OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein powder vs Creatine

I am a 26yo man that has been working out for 2 years now.
    I went from 76kg to 86 kg during this time (190cm) but now I would really like to step up my game a little bit, as I feel a bit stuck.
    For the last year and a half I've been taking protein shake, but if I take too much is not too good for my stomach.
    That's why I though of changing to creatine, however, I heard that one of the main benefits is that retains water in the muscle, hence you look bigger
    Will you not loose that water if you stop taking it?
    What I want is something that helps me get bigger (build muscle).
    What are other benefits of creatine vs protein? Is it worth it to take both at the same time?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not a question of whether you should switch from protein to creatine. They are different things with different purposes.

So ask yourself if you need each one or not as separate questions.

Protein: are you getting enough from your regular diet? At least 1.4 grams per kg of lean body mass. For most people anything over 120g a day is fine. If you have trouble hitting that number, add protein powder to top it up.

Creatine: for most people, basic creatine mono so cheap that you may as well just take it. Maybe you are a non responder, maybe not. As long as it doesn't cause you any GI distress, just take it.

OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatsMan9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It's not a question of whether you should switch from protein to creatine. They are different things with different purposes.

So ask yourself if you need each one or not as separate questions.

Protein: are you getting enough from your regular diet? At least 1.4 grams per kg of lean body mass. For most people anything over 120g a day is fine. If you have trouble hitting that number, add protein powder to top it up.

Creatine: for most people, basic creatine mono so cheap that you may as well just take it. Maybe you are a non responder, maybe not. As long as it doesn't cause you any GI distress, just take it.
    Thanks for you answer.
    What are the effects/benefits of creatine on the body then?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by OatsMan9000 View Post
    Thanks for you answer.
    What are the effects/benefits of creatine on the body then?
    Protein is the building block of muscle.

Creatine is an organic acid which some people don't have enough of without supplementing - it assists both performance and recovery. There is a sticky thread about it at the top of the page.

NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NotAnAlien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might want to try Ascent Native Fuel whey. They have individual packs so you don't have to shell out $40 for a whole bag. Sometimes you can find them at natural grocers or whole foods.

I don't take anything but protein myself. I don't like anything that messes with my bodies natural ability to retain water in the correct proportions and go about it's natural processes.

Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000) Brankov88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Creatine Mono used to be the cheapest supplement and very potent! Arm size increase and strength, endurance! Unfortunately whey protein isolate and creatine became most expensive!!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine also has a lot of cardiovascular and neurological benefits as well. It helps with hydration as well.

You get anywhere between 1-3 grams from food depending on your diet.

I supplement with an additional 3 grams a day, personally.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton