Jaltard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Legs don’t work after leg day

I hit legs yesterday morning after about a week of no legs because I haven’t had the time to. I didn’t push myself too hard it seemed at the time but later in the day after playing some video games I tried to stand up but couldn’t. I ended up propping myself and stood up by locking my legs but they moment I walk and bend my legs, my knees buckle and I crumple to the ground. I’ve found out that the main problem is I think my quads are super weak. There was no pain but now it’s the next day and my legs still don’t work. I tried resting and sleeping with my legs raised with a pillow underneath my knees and I tried something my friend recommended which was icing my quads and then putting a warm towel over it and repeating. I’m also using a massage gun. How long is a recovery process like this? I am hoping I’m fine by tomorrow so it doesn’t ruin my plans. Are there any other things I can do to help expedite the recovery process or is it just a waiting game?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is no need to wreck your legs once a week to get a training response. In fact it's probably counter productive.

I would greatly reduce the workload - but train legs 2 days a week, mix with other bodyparts if necessary. Or better still do a properly designed novice routine like Fierce 5.

Doing it more often will make the amount of soreness and fatigue afterwards much less after you've been doing it for a couple of weeks.