Registered User MassiveMike1975's Avatar
    MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does this Forum work?

Hello, my name is Mike.

One year ago I quit drinking alcohol and 6 months later went to a Dr appointment where I found I had dropped approximately 50lbs. Then I went to the Cardiologist and found my lower Right & Left ventricles we're thickened and enlarged. This is the point where I made a change in my diet and as of last weigh in I'm 397. I was 515 and this weight loss is amazing but I feel a lot was from not drinking 20,000 calories a week in beer. I want to walk and exercise but I literally just was out 2 days from a simple walk around my courtyard. This is extremely frustrating as I feel I have no strength at all and basic movements are exhausting and that's after almost dropping 130lbs. It's a bit discouraging because of the weight loss and my current ability. I don't know 😞

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, you're certainly in a calorie deficit but this could be from just cutting the really bad stuff out, and your nutrition is going to have a lot to do with your energy/strength. What kind of foods are you eating? You should be getting the majority of your daily intake from nutrient-dense whole foods. Just getting out and walking is a good start for building strength. Start with short walks around the neighborhood and build up to progressively longer ones.

Protein:

Eggs/Egg Whites
    Greek yogurt
    Fish
    Shrimp
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Lean ground meats

Carbs:
    Rice
    Potatoes/sweet potatoes
    Oats
    Veggies
    Fruit - apples, bananas, berries, etc.
    Yogurt

Fats
    Olive oil, avocado, nuts, fatty fish, whole eggs, etc.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Registered User MassiveMike1975's Avatar
    MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MassiveMike1975 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I appreciate the input and am currently looking into different workout programs. My daughter paid for a gym membership because I'm on Disability from my weight and the complications. I'm trying to transform myself as well as get back into the work force. I find water aerobics fairly easy to do and at my weight will burn 706 calories an hour. I'm tired of hurting all the time & waiting to die. I feel extremely motivated in my head but the body isn't ready for much more than water and small walks.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MassiveMike1975 View Post
    I appreciate the input and am currently looking into different workout programs. My daughter paid for a gym membership because I'm on Disability from my weight and the complications. I'm trying to transform myself as well as get back into the work force. I find water aerobics fairly easy to do and at my weight will burn 706 calories an hour. I'm tired of hurting all the time & waiting to die. I feel extremely motivated in my head but the body isn't ready for much more than water and small walks.
    Exercise is great, but weight loss will happen at home. I would say to make sure you have your physicians blessing before starting any exercise/gym program.

Most people don't realize that only a very small portion of your daily calorie expenditure comes from exercise (less than 10% for most people). Diet is the #1 priority, so be sure you that sorted first, while you are also working on getting in some more movement throughout the day.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mike, it's great you're started on a weight loss journey. I too am on my own journey halfway and just wanna share with you my experiences. 90% of weight loss is in the nutrition and not exercise. Pay more attention to what to eat and drink. You can google all kinds of proof and info on that. I also found that alcohol inhibits weight loss. I drank like a fish too in the past, 1L of whiskey a night. I slowed down to 1L a week. But even then, it still inhibits weight loss, even if i am not eating and exercising like mad. I finally stopped and weight came off easily without any exercise. I looked and found that hunger is a feeling, it's just hormones (aka ghrelin) your body secretes. That's all. It doesn't serve any purpose except to tell you it's meal time. It's not the body telling you that you need to eat, that you ran out of energy and need nutrition. It's just hormones you can ignore. And if you pay attention, it goes away after a few minutes. I found tricks like drinking a hot tea or a hot coffee helps a lot to comfort myself over when the ghrelin comes. I don't even call it hunger anymore and actually i get a bit annoyed at my own body for secreting ghrelin. Silly i know, but it's psychological battle with your own body. Most importantly of all, weight loss is a marathon and not a sprint. Motivate yourself, but keep safe, don't overdo. Anyway, wish you well and success in your battle!