MaxO24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training each muscle group 1-2x week?

I do a 6 day split. I have been lifting 9 or so months and I have seen some good results. However, I have noticed people have said on internet I should be exercising each muscle group 2x per week. I haven't done that since lol. I've been doing each muscle group once per day and core 3x/week. People have said if you exercise every muscle group per week twice, you will notice faster growth. I get the logic, however, I do 20-24, sometimes 30 sets for each isolation day. It's 'recommended' to have 16-20 sets is what I've read, but if I split this up into 2 days (9-10 sets on a Monday for chest then 9-10 sets on a Thursday) I am technically still getting same stimulus as if I had done it all in one day...Advice appreciated, I find it confusing.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, you can break up the number of sets across different days and the results will be the same. Maybe a little better since more of the sets will be done before "from fresh". The number of sets is the way to count the total workload as long as you take every set to a consistent level of exertion - like around 1-2 reps before failure. If you genuinely reach that point on every set you may find you don't need as many total sets.

Think about it, if you do 4 sets with the same weight and same number of reps - was the first set really 2 reps before failure? Probably not - more like 5-8 reps before failure...

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you’re happy with your results then it doesn’t matter what people on the internet say. If you’re not happy, then consider it.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your real issue is going to be once high volume stops working where do you go from there? That’s why it’s recommended that novices start with training each muscle 3 times per week with lower volumes and progress from there.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Your real issue is going to be once high volume stops working where do you go from there? That’s why it’s recommended that novices start with training each muscle 3 times per week with lower volumes and progress from there.
    Someone clearly has never reached the promised land known as 200 sets/week.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My recommendation I for hyp is

(not accounting for your historical responces if you tracked well enough to know as that can vary these GENERAL recommendations)

Per muscle group.
    8-15 reps per set
    10-20sets 0-2reps from failure - but not Missing
    No more than around 10 sets per session
    This doesn't really account for drop sets, rp, myo ect.

So that equates to 5-10 hard regular sets twice per week for most people.

Chemical assistance changes things
    Desire for maximal strength changes things
    Desire for explosive or speed changes things up,

This comes from data. Studies. Metas, anecdotes and years of coaching experience
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Exactly this
    Email to chat about programming or anything training related : FurtadoZ9@outlook.com