GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Skinny fat diet. Will this work?

Hello everyone! I decided to subscribe to this community since I recently started my journey aiamed at obaining a better and healthier body!
    I'm 31 and my weight is 86 kg (184cm tall). I'm a skinny guy, not very muscolar and with a lot of body fat localized in the belly/hips area (see attached photos).
    Genetics has a lot to do with it, but obviously I put my own too. I have always eaten a lot of carbohydrates and year after year the results have shown themselves.
    But I'm here to turn the tide by starting to remove this excess body fat from my body and putting up some muscles. I started with a calorie deficit diet (I will post down below what I tipically eat in a day). My plan is: once the excess fat will be removed from the abdomen (hopefully it won't take too long), I can gradually start a diet oriented towards gaining mass. A few weeks ago I started training in the gym again and I'll keep doing this at least 3 times a week.I'm aware that it's very hard to gain muscles on a deficit diet, but I think I should "clean" myself a little bit before thinking about bulking. What do you think about this?
    I created this diet by looking at the threads in the stickies, but being a newbie I might have done some mistakes so I would love to have your opinion about it. While I'm not a big fan of protein powders (mostly because of the flavor), I had to add some (whey and casein) to keep the protein level high without risking exceeding the daily calorie goal.
    I capped my daily calories at about 1700 kcal/day. This should be a safe 500 kcal deficit (based on my BMR and my 3 trainings a week my caloric needs should be 2200 kcal/day).

Attached you will find my pics and my diet. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Thanks a lot in advance!

postimgDOTcc/gallery/87JXdWv

EDIT: I know that I can't put links, but I get an "access denied" error when trying to upload an attachment.
    Last edited by GeneralDaimos; 06-18-2022 at 07:02 PM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think you’ll quickly find you burn more than 2200 a day… but in any case, it isn’t carbs specifically that causes anyone to have excess body fat… it’s excess total energy (usually in the form of fat AND carbs)… in fact it’s much easier to sneak in fat in the form of oils of prepared foods.

In any case, I think you might want to start closer to 2000 calories and see how that goes before launching into a severe deficit that you don’t really need.

Much of the change you’ll see in the early stages will come from adding muscle mass, in addition to the energy deficit.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralDaimos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I think you’ll quickly find you burn more than 2200 a day… but in any case, it isn’t carbs specifically that causes anyone to have excess body fat… it’s excess total energy (usually in the form of fat AND carbs)… in fact it’s much easier to sneak in fat in the form of oils of prepared foods.

In any case, I think you might want to start closer to 2000 calories and see how that goes before launching into a severe deficit that you don’t really need.

Much of the change you’ll see in the early stages will come from adding muscle mass, in addition to the energy deficit.
    Thanks for the quick reply Adam. I was thinking to try this calories intake for a couple weeks and check they weight loss. In case it's too much I can raise it. What do you think about it? Is the macro ratio good (44% pro, 29% carbo, 27% fat)?

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralDaimos View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Adam. I was thinking to try this calories intake for a couple weeks and check they weight loss. In case it's too much I can raise it. What do you think about it? Is the macro ratio good (44% pro, 29% carbo, 27% fat)?
    Read this:

Calculating Calories and Macros - How To

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ditch the ratios, they just overcomplicate it with no benefit. let's say at some point you need to raise your calories to 4000 (very unlikely but just to make a point here), according to a calculator you'll need to eat like 400 grams of protein

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    ditch the ratios, they just overcomplicate it with no benefit. let's say at some point you need to raise your calories to 4000 (very unlikely but just to make a point here), according to a calculator you'll need to eat like 400 grams of protein
    That makes sense! Of course that diet is an example. I have days eating 1900 kcal and a weekly cheat meal.
    Would it be ok to try this regime for a couple of weeks, calculating the weight loss, and in case reassess?
    Thank you guys!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That makes sense! Of course that diet is an example. I have days eating 1900 kcal and a weekly cheat meal.
    Would it be ok to try this regime for a couple of weeks, calculating the weight loss, and in case reassess?
    Thank you guys!
    the fats could be slightly higher and you don't need quite that much protein, but looks okay to me

"cheat meals" can be incorporated into your daily calories unless they're huge meals, in which case you're already undoing a lot of the work, right? like if you're in a 3500 calorie deficit every week, then you decide to do a 1000 calorie cheat meal on top of the regular meals you're eating, that's 1000 calories (2 days) of progress gone. i recommend fitting smaller treats (halo top for example) into your calories every now and then. maybe have sushi and eat at maintenance one day per week or something... just don't go crazy with the calories, you know?