Registered User 25catfishperday's Avatar
    25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Back To Training after Gym Injury

I've been a lurker for years, but wanted to introduce myself. I started lifting 5 years ago at 139 lbs soaking wet. Last year I reached 204 lbs before my first major gym injury. Over those years, training became a heavy part of my life and nearly every single day consisted of 2x a day training and lots of eating, discipline, and sweat, blood, and tears.

I've been really bummed over the last year and had to stop training all together as the doctors told me if I didn't take a year off, I would never be able to lift again. I was hoping for a faster recovery. But it dragged on and on. After 6 months I was still having trouble picking myself off the couch and felt like screaming nearly daily.

I inured myself on a 575 lb deadlift. I was far into a back workout and too tired to be attempting it and damaged my l4-l5 disc in my spine and also did what seemed like ever-lasting damage to my sciatica nerve where pain could be felt all the way down into my butt, leg, and foot for the past year.

It's been 13 months and the doctor was pretty close on the time frame, I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. I won't be squatting heavy or deadlifting heavy for a while and instead will be focusing on quality reps and building back to where I was.

I'm disappointed, because as I mentioned, I made great progress over the years and training 2x a day was my life.

With that said, I just wanted to stop in and say hi and I look forward to chatting with you guys, learning, and hopefully getting back to where I left off!

(I've spent my off-time with a new hobby hence my user-name.) I picked up fishing and learning to relax myself during my recovery and that's how I coped. Now I've became an expert fisherman, and the majority of my weekly diet is self caught lol. At least I used my time productively. Looking forward to chatting.