Mpena0012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lower abdominal fat retention

Hi folks. This is my first post ever. I am looking for ideas on how to lose my lower abdominal fat. My stats are 5’3” and currently 135 lbs. I’ve been training along with the beach body programs for the past two years and I am the leanest I’ve ever been. I’ve been in a low carb calorie deficit for over a year. I cut all the way down to 127 lbs but hit a wall there. I was doing LISS cardio for about an hour on cardio days and mixing in HIIT with my weight training like the program outlined. I felt as if I had low T and my dr prescribed me testosterone cypoinate at 120mg/week. I then started gaining weight and noticed more tissue on my abdomen. Can you all think of anything I can do to get this off?

Originally Posted by Mpena0012 View Post
    Hi folks. This is my first post ever. I am looking for ideas on how to lose my lower abdominal fat. My stats are 5’3” and currently 135 lbs. I’ve been training along with the beach body programs for the past two years and I am the leanest I’ve ever been. I’ve been in a low carb calorie deficit for over a year. I cut all the way down to 127 lbs but hit a wall there. I was doing LISS cardio for about an hour on cardio days and mixing in HIIT with my weight training like the program outlined. I felt as if I had low T and my dr prescribed me testosterone cypoinate at 120mg/week. I then started gaining weight and noticed more tissue on my abdomen. Can you all think of anything I can do to get this off?
    I am not 53 years old. I am 35

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you male or female?

Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce fat, you can only put yourself in an overall caloric deficit and your genetics will decide how/where the fat comes off. "Hitting a wall" as far as fat loss just means that you're eating at maintenance, and you will need to lower your calories further. Although if you don't have enough muscle mass to support getting leaner then cutting down isn't always in your best interest, so this is usually why we recommend to post a photo for best advice.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Are you male or female?

Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce fat, you can only put yourself in an overall caloric deficit and your genetics will decide how/where the fat comes off. "Hitting a wall" as far as fat loss just means that you're eating at maintenance, and you will need to lower your calories further. Although if you don't have enough muscle mass to support getting leaner then cutting down isn't always in your best interest, so this is usually why we recommend to post a photo for best advice.
    Thank you for your insight.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get away from Beach Body and start lifting weights. A good weight lifting program will maintain your muscle mass and a calorie deficit will get the rest of the fat off. If you aren’t counting and tracking your calories, you should. Post a pic of yourself for better input.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Get away from Beach Body and start lifting weights. A good weight lifting program will maintain your muscle mass and a calorie deficit will get the rest of the fat off. If you aren’t counting and tracking your calories, you should. Post a pic of yourself for better input.
    They got me down from 155 to 135. I’ve been lifting weights as of recently since I sustained a leg injury on my half marathon.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mpena0012 View Post
    They got me down from 155 to 135. I’ve been lifting weights as of recently since I sustained a leg injury on my half marathon.
    once you get down to a certain weight your body will use muscle for energy so the weightlifting is super important. Too much cardio and no weights and your body composition will be sub par so keep up the weights
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP if thats your current state on the right in your avatar photo then you don't have lower belly fat to lose.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    OP if thats your current state on the right in your avatar photo then you don't have lower belly fat to lose.
    It’s close. I’ve increased ~5lbs once I started TRT and it really impacted my midsection definition. The two dimensions in a photo make It hard to see. Also that was on a full flex.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    When you are light, this happens - if you have some muscle then you can look lean but small changes have a big impact - eat the wrong thing and your abs go away almost instantly.

You might be better off gaining some muscle with properly targeted weight training to get a larger and more consistent physique. A lot of guys in your position get put off because as soon as they start eating for muscle gain, it looks like they put on a load of fat when it was probably just a little water weight.