Skinnytwit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

17M, 5ft 10, 58kg. Can't gain any strength. Suspecting low testosterone

I have been plateuing for the past few months in the gym if not getting weaker. After over a year of consistently lifting I got upto 60kg bench 1rep max and was able to curl 15kg dumbells for around 8 to 12 reps (I cannot even lift this amount now ever since switching to calisthenics). I had joined a gym with my friends who weren't and still arent putting as much effort into diet, form etc and still they have now all surpassed me greatly in strength gains. This is all by just going to the gym a few days a week and eating their usual meals they were having from before going to the gym. This is how I know my lack of strength gains is abnormal. In the past month and a half I switched to calisthenics as I heard changing your routine can help your gains. But still I can do the exact same amount of dips pull ups and push ups as I could when I started while only gaining around 3 kg of weight.

Daily I get at least 2500kcals but usually higher and getting around 100g protein each day. This ontop of having mild gyno, little to no sex drive throughout the day and having low energy no matter the sleep I get leads me to believe that there's an issue with my test. I have also noticed that when I take a week off which I don't do often as I'm trying to stay and consistent as possible, I loose a good amount of strength which takes 1 or 2 more workouts to get back to where I was. This is really bumming me out as I'm seeing all my friends be stronger and more athletic than myself without seeming to even try. Some of my friends whom are similar in height and weight and dont workout are even better than me at a few aspects of lifting. Any advice would be great.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I am not clear over what period of time you gained 3kg but it sounds like you need to eat more - and eat plenty of healthy fats - that will probably sort out any hormonal issues.

NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100) NoSuchNumber is not very well liked. (-100)
    Eating good fats is solid advice, but just assuming it will fix any possible hormone issues is not.

Lots of stuff can cause hormone issues, bad diet, genetic conditions, stress, being alive today and breathing our polluted air and drinking our polluted water...

I think I have had life long low T but just discovered it lately. Mine seems to be from iron overload due to a genetic condition, which I discovered from doing 23 and me.

Even once I brought it up to several doctors their response was "Well that shouldn't be a problem" which is Western Doctor speak for "That isnt going to kill you soon, but if it makes your life miserable and your fitness goals unattainable that isn't my problem".

If you suspect low T, get it tested. If your doctor wont do it for you Everlywell has some at home tests. They have one for TSH, Cortisol, and free Testosterone, which wouldnt be a bad place to start.

If you do take an at home test, be aware of the difference between free T, which is arguably more important and a lower number, and total T, which is what almost all guidelines list.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5'10" and 127 lbs? OP you need to eat more.

Eat enough calories until you're gaining a couple pounds per month. I would probably aim for at least 120-130gr of protein per day as well as ensuring you're getting enough dietary fats (at least 50-60g) as suffolk mentioned above.
    IG: @ironhousetraining

All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.