Derpwagon89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weight loss issue for big guy

Hi all, I recently decided to get back on the wagon and get in shape. After leaving Cal Fire where I could eat whatever I wanted and stay in shape, several years working on an ambulance, Covid, and a new baby, here I am at the heaviest I have ever been.

My BMR at 6'4 340 and 33 years old is 2925 calories a day. I have severely changed my diet for the better, and track everything on myfitnesspal where i am limited to about 2200 calories a day. I am also working out 5-6 times a week with a mix of cardio and weight lifting. The struggle I am having is I don't seem to be shedding any weight. I do feel better and stronger, but am only down 4 lbs even with that caloric deficit.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I'm putting on that much muscle to not be losing as much weight as I thought? With how big I am I would have thought I would be dropping more weight. Any insight is greatly appreciated, have a great weekend everybody.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The trick is to start losing first by not doing any exercise. Sounds counter intuitive but its like having to learn to fix a car while you are driving it.

Remove a major variable and the process will be way, way easier.

Once you have the calories down to lose without working out, start slowly adding in the workouts while slightly adjusting the calories to compensate.

I would recommend eating the 2200 calories a day without the workouts and see how that goes, i am willing to wager you will jump start the success.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long have you been eating at that calorie level? You're not going to burn many calories from exercise, typically less than 10% of your daily cals come from exercise.

BMR is an irrelevant number (thats resting calories, if you laid in bed all day and didn't move). The number that really matters is TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure), which accounts for both exercise and non-exercise movement in addition to your BMR. Your TDEE calculator shoots out roughly 4000 cals for someone your size at that activity level. www.tdeecalculator.net.

I suspect you are not even remotely close in your tracking of calories, you're estimating and not actually tracking. If you're not weighing out everything (EVERY SINGLE THING) down to the gram using a food scale then thats where you are failing. If you're having unweighed/untracked cheat meals thats where you are failing. If you're drinking alcohol or other sugary drinks thats where you are failing.

Regardless of what any online calculator says, your body doesn't know numbers, it only knows if its being given enough energy to either maintain weight, lose weight, or gain weight. So if you're not losing weight (around 1% of your overall bodyweight per week is a safe and sustainable rate of loss) you need to reduce calories until you are.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100) Qwertu123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    The trick is to start losing first by not doing any exercise. Sounds counter intuitive but its like having to learn to fix a car while you are driving it.

Once you have the calories down to lose without working out, start slowly adding in the workouts while slightly adjusting the calories to compensate.

I would recommend eating the 2200 calories a day without the workouts and see how that goes, i am willing to wager you will jump start the success.
    Hi can we use waist trainers to lose waist and burn fat?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Qwertu123 View Post
    Hi can we use waist trainers to lose waist and burn fat?
    No, those things are gimmicks for most part. Only a calorie deficit will do that.

shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) shepardalison2 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Waist trainer has helped me lose weight and feel more confident about myself. I recently lost 20 pounds by reducing my junk food intake and substituting something else. Way better than trying to do some hardcore dieting. Thanks to the advice from waist trainer. This might also help you and I’ll be so happy to share with you where I bought my waist trainers, I got it from prowaist.co.uk with 50% discount with code PROWAIST50.

GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100) GinaPitterson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just eat more healthy food, that's it!

healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100) healthywellin is not very well liked. (-100)

A Drastic Way Of Diet

Diet Plan With Huge Changes
    Diet means some which I follow in our activity to achieve some result. In other words, we can say that Diet means to control any activity in our life like (Weight loss) to gain some results so diet is the pepper word to explain the management of activity in our life. There are many activities in our life in which we follow some role of diet so that our life will become fresh but we also take some drastic role in our life in which we strictly follow like if we want to lose our weight than we define some role in our life I mean drastic role in which we follow on every day so that our weight loss so we discuss some important drastic activity in our life which play a very important role in our life and every human being follow it during activity in our life. read more healthywellin.com/a-drastic-way-of-diet

longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post

Do you think 2200 is low for a guy this size? I'm 6'5" and 212-215. The last time I had my bodyfat checked I was floating about 10%. I've been as high as 317. I'm also 48 years old. I sit most of the day as I have a desk job. I'm in the gym about 4-5 hours a week lifting. Zero cardio. I carb cycle and eat 3400 calories on my lower days, 3600 on higher days and almost 4k on my refeeds. I'm not as experienced as a lot of the posters here, but I would most likely try to get my calories up and make sure my metabolism is cooking before making too many cuts. Where do you even go at 340 pounds if you start at 2200?

longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000) longrob is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Derpwagon89 View Post
    Hi all, I recently decided to get back on the wagon and get in shape. After leaving Cal Fire where I could eat whatever I wanted and stay in shape, several years working on an ambulance, Covid, and a new baby, here I am at the heaviest I have ever been.

My BMR at 6'4 340 and 33 years old is 2925 calories a day. I have severely changed my diet for the better, and track everything on myfitnesspal where i am limited to about 2200 calories a day. I am also working out 5-6 times a week with a mix of cardio and weight lifting. The struggle I am having is I don't seem to be shedding any weight. I do feel better and stronger, but am only down 4 lbs even with that caloric deficit.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I'm putting on that much muscle to not be losing as much weight as I thought? With how big I am I would have thought I would be dropping more weight. Any insight is greatly appreciated, have a great weekend everybody.
    I'm not an expert. I have also never been 340 pounds. I've been 317. We are a similar height. I was 290 in 2019. I fasted most of the weight off in 3 months doing OMAD and 6 full body sessions a week. Lots of walking. I probably would not do that again. I was about 230 earlier this year (see profile pic). I was training a hell of a lot and only eating about 2200 cals, as you are. I was stuck, weak and not getting the last of the fat off. I hired a coach, and the 1st thing she had me do was eat more. I never stop eating. We pushed the cals to 2600 for a few weeks. I lost a little bodyfat. We jumped it to 3000 and I didn't gain any weight. I'm now eating between 3400-3600 daily. I do refeeds when I look super flat at 4000 cals. I don't have much bodyfat left. I weighed 212.5 this am. The biggest mistake I ever made when losing fat was doing too much cardio and cutting my calories too low. I'm shocked by how much I'm able to eat, how my lifts go up weekly while getting leaner, but also shocked at how small I needed to get to be -10% BF. I also do no cardio.