BugsBoony is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need help building a bro split

I understand everyone here is strongly against bro splits, especially for beginners, but I have tried both upper lower and full body before, and find myself lacking in motivation. Bro splits do seem kinda fun.

Any help?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Per muscle group
    10-20 sets
    5-30 reps per set
    0-2 reps in reserve

Add some sub max singles if you care about 1tm
    Add some high velocity sets for 'power'

Don't be a dig about it
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Per muscle group
    10-20 sets
    5-30 reps per set
    0-2 reps in reserve

Add some sub max singles if you care about 1tm
    Add some high velocity sets for 'power'

Don't be a dig about it
    Thank you. So exercise selection does not matter all that much?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BugsBoony View Post
    Thank you. So exercise selection does not matter all that much?
    Of course it matters.
    But i can't pick your favourite lifts
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Of course, but I was hoping to get some suggestions. The exercises themselves are not an issue, it's just that higher frequency routines don't really motivate me to hit the gym.

Also, why does it say I am 52 when I am 20? Sorry, I am new here...

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How many days a week? Seems like a lot of bro split guys really do half assed stuff like this:

Monday- bench, db incline, cable crossovers, triceps pushdowns, rope ext overhead
    Tuesday- rows, pull-ups, db rows, curls, preachers, concentration curls
    Wed- half squats, leg press, hack squats, leg curls
    Thursday- repeat Monday, throw in shoulder press
    Friday- repeat Tuesday

Rest on weekends
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    How many days a week? Seems like a lot of bro split guys really do half assed stuff like this:

Monday- bench, db incline, cable crossovers, triceps pushdowns, rope ext overhead
    Tuesday- rows, pull-ups, db rows, curls, preachers, concentration curls
    Wed- half squats, leg press, hack squats, leg curls
    Thursday- repeat Monday, throw in shoulder press
    Friday- repeat Tuesday

Rest on weekends
    Well, I was thinking 5 days a week. Could you help me build a good one?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude it's a bro split, not brain surgery. Just destroy your muscles - and spit on all the fb, ul & ppl heathens while you do it.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    These were the best splits I did prior to the one I use now:

Day 1- chest, back, abs (superset chest/back)
    Day 2- legs, calves
    Day 3- shoulders, arms (supersetted bis/tris)
    Off
    Repeat

This was good too:
    Chest,arms
    Legs, calves
    Back, shoulders
    Rest
    Repeat
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guys who pull off a bro split have been around the block and know themselves well. They know what works for them and what doesn't. If you're asking someone to build you a bro split, you're not one of those guys.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Dude it's a bro split, not brain surgery. Just destroy your muscles - and spit on all the fb, ul & ppl heathens while you do it.
    Haha, that's true. It's just that there's so much information and so many people saying certain splits and exercises are not optimal for beginners that I want to make sure I am not spinning my wheels.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Guys who pull off a bro split have been around the block and know themselves well. They know what works for them and what doesn't. If you're asking someone to build you a bro split, you're not one of those guys.
    Well, I meant something to get started with...

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I meant something to get started with...
    That goes with knowing what works and what doesn't. It's like asking someone to buy you a wardrobe without knowing your lifestyle or even your measurements.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha, that's true. It's just that there's so much information and so many people saying certain splits and exercises are not optimal for beginners that I want to make sure I am not spinning my wheels.
    You've already decided on a bro split, so make one. It's literally pick a muscle group per day, then pick whatever exercises you want, then pick whatever set/rep combos you want. It's supposed to be easy - I have faith that you can do it. Post what you come up with if you want feedback.

This is a great plan for guys who are new, enjoy training but don’t want to train on the weekends.

Monday and Thursday hit chest/back/shoulders

Bench press
    Incline bench
    Row
    Pulldowns
    Db press
    Upright rows
    Situps

Tuesday and Friday hit legs /bis. Tris

Squat
    Leg press
    Leg ext
    Leg curls
    Barbell curls
    Db curls
    Pushdowns
    Skull crushers
    Calf raises

Sets and reps to suit goals but traditional 10-8-6-4 style works nice. Adjust weight to fail near those target reps.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Currently doing legs, chest/shoulder/tri, rest, back/bi, rest, repeat. If you don’t mind slower progress it’s a decent setup with little overlap.

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If by bro-split you mean each muscle group once a week with something like:

Chest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Arms
    Off
    Off

You should really consider upping the frequency to twice a week. As much as I wouldn't recommend 5-6 days / week for beginners, even this would be better:

Push
    Pull
    Legs
    Push
    Pull
    Legs
    Off

Reason being, hitting a muscle group 1x a week then resting 6 days straight, means you need to have enough workload capacity to require that much rest in-between workouts. Even most intermediates don't have that capacity. Which is why you will see MUCH more progress with 2-3 days of rest in-between workouts.

With that being said, I understand consistency is the most important factor. So by all means if a bro split will motivate you to get in every workout, then it's better than inconsistency.
    Email to chat about programming or anything training related : FurtadoZ9@outlook.com

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Regardless of the split I’d really try to hit everything at least once every 5th day. You don’t want to waste too much time just keeping your muscles at idle.