Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hendrixfreak70 View Post
    I could’ve retired at 34. I received 100% VA disability then, which became permanent and total not too long ago. At the present it’s almost 4k a month. I think that’s pretty good and can be lived on without working. I was offshore working at the time and making a TON of money between the both.

I have a lot of equity in my home and a semi-decent savings with a few even smaller investments. I have no plans to retire in the traditional sense because I’m an assistant pastor at my church, a fundamental Baptist church (not Westboro lol).

But I tell ya, as someone who struggled financially as a child because my mom struggled, it’s nice to know I don’t have financial worries.
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    My plan was always to retire at 50. Luckily, one of my earliest mentors convinced me that I could save 10% of my income and never miss it. Not entirely true about the never missing it part, but still some of the best advice I ever got. The same guy convinced me never to sell a house. That also worked out pretty well,... eventually. I do not have a mortgage.

I knew pretty early on that I was never going to earn much money so I invested heavily in cutting expenses.

I pay nothing for medical care and as soon as I can bring myself to pull the trigger on expanding my solar system, I will not have a power bill over $50.

I never drove a new car in my life. My hobbies were always athletic type things that were not particularly costly, and I do not care for expensive clothes or resteraunts. Bicycles have definately been my greatest personal expense and I ride mid priced bikes that I bought used. I bet I have spent less than $3k on bikes in 20 years.

I can get to almost anywhere in the world for under $600, and to most places for under $200.

My wife leases. That is our only real luxury. I drive a 2011 Tundra and am restoring an 85 F150.

I really enjoyed these posts. Nice work gentlemen...

Motivates me to post a little of my story which I will do when I have a bit more time.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Just throwing out my biased encouragement to move that one up on the priority list.

I love the languages.
    Spanish, I can get by in a restaurant or asking some everyday questions but I still consider myself mono-lingual.
    Astronomy, I love the sciences too.

Have a great day all....
    Hi Wayne, going to send you a PM about the guitars!

Thanks
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hard to say when this will be for me – could be next year, could be in 10 – all depends on how investments turn out. I don't have much in base expenses or needs and the luxury stuff like name brand stuff like suits, watches etc I have already bought and they should last a quite bit.

What I hope to do is spend time on hobbies and interest and perhaps if lucky even make a little side income from them – investing/trading/crypto, woodworking, and now starting up with photography. I'd love to have my schedule set up with multiple conventions around europe and the rest of the world for crypto etc to meet likeminded ppl and see new places at the same time....and snap some pics along the way.

If I get more into photography I guess that would be even more of an incentive to travel and find good spots for that.

A large turn of the century house with plenty of space to grow my own food is goal as well. If lucky, Ng could let me adopt some of his goats.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    you have been hit at least twice by cars
    I got hit by the same guy, at nearly the same spot, at almost the same time Saturday morning, exactly one week apart. Both times dude was driving no more than 5 mph. Guy was drunker than Cooter Brown and just getting off work at the concrete plant. Interesting job he must have had.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Wayne, going to send you a PM about the guitars! Thanks
    Got it....I'll make another cup of mud and respond to your PM.

Have a great day everyone....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 06-24-2022 at 06:48 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Wayne, going to send you a PM about the guitars! Thanks
    Just sent you a response.

Back to topic....
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Got it....I'll make another cup of mud and respond to your PM.

Have a great day everyone....
    I need to learn how to send PMs, not sure if it went , I will try again,

I checked my inbox nothing there

Thanks

I need to learn how to send PMs, not sure if it went , I will try again, I checked my inbox nothing thereThanks
    I just re-sent you a PM so let me know.

I don't know WTF I'm doing wrong but I accept all accountability for my senior moments.

Back to topic....

EDIT: FOUND THE PROBLEM: my PM was too long. I didn't see the 'too long' message initially so I had to delete some info and re-sent.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 06-24-2022 at 12:19 PM.
    Original music:

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You haven’t lived until you die in massive debt.

Stick it to ‘em!!!

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Stick it to ‘em!!!

Seriously?

No way I could do that.

I own everything and don't have any debt to speak of. I haven't for many many decades.

I do have a credit card that I make all my purchases and bills on but that gets paid off in full automatically monthly. Even my funeral expenses are paid for, when I croak my son will be set for life. Any debt left behind could come off my estate and take away from what he should receive, so it makes no sense to leave debt behind imo.
    Last edited by mtpockets; 06-24-2022 at 01:24 PM.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Stick it to ‘em!!!
    That is a great way to insure that you always remain broke. I don't wanna owe anybody anything.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Stick it to ‘em!!!
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    That is a great way to insure that you always remain broke. I don't wanna owe anybody anything.
    In generalities, part of my business is educating Registered Investment Advisors on how to promote and sell Debt Elimination strategies to their clientele using permanent whole life insurance in addition to a specialized software for the strategy. A big part of financial freedom is getting rid of debt well before retirement.

So, Karlito, we are aligned
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    In generalities, part of my business is educating Registered Investment Advisors on how to promote and sell Debt Elimination strategies to their clientele using permanent whole life insurance in addition to a specialized software for the strategy. A big part of financial freedom is getting rid of debt well before retirement.

So, Karlito, we are aligned
    I’ve read about a strategy of buying life insurance to shield large estates from taxes, even if the cost of the policy is high. Basically more assets to the heirs without taxes.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I can't wait to retire but I love my job most days so I have mixed feels.
    same here. I have a stack of hobbies to fill my days in retirement. But I will miss work.

Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    I got hit by the same guy, at nearly the same spot, at almost the same time Saturday morning, exactly one week apart. Both times dude was driving no more than 5 mph. Guy was drunker than Cooter Brown and just getting off work at the concrete plant. Interesting job he must have had.

That's crazy, were you injured any damage to the bike?

Friends of mine from the cross-fit gym I go to and his wife decided to quit the rat race and retire, they are both outdoors people in their early 40's with 2 young children. They purchased a bunch of acreage on a lake with a small river running through it with plans to create a self-sufficient homestead and have been preparing for this for quite some time. Needless to say they are very excited and I am excited for them.

I haven't seen the property yet but this weekend I am supposed to go with him to haul in his band saw mill, set it up and show him how to run it so I will get a peek at it then. I don't know if it is because of the pandemic or what, but over the last couple of years I am seeing more folks moving to a simpler life and leaving the cities behind. it's pretty good timing for some, my friends had purchased this property in 2019 and made a killing selling their home and cottage during the pandemic, it was actually a driving factor in them making this move a year or so earlier than planned.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I’ve read about a strategy of buying life insurance to shield large estates from taxes, even if the cost of the policy is high. Basically more assets to the heirs without taxes.
    Yes, there are many strategies where whole life insurance can benefit estates and businesses and high net worths.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Friends of mine from the cross-fit gym I go to and his wife decided to quit the rat race and retire, they are both outdoors people in their early 40's with 2 young children. They purchased a bunch of acreage on a lake with a small river running through it with plans to create a self-sufficient homestead and have been preparing for this for quite some time. Needless to say they are very excited and I am excited for them.

I haven't seen the property yet but this weekend I am supposed to go with him to haul in his band saw mill, set it up and show him how to run it so I will get a peek at it then. I don't know if it is because of the pandemic or what, but over the last couple of years I am seeing more folks moving to a simpler life and leaving the cities behind. it's pretty good timing for some, my friends had purchased this property in 2019 and made a killing selling their home and cottage during the pandemic, it was actually a driving factor in them making this move a year or so earlier than planned.
    This is very cool and what a great story. Very smart, too. With agriculture and animals, it will help on their taxes.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I gave up my US citizen and moved back to the Philippines.

I plan to illegally return to America via Mexico so I can get all the FREE $HIT.

And if you White People do not support my retirement, you fukkers are racist.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Yes, there are many strategies where whole life insurance can benefit estates and businesses and high net worths.

This is very cool and what a great story. Very smart, too. With agriculture and animals, it will help on their taxes.

Not sure in the US but here if you own a business and property it occupies you can create a holding company to move surplus cash out of your business (and move shares of a retiring family member with it {ie elderly parents..the former management regime}) You can transfer ownership of the property to the holdco as well. You can invest the money inside the holdco and not remove it (for future years), if by then you have sold the business (OPCO) the proceeds can remain inside the holdco. This way you can take any money out in smaller tax efficient amounts in your future lower income years. Since you are possibly into the rental business by this time you still have a going concern that can hold the money. This is way more tax efficient then selling out and cashing in and paying massive capital gains.

We are going thru this process right now.

However I am still going to be working for quite some time. All my retired neighbors sit around and burn cash, if there is money to be made I still want to do so as long as it is not stressfull.

Like the idea of the homestead, Its one of my things I would like try, especially the growing your own food part...maybe some chickens, but no goats....they scare the hell out of me.

Not sure in the US but here if you own a business and property it occupies you can create a holding company to move surplus cash out of your business (and move shares of a retiring family member with it {ie elderly parents..the former management regime}) You can transfer ownership of the property to the holdco as well. You can invest the money inside the holdco and not remove it (for future years), if by then you have sold the business (OPCO) the proceeds can remain inside the holdco. This way you can take any money out in smaller tax efficient amounts in your future lower income years. Since you are possibly into the rental business by this time you still have a going concern that can hold the money. This is way more tax efficient then selling out and cashing in and paying massive capital gains.

We are going thru this process right now.

However I am still going to be working for quite some time. All my retired neighbors sit around and burn cash, if there is money to be made I still want to do so as long as it is not stressfull.

Like the idea of the homestead, Its one of my things I would like try, especially the growing your own food part...maybe some chickens, but no goats....they scare the hell out of me.
    Very interesting. I will never retire probably. Too much to do

PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrisonWallet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm 43 and want to retire yesterday, but having a newborn and a toddler, will probably be working until 55 at minimum. Wife is 7 years younger, so she will work at least 7 years past the age I retire, unless she changes her mind. Mortgage will be paid off within 6 years and hopefully we'll be able to hammer everything possible into retirement investments to top up before retirement.

Great benefits with my job, though, may stick around until the kids have jobs with benefits of their own... Freedom 85, baby!

Originally Posted by PrisonWallet View Post
    I'm 43 and want to retire yesterday, but having a newborn and a toddler, will probably be working until 55 at minimum. Wife is 7 years younger, so she will work at least 7 years past the age I retire, unless she changes her mind. Mortgage will be paid off within 6 years and hopefully we'll be able to hammer everything possible into retirement investments to top up before retirement.

Great benefits with my job, though, may stick around until the kids have jobs with benefits of their own... Freedom 85, baby!
    Right on PW, sounds like you have a plan, good luck with your goals.