Thread: Bloated stomach

Scotia75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bloated stomach

Hi everyone thought I would try on here for some advice been training for many years but the last 5 years my stomach has bloated out no matter what I eat by the end of the day it’s uncomfortable does anyone else suffer from the same thing

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mine too. When I was younger, I never had to consciously suck in my gut. Now, at 46, I do.

I've got a number of theories ...

Fat. I still have very visible abs and vascularity, so I didn't think fat was the problem. But I started upping my cardio, and my gut seems flatter. Perhaps my body prefers to store fat viscerally rather than subcutaneously.

Undertrained transverse abdominis. I never really did anything directly for this muscle group when I was younger. I also sit at a desk most days at my day job which means I'm probably not actively using it as often as I should be. So, combined with aging and underuse it stands to reason that the muscle will start to get soft and atrophy. I started incorporating doing stomach vacuums into my routine, and I'd say it helped a lot.

Diet. I started taking probiotics to help with digestion.