Registered User userM0RNBFJY8R3's Avatar
    userM0RNBFJY8R3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My ride from anorexia to body building

Hi everyone happy Sunday!
    I want to keep this short and sweet.
    I recovered from anorexia gained some weight still pretty slim but not underweight
    I decided I wanted to become a body builder I started 8 weeks ago so far my arms have gotten much bigger however I’m gaining lots of fat and muscle

It really scares me and bothers me my personal trainer tells me to just eat clean like rice and chicken but that’s a horrible life!

Should include cardio to my work out? Do I just accept that I’m gonna get fat ?

I’m new to this and would like seen advice

Thanks!!!

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Would you be able to track your calorie intake without triggering a relapse?

I'm at the other end of the scale, where I have binge eating disorder, and I find calorie tracking religiously is the only way that I can keep control.
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    <---- From a trainer, go get a new trainer.

Are you M or F? Whats your current height/weight and how much weight are you currently gaining per week/month?

No, you don't have to accept that you're going to get fat. Anyone who is bulking will add some amount of fat, thats inevitable, but if you keep your gains slow and steady (think no more than 2-3 pounds a month) while training on a good program and ensuring you're getting enough quality protein/food in your diet then you can usually minimize fat gains.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    <---- From a trainer, go get a new trainer.

Are you M or F? Whats your current height/weight and how much weight are you currently gaining per week/month?

No, you don't have to accept that you're going to get fat. Anyone who is bulking will add some amount of fat, thats inevitable, but if you keep your gains slow and steady (think no more than 2-3 pounds a month) while training on a good program and ensuring you're getting enough quality protein/food in your diet then you can usually minimize fat gains.

Hi I don’t weigh myself but I feel fat and disgusting and hate it
    I’m now trying to eat very clean but I just feel like I’m gonna be stuck with skinny fat forever and it gets me down

Should I start under eating ? But then again if I do that I’ll lose muscle

Originally Posted by CBRIT89 View Post
    Would you be able to track your calorie intake without triggering a relapse?

I'm at the other end of the scale, where I have binge eating disorder, and I find calorie tracking religiously is the only way that I can keep control.
    I don’t know should I just let myself get fat then relapse in to anorexia but weight train to lose the skinny fat would that work and keep my muscles?

I just wanna be lean I’ve just started training 6 weeks ago so I’ve got a long way to go