afterbluegreen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tips for improving form on weighted pull ups?

Weighted pull ups are probably my favourite exercise so I just want to make sure I’m doing them properly and not doing anything that’ll kill me.

-I grip the bar firmly

-Roll back my shoulder blades (yes or no?)

-I pull myself up, make sure to stay in a straight, vertical line with my legs not kipping and go until my chin is level with the bar or above it

-I slowly come back down in a straight line and stop a little bit before my torso is completely stretched out, so I can roll my shoulder blades

-repeat

Am I on the right track or am I doing the exercise wrong? Any specific resources or YouTube videos about the weighted pull up that I should check out?

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds right to me.

I prefer putting a dumbbell between my feet as it helps keep the legs vertically in-line with the torso, and I go down to a near-dead hang. Not sure the deliberate "rolling back" of the shoulders is necessary, since completing the range of motion entails scapular rotation via shoulder adduction already, but unless it's making the movement feel awkward, it probably doesn't matter.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EmilCrow21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    personally, I don't do pull ups with weight because there are other exercises for the back