fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Facepulls? Doing them as double bicep or grabing horns/riding a bike?

Hey Guys,

I have a question about face pulls, I see some people do them as if you hit a double bicep pose and other do them as if they had grabbed a bulls horn or riding a motorcycle grip and pull back.

What is the right way to do this exercise, I have been doing it using the double bicep method.

Cheers.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think its really personal preference, but I believe most people do the hand over the top of the rope (double bicep pose) motion, which feels more natural to me.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personal Preference.

Some people pull from above, others shoulder height, others below.

Some use one arm at a time.

Some use one tricep rope on one cable column.

Some use two long tricep ropes on one cable column.

Some use two long tricep ropes on two cable columns.

This is MY personal preference.

Just around or a bit below shoulder height, two cable column, no attachments.

Start with arms fully extended, shoulders kind of dislocated, then shrug back the scapula while externally rotating the shoulder, keeping the elbows up and out.

Sometimes I lean back a bit

Gets that whole upper back, rear delt, and external rotors going for me (also traps and side delts)

But I have practiced with a certain momentum

I'm sure for most this would probably cause neck pain

So just play around with options and find what FEELS right for you

But honestly, the only correction option for grip is double bicep supinate grip (kind of joking)

I imagine it being like a more open chain reverse pec dec, with more freedom to move the shoulder girdle around where it feels better
    Last edited by Camarija; 06-28-2022 at 10:22 PM.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do both...do all.

I do spud strap face pulls with the external rotation one session and ez bar over hand version i use approx a sternum height cable but never really check which setting its on.

.. and on off days, i do 100-150 band face pulls of various heights and tensions. (all quality reps, no bs reps)

Facepulls and other similar work is soooo easy to recover from, you can do it 4* week and hammer it in many ways. If you just use band which are even easier on recovery? Every day.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fattofame3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheers guys.