themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spinning the wheels on fierce 5

Hi guys,

I appreciate all your help on this forum so far!

I have been doing the fierce 5 programme (intermediate) now for a good 10 months but I have reached a point where my lifts have stalled, the only exception is leg press and deads, deads due to improper form and dialing weight waaaay back, now doing 105kg x5 (pr was 150kg)

I have stalled on all other main lifts, taken a deload and still stalled, if i am lucky i manage to get an extra 2.5kg in 2 months but normally it takes me a month just to increase by 1 or 2 reps, especially on shoulder press

Diet is fine, gaining about 500g-1kg a month

I have heard of rotating excercises to increase reps and weight but not sure what that means as such.

Weight 77.8kg

Lifts:

BP 97.5kg (5 reps)
    Ohp 57.5kg 5 reps
    Rows 57.5 8 reps
    Deads (as mentioned)
    Don't squat due to lower back injury but do leg press (160kg 10 reps) and belt squats 40kg 10 reps (still increasing on both)

Any recommendations here?
    Last edited by themorganator4; 06-24-2022 at 01:17 AM.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2.5kg or 1-2 reps in 2 months
    Sounds like youre not following the program?

Just move to something else.. F5 is great but its not enough volume or too much intensity for probably half the people running it.

10 months is a great run. Just move on.don't grind your self to dust.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 06-24-2022 at 04:59 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post

Just move to something else.. F5 is great but its not enough volume or too much intensity for probably half the people running it.

He has spoken.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What version are you running ? The 5 day is pretty high volume tbh…

themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themorganator4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    What version are you running ? The 5 day is pretty high volume tbh…
    Upper lower split

I follow the programme, I.e increase by 1 rep a set then increase by 2.5kg. Thing is it tales me about a month to increase in reps son I can add weight.

I was thinking of adding a set to the excercises I'm stuck on to increase volume, what do you think?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by themorganator4 View Post
    The push pull split
    There isn't a Fierce 5 push/pull split afaik.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Upper lower split
    Okay you have a few options.

1. Move to the inter/advanced LULPP
    2. Move to specialization cycles

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I follow the programme, I.e increase by 1 rep a set then increase by 2.5kg. Thing is it tales me about a month to increase in reps son I can add weight.

I was thinking of adding a set to the excercises I'm stuck on to increase volume, what do you think?
    Your working far too heavy.

People neverTake the prescribed 10-15% reset (which only really should be done twice at most) properly and then move the weight concentrically explosively with real violent intent. Zero reason to be grinding out sets that way.

If you arent adding a rep one session then weight then next on the big lifts. you're not following the program.

Adding a set while grinding your self into dust is going to just bury your faster.

First recommendation stands. Move on.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Your working far too heavy.

People neverTake the prescribed 10-15% reset (which only really should be done twice at most) properly and then move the weight concentrically explosively with real violent intent. Zero reason to be grinding out sets that way.

If you arent adding a rep one session then weight then next on the big lifts. you're not following the program.

Adding a set while grinding your self into dust is going to just bury your faster.

First recommendation stands. Move on.

Ok got it, what do you recommend, more volume, less weight I assume, swap out with alternative excercises for a period of time? I.e DB bench press instead of barbell

Sorry if I sound clueless but I was on a novice programme for 2 years (yes I'm an idiot) so never been in this position before

Appreciate your help