nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rebounder bent during workout.

I bought a rebounder and used it twice. I followed a 10 minute workout video.

(Can't post links yet).

The first time, I didn't have any issues.

The second time, 5 minutes into the workout, one of the hinges bent upward, and the rebounder wasn't flat anymore. I had to stop.

It took me more than 20 minutes of closing and opening the rebounder, to get it straight again.

I then resumed the workout. A few minutes later, it happened again.

The company is sending me a new one.

Did I do something wrong? Could it be the height of my jumps?

I had never owned one before.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    I bought a rebounder and used it twice. I followed a 10 minute workout video.

(Can't post links yet).

The first time, I didn't have any issues.

The second time, 5 minutes into the workout, one of the hinges bent upward, and the rebounder wasn't flat anymore. I had to stop.

It took me more than 20 minutes of closing and opening the rebounder, to get it straight again.

I then resumed the workout. A few minutes later, it happened again.

The company is sending me a new one.

Did I do something wrong? Could it be the height of my jumps?

I had never owned one before.
    What's the make?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nuraman00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    What's the make?
    MaXimus HIIT Bounce PRO.

Could I have been jumping too hard/high?

It says maximum weight 330 lbs, I am 178.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MaXimus HIIT Bounce PRO.

Could I have been jumping too hard/high?

It says maximum weight 330 lbs, I am 178.
    I've had a Reboundaire rebounder since 2013 or thereabouts and I do what I call 'power jumping' on it. I can't imagine that you went higher or harder than I do, so try to get your money back and then buy a Reboundaire. It's guaranteed for life.

DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DutchB1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you already have a replacement coming you just need to see if it holds up or was a defect in the first one. Hopefully they covered shipping.
    I've had a Reboundaire rebounder since 2013 or thereabouts and I do what I call 'power jumping' on it. I can't imagine that you went higher or harder than I do, so try to get your money back and then buy a Reboundaire. It's guaranteed for life.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd refrain from any somersault/twist combos.

Thanks. Can you link to yours? So I can make sure I'm looking at the right one.

One of the reasons I went with this one is because it was quarter folding.

The replacement is already on its way, so I might as well try it.

I didn't have to pay for the replacement.

What is the mat diameter of yours? Not the frame diameter, but the exposed mat diameter.

If I were to get another one, I'd also want a bigger one. But there's not many options I see for rebounders that are quarter folding and with a much larger mat area diameter. My mat are diameter is 28".

So I guess your power jumps are 1-2 feet high, and it's still ok?

Originally Posted by DutchB1 View Post
    If you already have a replacement coming you just need to see if it holds up or was a defect in the first one. Hopefully they covered shipping.
    Yes the replacement was 100% free.

In an email conversation, they also said rebounding isn't supposed to have jumps of more than 6" (6 inches).

I am new to this, so I don't know if that's true or not.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I'd refrain from any somersault/twist combos.
    I haven't tried any somersaults. I don't think I ever would, it's hard enough doing some of the exercises and keeping my balance.

What is a twist on its own? Just so I have the same understanding.

Thanks. Can you link to yours? So I can make sure I'm looking at the right one.

One of the reasons I went with this one is because it was quarter folding.

The replacement is already on its way, so I might as well try it.

I didn't have to pay for the replacement.

What is the mat diameter of yours? Not the frame diameter, but the exposed mat diameter.

If I were to get another one, I'd also want a bigger one. But there's not many options I see for rebounders that are quarter folding and with a much larger mat area diameter. My mat are diameter is 28".

So I guess your power jumps are 1-2 feet high, and it's still ok?
    Mine is the half fold and the mat is 28 inches, like yours. https://rebound-air.com/

So the prevailing thought is that when I get my replacement, I should not try to limit the height of my jumps, and I should try to use it like I did the previous two times I used my rebounder?

To see if it can withstand how I wanted to use it?

And if it can't, then it's a sign that I should get something else?

One more question. What are some thoughts on a spring rebounder vs. bungee rebounder? Until I bought mine, I didn't know that there were different types. Mine is a spring rebounder, so does the Rebound Air that @supramax linked to.