iBeany is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question How can I maintain my leg size with a fractured sacrum?

Hi guys!

I’m new here, I didn’t really know where to turn for help.

I hurt my back last summer doing construction, and fast foward a year I found out today I have had a fractured sacrum this whole time.

My parents are freaking out and they won’t let me go to the gym for the next couple weeks. Atleast until I see an orthopedic.

I can do pullups and pushups to maintain my upper body in the time being. However, I’m at a loss as to how to maintain my legs. I usually do sets of 6-8, so I’m sorried body weight squats and lunges will not be enough.

Does anybody have any ideas for home leg days? And also good leg workouts in general that dont involve bending at the waist?

I’ve been lifting for a year, I’m naturally thin, and I don’t want to lose the weight Ive worked so hard to put on.

Thanks everybody!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pistol squats and nordic curls

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Push-ups if you can

Upper body stiff will help maintain overall muscle mass

Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A fractured sacrum is vague without seeing an x-ray. If walking around, going up stairs, getting out of bed, body squats don't bother you then there is no reason you cannot add weights to these movements. That is exactly what rehab is all about...especially if you've already been working without knowing the fracture was there. Go see a physio for 1 treatment and get them to clear you with an exercise program they can give you. Avoid prolonged positions and movements that cause pain, try to avoid anti-inflammatories as they are shown to slow healing, no reason to go to failure or do very high volume if all you need is to maintain your current mass. Potentially wearing an SI belt may provide relief if you find some days are more symptomatic after a workout/workday. Also, do not lower your protein intake as the body is needing those proteins to repair the bone as fast as possible. If you tolerate dairy, start slamming some milk for the calcium. Good luck.
    =[][][]=== B I G xxx P O P P A xxx P U M P ===[][][]=

If The Bar Aint Bendin, Your Just Pretendin