GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I can't digest protein supplements

Hi there,

For the past 5 years I have tried Whey protein, Isolate, etc. yet after a daily intake of 25g, after 5-7 days my stomach and intestine start to feel irritated.
    When I have heavy protein meals I am okay. The only issue is when I have it in the form of supplements. The problem is that without the supplements I can't hit my daily.
    As I mentioned, I tried different brands, types, etc and I have the same issue with all of them.
    Any suggestion?

Thanks

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How much protein do you aim for and how much do you weigh? You may not need as much protein as you think.

Egg whites could be used, they are pretty much all protein, milk, cheese, meat, fish; is there a reason you can't eat enough from food?
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Could be a dairy intolerance or your stomach doesn’t agree with a common ingredient.

Have you tried something like digestive enzymes?

Preferably you’d just up your whole food intake to plug that gap but if you absolutely can’t eat more food, try digestive enzymes. (Which are great for using with big meals too).
    Strong & Unstable

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    Agreed with this. I've actually just started taking digestive enzymes and they're going to be staple from now on for sure for me.

GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am aiming for 170g protein/day (2.2g per kg). I am vegetarian so the veg food available is quite heavy (for ex. kidney beans). So, if I would be able to digest the supplement it would be a way easier.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    How much protein do you aim for and how much do you weigh? You may not need as much protein as you think.

Egg whites could be used, they are pretty much all protein, milk, cheese, meat, fish; is there a reason you can't eat enough from food?

I have been taking a dairy free protein supplement and I get the same result. I haven't tried the digestive enzymes.
    Do they produce some sort of side-effect if one consumes them on the daily basis?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    Could be a dairy intolerance or your stomach doesn’t agree with a common ingredient.

Preferably you’d just up your whole food intake to plug that gap but if you absolutely can’t eat more food, try digestive enzymes. (Which are great for using with big meals too).

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GonzaloSP View Post
    I have been taking a dairy free protein supplement and I get the same result. I haven't tried the digestive enzymes.
    Do they produce some sort of side-effect if one consumes them on the daily basis?

Thanks for the suggestion!
    None at all, I’ve been using ‘Digezyme’ twice a day for the last 4-5 years. They stop me having issues with lactose, bloating and any IBS symptoms.
    Strong & Unstable