Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hendrixfreak70 View Post
    I could’ve retired at 34. I received 100% VA disability then, which became permanent and total not too long ago. At the present it’s almost 4k a month. I think that’s pretty good and can be lived on without working. I was offshore working at the time and making a TON of money between the both.

I have a lot of equity in my home and a semi-decent savings with a few even smaller investments. I have no plans to retire in the traditional sense because I’m an assistant pastor at my church, a fundamental Baptist church (not Westboro lol).

But I tell ya, as someone who struggled financially as a child because my mom struggled, it’s nice to know I don’t have financial worries.
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    My plan was always to retire at 50. Luckily, one of my earliest mentors convinced me that I could save 10% of my income and never miss it. Not entirely true about the never missing it part, but still some of the best advice I ever got. The same guy convinced me never to sell a house. That also worked out pretty well,... eventually. I do not have a mortgage.

I knew pretty early on that I was never going to earn much money so I invested heavily in cutting expenses.

I pay nothing for medical care and as soon as I can bring myself to pull the trigger on expanding my solar system, I will not have a power bill over $50.

I never drove a new car in my life. My hobbies were always athletic type things that were not particularly costly, and I do not care for expensive clothes or resteraunts. Bicycles have definately been my greatest personal expense and I ride mid priced bikes that I bought used. I bet I have spent less than $3k on bikes in 20 years.

I can get to almost anywhere in the world for under $600, and to most places for under $200.

My wife leases. That is our only real luxury. I drive a 2011 Tundra and am restoring an 85 F150.

I really enjoyed these posts. Nice work gentlemen...

Motivates me to post a little of my story which I will do when I have a bit more time.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Social distancing expert

Livin the Dream

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Just throwing out my biased encouragement to move that one up on the priority list.

I love the languages.
    Spanish, I can get by in a restaurant or asking some everyday questions but I still consider myself mono-lingual.
    Astronomy, I love the sciences too.

Have a great day all....
    Hi Wayne, going to send you a PM about the guitars!

Thanks
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hard to say when this will be for me – could be next year, could be in 10 – all depends on how investments turn out. I don't have much in base expenses or needs and the luxury stuff like name brand stuff like suits, watches etc I have already bought and they should last a quite bit.

What I hope to do is spend time on hobbies and interest and perhaps if lucky even make a little side income from them – investing/trading/crypto, woodworking, and now starting up with photography. I'd love to have my schedule set up with multiple conventions around europe and the rest of the world for crypto etc to meet likeminded ppl and see new places at the same time....and snap some pics along the way.

If I get more into photography I guess that would be even more of an incentive to travel and find good spots for that.

A large turn of the century house with plenty of space to grow my own food is goal as well. If lucky, Ng could let me adopt some of his goats.

eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) eomrat has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    you have been hit at least twice by cars
    I got hit by the same guy, at nearly the same spot, at almost the same time Saturday morning, exactly one week apart. Both times dude was driving no more than 5 mph. Guy was drunker than Cooter Brown and just getting off work at the concrete plant. Interesting job he must have had.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Wayne, going to send you a PM about the guitars! Thanks
    Got it....I'll make another cup of mud and respond to your PM.

Have a great day everyone....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 06-24-2022 at 06:48 AM.
    Original music: www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos
    Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.

friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) friesbruh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    GJ OP

as for me, many many years from retirement. the one thing that may help a bunch is the house i bought in march 2021. rents out for a good chunk of change, $3k above and beyond mortgage but when you take away expenses that might turn out to be around $2000 actual profit each month. if i could get 1 more, maybe two, then id be good to go but cant do that until rates go back down due to income.

am always looking in to other ways to make money though.

- have bought websites. mosrt are valued around $500-1000
    - drop shipping pet products. have a baller brand name picked out
    - drop shipping a watch brand i came up with (have design and name picked out)
    - looking in to coding and making an app.
    - looking at buying vacant land in alaska, putting a cabin on it and seeing if there's profit there

looking in to a lot of chit to speed up the process. truth is if id known then when i was 21 what i know now, i could have been retired 5yrs ago. better late than never i suppose.
    bro country crew / misc irl crew / og camaro crew / cat video crew / extra onion crew / eos R crew / m&p .40 crew / trump crew / buffalo bills crew / brunette crew / real estate crew / tin cup crew / ap3 crew / Snails gone too soon crew / Air 2S crew

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Wayne, going to send you a PM about the guitars! Thanks
    Just sent you a response.

Back to topic....

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Got it....I'll make another cup of mud and respond to your PM.

Have a great day everyone....
    I need to learn how to send PMs, not sure if it went , I will try again,

I checked my inbox nothing there

Thanks
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

I need to learn how to send PMs, not sure if it went , I will try again, I checked my inbox nothing thereThanks
    I just re-sent you a PM so let me know.

I don't know WTF I'm doing wrong but I accept all accountability for my senior moments.

Back to topic....

EDIT: FOUND THE PROBLEM: my PM was too long. I didn't see the 'too long' message initially so I had to delete some info and re-sent.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 06-24-2022 at 12:19 PM.

LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You haven’t lived until you die in massive debt.

Stick it to ‘em!!!

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Stick it to ‘em!!!

Seriously?

No way I could do that.

I own everything and don't have any debt to speak of. I haven't for many many decades.

I do have a credit card that I make all my purchases and bills on but that gets paid off in full automatically monthly. Even my funeral expenses are paid for, when I croak my son will be set for life. Any debt left behind could come off my estate and take away from what he should receive, so it makes no sense to leave debt behind imo.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 06-24-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Social distancing expert

Livin the Dream

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Stick it to ‘em!!!
    That is a great way to insure that you always remain broke. I don't wanna owe anybody anything.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Stick it to ‘em!!!
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    That is a great way to insure that you always remain broke. I don't wanna owe anybody anything.
    In generalities, part of my business is educating Registered Investment Advisors on how to promote and sell Debt Elimination strategies to their clientele using permanent whole life insurance in addition to a specialized software for the strategy. A big part of financial freedom is getting rid of debt well before retirement.

So, Karlito, we are aligned
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    In generalities, part of my business is educating Registered Investment Advisors on how to promote and sell Debt Elimination strategies to their clientele using permanent whole life insurance in addition to a specialized software for the strategy. A big part of financial freedom is getting rid of debt well before retirement.

So, Karlito, we are aligned
    I’ve read about a strategy of buying life insurance to shield large estates from taxes, even if the cost of the policy is high. Basically more assets to the heirs without taxes.

weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) weiss1967 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I can't wait to retire but I love my job most days so I have mixed feels.
    same here. I have a stack of hobbies to fill my days in retirement. But I will miss work.

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I got hit by the same guy, at nearly the same spot, at almost the same time Saturday morning, exactly one week apart. Both times dude was driving no more than 5 mph. Guy was drunker than Cooter Brown and just getting off work at the concrete plant. Interesting job he must have had.

That's crazy, were you injured any damage to the bike?

Social distancing expert

Livin the Dream