling a little sleepy around 8pm.

Weight: 164 lbs (lost another 1lbs possibly from water weight.)

PSMF Log Day 4

Workout:
    Taking a rest day today.

Food:
    I think I'm gonna take a break from minced chicken. I found a food processor at home. However, I feel like the texture of the chicken breast when fried without oil feels horrendous it took so much energy to consume the whole 600 gram of stir fried mince chicken yesterday. I think I am gonna look into frying smaller batches as my pan isn't big enough to fry everything at once.

I also got slightly tempted by my mum's cooking and took a bit of the spicy chicken stew. I consider this my first cheat meal.

Here's the total of what I ate:
    Chicken breast - 600g
    Chicken stock powder - 5g
    2 Whole eggs - 60g
    Spinach - 100g
    Macros: 147g protein/26.5g fats/4.4g carbs

Spicy chicken - I don't know the macros of this but I took roughly 100g of this which I'm assuming would be around 200 cals give or take.

Total Cals for this day would be 1014 cals.

Waking up this morning also reminded me that I forgot to take my supplements in day 4.

Mood:
    I feel a little bit tired and I got hungry way earlier. I believe this is due to me taking a rest day from the gym. I should've just went there for a quick LISS walk.
    Could also be from me missing my supplements.

PSMF Log Day 5

Due to my lack of planning in the food department. Today felt very lackluster and I believe it's gonna ruin the next few days for me.

Workout:
    Chest and back day.
    I felt like utter garbage during workout today. I lost 20 lbs in my decline and incline chest press. However, I did manage to increase one of my flat bench by 10 lbs for 8 reps before losing almost all my strength.

Stats are as follows.
    DB flat bench: 120lbs*8, 110lbs *8, 110lbs*7 110lbs*6, 100lbs*8
    DB incline: 110*5 (I used to be able to do 10 reps of this but I didn't have any strength today), 2 sets of 100lbs*8 and 90lbs*8
    BB decline: 90lbs*10 4 sets. I lost 10lbs from this too.

I lost 2 reps from each set of my deadlift and 10lbs from my chest supported row.

Food:
    I forgot to buy my protein source so I had a cheat meal early in PSMF. I had dry butter chicken with rice which is macro unfriendly. However I finally decided to buy protein powder to supplement my chicken breast as eating 600 grams of chicken breast each day take it's toll on you.

Mood:
    I felt very good throughout the day. However, I had a short 15 mins session of badminton with my coworkers which I believe drained my energy.

I hope I can keep up PSMF, despite the cheat meal.

PSMF Log Day 6

Early post before bed.

Workout:
    I lost quite a few reps today in all of my workouts but I managed to gain 10lbs in my DB shoulder press. I think I'm past the noob gain stage for now due to how much weight I've lost over the past few months and the aggressive cut I'm on now.

I also added two extra workout being face pulls and DB crossbody hammer curls.

I only managed to get to walk for 30 mins earlier due to me reaching the gym a bit later and the addition of the two extra workouts.

Food:
    Chicken breast - 500g
    Whey protein - 60g (2 scoops)
    Fish oil - 6g
    Macros: 147g protein/22.9g fats/6g carbs
    Calories: 976 cals

Mood:
    I felt really good after my workout earlier. I believed I got into ketosis during my last set of my crunches. I'm looking forward to continuing this. I hope I'll be able to make it.

PSMF Log Day 7&8

I was super busy and didn't have time to upload.

Here's how I'm doing during day 7 and 8:

Workout
    Day 7: Leg day.
    I changed my workout by adding 10lbs and reducing my reps by 2. It's working fine so far. I however am really feeling the reduced energy level, hence I have decided to reduce my LISS down to 20 mins just to get some steps in.

Day 8: chest and back day:
    I tried doing the same by increasing the weight but decreasing rep by 2. I managed to do my 8 reps PR
    on Monday for 4 sets today although they were for 8,7,6 and 5 reps.

Food: Day 7 & 8
    These two days were the same meal, ie:
    Chicken breast: 500 grams
    Broccoli: 200 grams
    Oil: 3g
    Butter: 5g
    Protein Powder: 2 scoops (60g)
    Fish oil: 6 tablets
    Total macros: 144.6 protein/30 fats /6 carbs

I could probably cut out the oil but it gives the chicken a nicer texture so I am deciding to keep it for a bit and see how it goes.

Mood:
    Unlike last week, I am feeling completely dead in the morning. I feel fine in the afternoon though. I am really tempted to eat rice. I also notice that when I don't get enough sleep I feel it way more in the morning. I guess I will take note in making sure I reach the full 8 hours instead of just getting 6 hours and calling it a day (or night I suppose)

I had pasta on day 9 to disastrous consequences

Day 9, 10 and 11:

I had a pasta for lunch on day 9 which was great! It was aglio olio and it had really good macro: 50g carbs, 40g fats and added with mince chicken for 100 gram protein.

However, that lead to a serious cheat weekend where I did not count my macros at all.

I think I consumed around 7000 calories during the weekend in the form of deep fried potato balls (my weakness food) and milk.

The workout during week 9 was amazing and it did feel like I had superpowers. It felt really good to not workout fasted for once.

With that said, I think I will look for some cottage cheese to start planning to break away from omad. This would be hard as my office doesn't have a microwave so I'll need to think of a way to reheat my meal.

The plan is to use cottage cheese and minced chicken breast to make some burger patties and to supplement that with 1.5 slice of bread as a pre workout meal.

Getting back on the wagon after the weekend of cheat meal would be hard but I think I'll be able to do it!

Although my adherence right now isn't the best, I hope to bounce back stronger.

I went for an inbody scan over the weekend and although I lost 2kg of fats, I also lost 2kg of Skeletal muscle mass.