eatthedamnyolk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice on Fat Gain

Hi, I am 5'9 170 lbs. I need advice on my current plan and where I should go from here.

This is my workout 3x a week
    Day A:
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench
    1x5 DL
    3x8 Pull ups/Chin ups

Day B:
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 OHP
    3x5 Pendlay Row

On average I eat about 3000 calories a day. I eat at least 170 grams of protein a day, I don't pay attention to carbs or fat macros so they fluctuate, typically more carbs than fat.
    I've gained ~8 pounds in the last 2 months. I am some where around 20% bodyfat, I used a tape measure with the military calculator (might be 1-2% off if I messed up the measurements)

Right now though I just want to get my lifts up as high as I can because they are pathetic:

BP: 115 lbs
    Squat: 120 lbs
    DL: 175 lbs
    OHP: 65 lbs

I know I can go more on deadlifts and squat but I'm sticking to the linear progression. I've failed on bench at 115 so I reset 10% and will try again.
    I plan to bulk until my lifts are at least at the intermediate level and then cut to 12-15% get a good physique. However I think I am gaining a little bit too much fat.
    Should I keep bulking or should I start reducing my calories? If I have to get fatter to be able to lift more I'm willing to do that but I was at 200 lbs in the past and I rather not be that heavy again if I can avoid it.

Thank you, I'll post a pic when I can.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should stop bulking, you're overweight and have plenty of fat on you to fuel gains, you should not be packing on additional pounds. At your current stats even in a deficit you should be able to improve your lifts for a long time.

Follow the Fierce 5 program, its similar to what you're doing but with some adjustments:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9678631&page=1
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

eatthedamnyolk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for the program I will try it.
    How much should I eat at a deficit? Would 100-200 calories deficit be ok?