pxxel is on a distinguished road. (+10)

is hip adduction and abduction isolation necessary

recently turned 16 and ive been working out for half a year now. My current leg day in a PPL split is 3x6-10 seated leg curls, a few warm up sets of back squats into 4x5 back squats (sub for hack squats if squat racks are taken), 3x8-12 sled leg press, and 4x10-15 leg extensions (before anyone says anything I do calves on push days)

Whenever I'm doing my leg curls/extensions, there's always some girl on the hip adduction machine, and until today I always considered it a pretty dumb exercise. I was watching one of those "day in the life of a college student fitness youtuber" videos (max euceda on youtube) and the guy's leg workout was the same as mine, except he also included the hip adduction/abduction machines.

so basically my question is should i use those machines as well? mr euceda has some pretty decent legs and he seems like a down to earth guy

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I found abduction useful to train the upper glute which is not well activated by typical hip hinge exercises.

This is as much for injury prevention as it is for maximal hypertophy - upper glute spasms seemed to be linked with lower back issues - in me at least. YMMV.

pxxel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I found abduction useful to train the upper glute which is not well activated by typical hip hinge exercises.

This is as much for injury prevention as it is for maximal hypertophy - upper glute spasms seemed to be linked with lower back issues - in me at least. YMMV.
    thank you, i will try it out