Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User UlfhednarHamask's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    UlfhednarHamask is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UlfhednarHamask is offline

    Unhappy I stopped using pre workout but my anxiety did not go away

    hello, first of all, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, ı am 20 years old, I've been doing bodybuilding for 3 years. I decided to use pre workout for the first time this year, but after using 1-2 spoons, extreme tension, heart palpitations made me feel bad, I stopped using it (extreme fatigue for 2 weeks after quitting). and I felt brain fog) the problem is that although I used any stimulant, my anxiety did not go away after the training, this negatively affects my training, my appetite. It has been 3 months and still every time I train, my anxiety increases. On days when I don't train, there is no problem, nothing like this has ever happened before, has anyone had anything like this before? Note: I went to the doctor and had a blood test done, but nothing came out.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    OCB Pro smokinal's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Posts: 6,362
    Rep Power: 120686
    smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    smokinal is offline
    I think you're mentally associating the bad experience you had with the PWO to training. So now, when you train, you get a placebo effect of anxiety.
    You need to remind yourself that you're fine on non-training days and to not let this bother you. Maybe even see a therapist of some sort.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User UlfhednarHamask's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    UlfhednarHamask is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UlfhednarHamask is offline
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I think you're mentally associating the bad experience you had with the PWO to training. So now, when you train, you get a placebo effect of anxiety.
    You need to remind yourself that you're fine on non-training days and to not let this bother you. Maybe even see a therapist of some sort.
    I think so too, I did a trauma to the body or something like that, I think a cold shower is good after the training, I realized that
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Immichaelski's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Age: 42
    Posts: 9,965
    Rep Power: 13301
    Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Immichaelski is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Immichaelski is online now

    Exclamation

    Maybe you are sleeping too much. I used to think I had anxiety but the. I picked up a second job and after working 2 jobs and hitting the gym I can drink a preworkout and fall asleep. I’m too worn out for anxiety
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User UlfhednarHamask's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    UlfhednarHamask is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UlfhednarHamask is offline
    Originally Posted by Immichaelski View Post
    Maybe you are sleeping too much. I used to think I had anxiety but the. I picked up a second job and after working 2 jobs and hitting the gym I can drink a preworkout and fall asleep. I’m too worn out for anxiety
    I tried everything but it doesn't work. I used to feel wonderfully refreshed after the training, now I have a remarkable increase in anxiety, I don't think it's a placebo...
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Moderator SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 54,294
    Rep Power: 1337520
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    SuffolkPunch is offline
    Are you dieting? Being in a calorie deficit can affect your mood negatively. Or perhaps you are in need of a deload.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User UlfhednarHamask's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    UlfhednarHamask is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UlfhednarHamask is offline
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Are you dieting? Being in a calorie deficit can affect your mood negatively. Or perhaps you are in need of a deload.
    No, I always try to eat well because my fat rate is low and my metabolism is fast. All my life, sports have relieved me. After using pre workout, it's ridiculous that it's like this. I haven't been using supplements for months and I've only started to worry after sports I haven't been going to sports for 2 weeks, everything is normal. This is bull****
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User JustinP72's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2019
    Age: 52
    Posts: 133
    Rep Power: 901
    JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    JustinP72 is offline
    Don't know what you took as a pre-workout, but it's extremely unlikely to be the cause of what your experiencing given you've stopped taking it for a decent duration. If you took a pre-workout that contained something that could potentially affect your hormones (particularly testosterone) such as a SARM or anabolic steroid it could have lingering affects lasting post use, but would have shown in your blood work (if you had the right tests ran) and would more than likely have returned to normal by now.

    Long story short, at this point it's not your previously taken preworkout that's causing what you're describing.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User ManwittaPlan's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 1,582
    Rep Power: 22303
    ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ManwittaPlan is offline
    Originally Posted by UlfhednarHamask View Post
    hello, first of all, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, ı am 20 years old, I've been doing bodybuilding for 3 years. I decided to use pre workout for the first time this year, but after using 1-2 spoons, extreme tension, heart palpitations made me feel bad, I stopped using it (extreme fatigue for 2 weeks after quitting). and I felt brain fog) the problem is that although I used any stimulant, my anxiety did not go away after the training, this negatively affects my training, my appetite. It has been 3 months and still every time I train, my anxiety increases. On days when I don't train, there is no problem, nothing like this has ever happened before, has anyone had anything like this before? Note: I went to the doctor and had a blood test done, but nothing came out.
    Look in to the wim hof method, your symptoms will disappear and never return. If you’re interested in finding out more tell me and I’ll get more in depth.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User UlfhednarHamask's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    UlfhednarHamask is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UlfhednarHamask is offline
    Originally Posted by JustinP72 View Post
    Don't know what you took as a pre-workout, but it's extremely unlikely to be the cause of what your experiencing given you've stopped taking it for a decent duration. If you took a pre-workout that contained something that could potentially affect your hormones (particularly testosterone) such as a SARM or anabolic steroid it could have lingering affects lasting post use, but would have shown in your blood work (if you had the right tests ran) and would more than likely have returned to normal by now.

    Long story short, at this point it's not your previously taken preworkout that's causing what you're describing.
    Even though I stopped using the pre workout, I don't think it makes sense that my anxiety didn't go away. It shouldn't have such an effect. There is no anabolic Steroid in the supplements I use. The only thing that caught my attention is that there is nox in it.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User UlfhednarHamask's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2022
    Age: 52
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    UlfhednarHamask is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UlfhednarHamask is offline
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    Look in to the wim hof method, your symptoms will disappear and never return. If you’re interested in finding out more tell me and I’ll get more in depth.
    I will try this method, thanks, but I have never had anxiety, panic attacks or similar psychological health problems in my life, nor did I use medication, it's really interesting that I don't worry only after training.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts