Newtothis22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice for a newbie?

New to strength-focused workouts. Pictures in BodySpace. Any advice - workout, nutrition, etc?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Welcome - but you have some reading to do. Everyone needs a baseline of knowledge to save the forum regulars answering the same questions over and over. Read the "sticky" threads at the top of each forum section - go to the following sub-forums: Workout Programs (look at Fierce 5), Exercises and Nutrition

Newtothis22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks. Curious if you have a sense of what my body fat % is? And any targeted advice for nutrition?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I'm not great at BF% calculations. You can ask in the BF% thread in the Fat Loss forum but I would say your priority is to gain muscle at the moment.

Nobody needs special nutrition advice unless they have allergies or intolerances. You simply set your calorie level, make sure you are getting enough essential nutrients - protein, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids etc. The rest - timing, food choices etc. is all down to preference and individual experimentation.

Registered User 25catfishperday's Avatar
    25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Newtothis22 View Post
    New to strength-focused workouts. Pictures in BodySpace. Any advice - workout, nutrition, etc?
    I'm just curious, when you say strength focused. Are you planning to power-lift? Or looking for more functional strength?

I've been strength training for 5-years, however I train a little different than your traditional powerlifter.

I use a lot of Weighted Pull Up's, Weighted Dips, Weighted Push Ups, mixed with Barbell Squats and Deadlifts.

I've gained serious strength over the years sticking to this. I went from Bodyweight Dips to doing Dips with (4) 45 lb plates.

It's a completely different training style than someone focused on solely powerlifting and competition movements though.