MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up Weight Loss Thread

Y'all know how it goes - getting back into it

Doing a more strict log of diet this time around for analysis purposes. (just general curiosity, maybe partially accountability?)

213.2lbs

Focusing 90% primarily on diet this time around, I think fear of losing weightlifting gains has hindered my cut progress in the past. I would like to just workout enough to feel good, and see those results in the mirror and on the scale. Worrying much less about weightlifting numbers this time.

Thanks for reading - this is just another accountability method!

Looking for 2-3lbs/week for the first month, 2lbs/week for the 2nd month, then seeing where I am in about 60 days.

Only short term week that I won't diet is a vacation in August, but as long as I get the train moving before then, I'm not overly concerned.

e/ kicking it off with a 60hr fast, just something I enjoy doing when starting a diet. Truly getting back in touch with the "hungry" feeling is good for me.
    Last edited by MeadxHole; 06-27-2022 at 06:51 AM.

MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Interesting water weight drop, also fast is going well.

211.2 - fluctuations go both ways

StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Roby0123 View Post
    I got a question, not eating for 60h how you deal with the hunger. Will you gain weight when you start eating again. I am on my diet recently, and I do lose weight but I feel so difficult to deal with the hunger.
    1 Egg, and A piece of corn in the morning
    Corn and chicken breast or maybe some spinage in the lunch
    nothing for dinner
    I find that it becomes easier and easier to deal with the hunger. I remind myself, it's just a hormone my body releases that makes me feel this way. I go away and do something else and after 5 mins, it goes away. But it is the mental stress that hits you. I watch competitive eating and also sit with others while they eat. It kinds of train me into getting used to the mental stress. But that mental stress doesn't go away easily. Now it is easier, but i still get stressed especially on Day 1 and day 3 and 4 of not fasting.

Yes you do put back weight once you start eating again, its the body starting to replenish lost glycogen etc. My experience with this weight gain, is that it stops after 4-5kgs as long as you are not over eating again. So if i wanna be at 70kgs, then i better set my goal at 65kg. But that also means i must eat like a 70kg guy.

Hunger is definitely something that you need to build the discipline to get used to, but you also don't need to starve yourself to lose weight. It can be pretty easy to build a deficit by going for a nice walk each day, even 30min makes a big difference in the long run but I like to go for about an hour. Then you can be surprised how much you can eat if you are weighing out your chicken, various foods.

Fasting can be effective but I wouldn't try and make it a staple in any weight loss program/path. I just like to do it to kickstart my weight loss and/or get used to that hungry feeling again. There has been times where the hunger is a bit too much and I'll break a fast early, but as long as you are careful about counting calories, you just can't let it ruin your mentality. Some people will think "oh I'm already 300 calories over, might as well go another 2000 calories over!" and that is why a majority of folks don't successfully lose weight. I'm guilty of doing that a few times as well, it's just about finding the best ways to keep yourself accountable.