Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

New review indicates you shouldn't decrease training volume in a deficit

Came online in February, I don't recall seeing it mentioned: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9012799/
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Came online in February, I don't recall seeing it mentioned: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9012799/
    CR is associated with a suppression of anabolic and anti-catabolic stimuli, as well as a heightened catabolic milieu.
    Consequently, RT volume should not necessarily be decreased during phases of prolonged CR.

/phew

I've been increasing volume on a deficit, just kind of hoping the logic made sense in my own head that more training volume = more anabolic signaling to cancel out the increased catabolic signaling during a prolonged calorie restriction.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well if your volume isn't that high during a deficit then I agree. If you're having trouble recovering then yes you need to lower your volume but not at the expense of intensity..
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't read the entire text since the author doesn't know how to use footnotes/endnotes, but it didn't seem to me that they stated any conclusion with a remote level of confidence, particularly for males.

IMO this is in particular one of those areas where people should be listening to their bodies/experience more than a study.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tommy W. and air2fakie, I agree if you should listen to your body and if you are having trouble recovering then cutting volume makes sense. The data isn't strong but it never really is in this field, lol. The main takeaway for me is there is no reason to initially decrease your volume just because you are starting a deficit (unless your prior personal experience indicates that you should).

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tommy W. and air2fakie, I agree if you should listen to your body and if you are having trouble recovering then cutting volume makes sense. The data isn't strong but it never really is in this field, lol. The main takeaway for me is there is no reason to initially decrease your volume just because you are starting a deficit (unless your prior personal experience indicates that you should).
    I mean I agree with this, but I think this is what most experienced people already do - gradual changes. It's not like 1 week they do X volume & then the next week they automatically do X-Y volume because they started a cut. Usually you adjust as you get further into the cut when/if performance/recovery starts to suffer.

Plus this is one of those "studies of other studies", and the selected "participants" drawn from those studies had an average age of 26 years old with no one older than 35. Especially as you get out of the "young people" age range, listening to your body & your own past training history/experience becomes even more important.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I mean I agree with this, but I think this is what most experienced people already do - gradual changes. It's not like 1 week they do X volume & then the next week they automatically do X-Y volume because they started a cut. Usually you adjust as you get further into the cut when/if performance/recovery starts to suffer.

Plus this is one of those "studies of other studies", and the selected "participants" drawn from those studies had an average age of 26 years old with no one older than 35. Especially as you get out of the "young people" age range, listening to your body & your own past training history/experience becomes even more important.
    Good points all around. I'd rep you but you're still on spread.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I didn’t.

Most 80s era bodybuilders would increase volume while in a deficit- to burn more cals and train for pump to help with capillary growth and spare injury from trying to train heavier when weak.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should be fine training with same intensity in a Caloric Deficit. Most people here do, you aren't alone by far.

It isn't an option for me in the inferred sense because natties can't gain in a caloric deficit. I do need to maintain size and strength however while on a cut.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post

These are my thoughts exactly. Every experienced lifter Ik keeps their volume the same until they actually NEED to pare down.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is kind of interesting. While I still maintain some variety, my approach on a deficit typically is to reduce volume significantly and try to emphasize keeping neural stimulus on managing heavy weight, since that is sustainable within the lower recovery threshold of a deficit and weight acclimation is often a time-sensitive motor-skill prone to atrophy quickly.

I wouldn't be able to recover appropriately to bench 5x10 at 225 consistently like I can at maintenance, but I can keep clean singles at 295 or triples at 275, to stay within spitting distance of the max while energy consumption is too low to do more than maintain.

And a key point to me is that since maintenance is the objective for training stimulus while on a deficit for an experienced lifter, not hypertrophy, and it's orthodoxy that maintenance requires far less stimulus than the latter, overloading volume on a reduced capacity to sustain it only seems to be shooting oneself in the foot.

These are just my impressions and my reasoning but there are people way beyond me who might swear by something to the contrary.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"