caseyhill1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fitness competition - what programming would you do?

I am in a high stakes fitness competition with a group. On Jan. 30 we run the test and it’s 5 categories. Whoever wins the most categories wins.

Fastest mile time
    Highest vertical leap
    Most reps of 225 DL
    Most reps of 185 squat
    Most reps of 135 bench

I have a slight edge over the two major people I think are my competition on squats but big disadvantage on the bench.

Because the weights are light for lifting should I just do a ton of volume work or should I still strength train?

Should I bulk up (no weight limit) or will that tor**** my mile and vert?

Would love any advice.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Specificity is the first rule of sports related training so focus on those events. You could do them more frequently if you don't go right up to your max every time. Perhaps have a 'light' session after the 'heavy' session where you do 75% of the reps you did in the previous session. Then you should be able to do them each at least twice a week, perhaps more.

gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10) gorskk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I were programming a fitness competition, I would want to include a variety of events that would test the participants' overall fitness level. The events would likely include a strength component, such as a deadlift or clean and jerk, as well as a cardiovascular component, such as a run or an obstacle course. I would also want to include a skills component, such as a gymnastics routine or an agility course. Ultimately, the goal would be to create a competition that would challenge the participants' physical and mental toughness.