ThePPLguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help figuring out if I have the right macros

I recently got back into the gym after years of not doing it since high school, I have my macros setup from a mix of the total from myfitnesspal and one other macro calculator. Im just nervous or scared im not getting adequate enough protein, carb, fat intake to actually cut fat and build muscle.

96kg(212)

6'2

I workout 6 days a week following a PPL split, Ive been doing the best I can with progressive overload and such.

Macros/Calories for cutting:

2982 total daily

Protein: 225g

Carbs: 263g

Fat: 117g

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ThePPLguy View Post
    I recently got back into the gym after years of not doing it since high school, I have my macros setup from a mix of the total from myfitnesspal and one other macro calculator. Im just nervous or scared im not getting adequate enough protein, carb, fat intake to actually cut fat and build muscle.

96kg(212)

6'2

I workout 6 days a week following a PPL split, Ive been doing the best I can with progressive overload and such.

2982 total daily

Macronutrients seem fine - protein is higher than necessary, but fine. Carb/fat ratio is fine too - as long as you're hitting your fat minimum, which is 85g based on your weight. If it were me, I'd try to get more carbs in by lowering protein a bit. You should be able to recomp for a while if you are detrained and have fat to lose, provided your training is decent.

PotentiaX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Around 20-25% of your daily calorie intake should come from fats. Which for you is around 66,27 - 82,83 grams of fats. 1.8 - 2.2 grams of protein per kg body weight is more than enough. The rest of your macro's can be carbohydrates. This should do it. Don't worry about it too much. I'm thinking you're bulking?

Originally Posted by PotentiaX View Post
    Around 20-25% of your daily calorie intake should come from fats. Which for you is around 66,27 - 82,83 grams of fats. 1.8 - 2.2 grams of protein per kg body weight is more than enough. The rest of your macro's can be carbohydrates. This should do it. Don't worry about it too much. I'm thinking you're bulking?
    No, currently im cutting weight sitting at around 211 trying to drop down to at least 195 and lower my BF%.

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    Macronutrients seem fine - protein is higher than necessary, but fine. Carb/fat ratio is fine too - as long as you're hitting your fat minimum, which is 85g based on your weight. If it were me, I'd try to get more carbs in by lowering protein a bit. You should be able to recomp for a while if you are detrained and have fat to lose, provided your training is decent.
    Any recommendation on what numbers you think dropping protein grams and raising carbs up to? Would a recomp be quicker than just actively cutting, my BF% sits at around 21.5 right now AFAIK from what I've heard is the BF% arent super accurate though.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    3000 calories a day seems high for a cut at your size. Are you incredibly active every day?

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any recommendation on what numbers you think dropping protein grams and raising carbs up to? Would a recomp be quicker than just actively cutting, my BF% sits at around 21.5 right now AFAIK from what I've heard is the BF% arent super accurate though.
    Cutting then bulking is usually a quicker and more dependable path, but it sounds like you're in a good position to recomp, so either could work. 0.8g/lb of protein is probably plenty, so you could go for 170g protein and 320g carbs, based on your current calorie target, but it really depends how you prefer to eat - results won't be much different, but the carbs might give you a bit more energy for training.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    3000 calories a day seems high for a cut at your size. Are you incredibly active every day?
    Majority of the time I am, Ill weight train for an hour and 15 or so minutes every day except on sundays and work a very manual labor job 5 days a week. Sundays im not doing much so I try to limit my calorie intake to about 24-2500. Would dropping calorie intake help I assume?

Majority of the time I am, Ill weight train for an hour and 15 or so minutes every day except on sundays and work a very manual labor job 5 days a week. Sundays im not doing much so I try to limit my calorie intake to about 24-2500. Would dropping calorie intake help I assume?
    It depends on what your goal is. If you're tring you recomp you'll want a deficit of no more than 500 calories, which should have you losing about a pound (0.45kg) per week. Faster than that and you'll be unlikely to build much muscle. You could start with your current calorie target, keep an eye on the scale and make adjustments from there. I like to weigh myself Mon-Wed-Fri and take a weekly average. I'd give it at least two weeks before adjusting calories as it's normal to have a larger fluctuation in the first week of a diet.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

96kg(212)

6'2

2982 total daily

post a pic for better opinions. There’s a good chance you need to be concentrating on Fatloss and not attempting a recomp. Hard to say without a pic. Plus 2,900 calories is really high if you want to lose any fat. Plus you’ll most likely underestimate your weekly calories so you’ll most likely be in the low to mid 3,000s.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kinda high for you maybe? Hard to say without a pic and knowing full activity level though.

I would probably start with something like this for a few weeks and see how it goes:

180p
    85f
    250c
    -----------
    2485 cals
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.