Thread: Where to start?

Rubyonthemend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rubyonthemend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rubyonthemend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where to start?

Hi guys my names Ruby I’m 28 and too skinny like weedy skinny with no muscle I started doing keto because it seems to help me gain weight if I keep my protein up along with fat but I’m so weak I don’t know where to start.
    I don’t think I could do one push up if I tried it’s not from keto I was weak before keto too I don’t seem to have lost energy and I’ve gained a little weight but I’m tired of being so weak I feel like a walking target for getting pushed around by people because I’m short and thin people pat me on the head and treat me like a child it’s sooooo annoying and the last thing I want is to have to ask people to help me lift stuff or help with stuff because I’m physically unable to lift stuff.
    I brought some dumbbells I thought maybe that was where to start but really I don’t know where to start or what to do with my diet or with getting fit and getting stronger.
    Where did you guys start with all this?

mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mych3e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rubyonthemend View Post
    Hi guys my names Ruby I’m 28 and too skinny like weedy skinny with no muscle I started doing keto because it seems to help me gain weight if I keep my protein up along with fat but I’m so weak I don’t know where to start.
    I don’t think I could do one push up if I tried it’s not from keto I was weak before keto too I don’t seem to have lost energy and I’ve gained a little weight but I’m tired of being so weak I feel like a walking target for getting pushed around by people because I’m short and thin people pat me on the head and treat me like a child it’s sooooo annoying and the last thing I want is to have to ask people to help me lift stuff or help with stuff because I’m physically unable to lift stuff.
    I brought some dumbbells I thought maybe that was where to start but really I don’t know where to start or what to do with my diet or with getting fit and getting stronger.
    Where did you guys start with all this?
    You are one of the lucky ones who don't have to worry about losing weight. It would seem trying to gain weight is easier; at least it's more fun because you don't have to restrict your diet as much. Not sure how keto helps you gain weight; usually it's more for trying to lose weight. Nevertheless, you probably shouldn't worry about diet at this stage and focus on learning how to do compound exercises first.

Not sure what dumbbell set you bought but you would really need an array of different weights depending on the exercise you want to perform. All you really need to do right now is perform exercises in strict form with a weight heavy enough that you can only do 8-10 reps. If you never worked out with weights before, you will easily gain some strength after a month or two. You have to work out hard enough that the next day you feel the effects of a good workout (i.e. good muscle soreness). After that you consume enough protein and let the muscle heal. This implies you don't workout the same muscle group again until you give it adequate recovery time. More is not better; don't make that newbie mistake.

It's all a persistence and patience game. You have make it a lifestyle if you know what I mean.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read a few articles online, watch a few videos on YouTube, read a few books from the library. There are millions of great tools for gaining mass and strength. Start reading! The lift and eat.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!