Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bulk or cut ? Female

Hi everyone! I’ve been training for 3 months now. Lost 10lb. I’ve been training with weights but not lifting heavy enough (I don’t think) and eating In a deficit.

I am 5ft 7 and 159lb. UK size 12, top half is slimmer than bottom half.

My goal is to be generally slimmer/leaner than I am but also build a nice shaped bum.

I am unsure whether to cut or bulk. Please can someone advise? I don’t mind brutal honesty!

Photo uploaded to bodyspace
    Last edited by Laurenwebster; 06-26-2022 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Adding content

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You should be able to upload a progress picture into your bodyspace

Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laurenwebster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Progress photo uploaded to bodyspace

Registered User 25catfishperday's Avatar
    25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Laurenwebster View Post
    Progress photo uploaded to bodyspace
    I don't get into all the "bulking / cutting" thing.

I'd prescribe High Rep Squats and Deadlifts with High Rep compound upper body movements and focus on your diet and eating lean and quality high protein meals to gain lean muscle to get to your goals.

With that said, your making great progress and look GREAT front and back. I think too many people get caught up in the "Bulking / Cutting" gig, and especially with some females the most important thing is stick to what keeps you in the gym and enjoying it. Don't over-wrap yourself in all the small stages.

I went from 139 lbs soaking wet to 205. And many people on the forum told me. You'll never get there by doing sets of 5. "You need to be doing sets of 10, yada, yada, yada." I got there and got stronger than ever and did the oppisite of what most told me.

It's all about finding what works for you. I find old-school training works best for me. Wish the best of luck and again you look sexy from the front and back.
    Last edited by 25catfishperday; 06-26-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Thank you. I really appreciate your feedback and response.

25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 25catfishperday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you. I really appreciate your feedback and response.
    No problem Lauren, if you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you get into training? If I were you I would focus on a lot of delt, back, and glute training. As a guy, I think it's sexy seeing a woman with nice set of glutes. But the delts and strong back muscles are what really separate a lot of the casual female gym go'ers to women further advanced in their training.

In your first years, I prefer compound movements because I think your first year is the most important where gains are the easiest to be made. And for example, even if you can't do a chin-up. A band assisted chin-up until you get there will really bring out your back muscles, rear delts, and give your arms some curve all at once, and also build up your core. i think you'll get more bang for your buck.

I have been on and off fitness for about 4 years. I have only ever done HIIT training until 3 months ago when I started weight training.

My dad passed away last year and I piled on about 1.5stone through binging and not being active. So 3 months ago I started weight training.

I currently train arms 1x per week, abs and cardio 1x eper week and legs and glutes 3x per week.

That piece of advice has given me some perspective I hadn’t thought much about that actually.

I have been on and off fitness for about 4 years. I have only ever done HIIT training until 3 months ago when I started weight training.

My dad passed away last year and I piled on about 1.5stone through binging and not being active. So 3 months ago I started weight training.

I currently train arms 1x per week, abs and cardio 1x eper week and legs and glutes 3x per week.

That piece of advice has given me some perspective I hadn’t thought much about that actually.
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad! I'm in the same boat except different story. I trained for 5 years, and got injured on a heavy deadlift. After a year break, I'm just getting back to where I can lift again though and I'm glad to see your fighting the battle and getting back up and being positive.

Defiantly add back training. And the good news is you can even throw your back day on the same day as your glutes, considering your using a lot of the same muscles if you dead-lift.

When you say "stone" are you from Britain or Australia?

I do get a sore back so I must be working it in some way! But I definitely love the idea of the assisted pull ups.

I am from the UK.

Glad you’re getting back to it aswell!!

I do get a sore back so I must be working it in some way! But I definitely love the idea of the assisted pull ups.

I am from the UK.

Glad you’re getting back to it aswell!!
    You probably are. Try some seated cable rows also. You can also switch grips, wide grip to close grip and activate different parts of your back. You will probably like those and they are really simple to learn and effective. And UK, gotcha. I've always wanted to meet a UK woman. You should check your pm's. lol

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi everyone! I’ve been training for 3 months now. Lost 10lb. I’ve been training with weights but not lifting heavy enough (I don’t think) and eating In a deficit.

I am 5ft 7 and 159lb. UK size 12, top half is slimmer than bottom half.

My goal is to be generally slimmer/leaner than I am but also build a nice shaped bum.

I am unsure whether to cut or bulk. Please can someone advise? I don’t mind brutal honesty!

Photo uploaded to bodyspace
    You look good where you're at right now, but if the goal is to be slimmer/leaner then perhaps continuing to train in a small caloric deficit is your best path. Since you're still new to strength training you'll be able to add some muscle even while slowly cutting down, which will allow you to shape your glutes a little more. I would also ensure you're getting enough protein (at least 0.8gr per pound of bodyweight daily), and eat at a calorie level that has you losing no more than about 1lb per week.

Concur with 25Catfish above not to ignore the upper body, and put some more focus on your delts and back as well. No reason you can't be working those body parts at least 2x a week also. Having a full nicely shaped physique is a lot better than just having good lower half. Figure out what you like and what works best for you and just go with it.
    IG: @ironhousetraining

All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.