thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Please help me this sucksss

so i've been working out for roughly 1 year and 4 months, i have seen SOME changes but after that NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, WHYY???
    my height is between 6'1 and 6'2 or probably 6'1.5 or smth, weight is 84kg and my bf is probably 14-17% , im literally tired of this, working out and zero results, i take in enough protein, i also started taking creatine a week ago, i am consistenly working out( once i took a break for a month or a month and a half during exams) but still i dont see any frikin changes , i sleep 5 hours a day or sometimes 4 hours ( i know its bad but atleast i should see some changes???) , do i even continue with these 4-5 hours of sleep (im in grade 12 so thats all i can get) , or these 4-5 hours of sleep are just useless so theres no point in working out since my only goal is to build muscle, please help me with something if possible...

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Are you still regularly increasing the weights you use? Or adding more reps to sets with the same weight?

Forcing overload is extremely important.

Another point might be that at 84kg you might have more fat than you think. Even if you stayed the same weight since you started, you could have gone from 25% to 17% and not really noticed much difference. You won't look lean until you reach more like 12-14%

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As SP mentioned above, it all comes down to consistent progressive overload. Progressive overload coupled with proper nutrition is the the driver for physique changes. You should be getting stronger and either able to add more reps, or more weight to the bar on a somewhat consistent basis. If you're program hopping, or exercise hopping, or rep scheme hopping and/or not tracking your lifts carefully (weight and reps) then how would you expect to know if you're achieving progressive overload or not?

What do your lifts look like now compared with 6 months ago? If you're not sufficiently stronger then you definitely have an issue with either your programming, your effort, your form, or your nutrition (or some combination of any of these things).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50) thisistoanoyin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Are you still regularly increasing the weights you use? Or adding more reps to sets with the same weight?

Forcing overload is extremely important.

Another point might be that at 84kg you might have more fat than you think. Even if you stayed the same weight since you started, you could have gone from 25% to 17% and not really noticed much difference. You won't look lean until you reach more like 12-14%
    i have been at this bf% for like 10 months or probably longer.. yes i have been trying to increase my weights lately (2 months ago) because i couldnt increase it earlier since i did home workouts with the same pair of dumbells , alright i hope by increasing the weights now ill gain muscle , i know i did wrong but i just couldnt accept that i had wasted all these months with the same pair of dumbells

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    As SP mentioned above, it all comes down to consistent progressive overload. Progressive overload coupled with proper nutrition is the the driver for physique changes. You should be getting stronger and either able to add more reps, or more weight to the bar on a somewhat consistent basis. If you're program hopping, or exercise hopping, or rep scheme hopping and/or not tracking your lifts carefully (weight and reps) then how would you expect to know if you're achieving progressive overload or not?

What do your lifts look like now compared with 6 months ago? If you're not sufficiently stronger then you definitely have an issue with either your programming, your effort, your form, or your nutrition (or some combination of any of these things).
    yes i am getting stronger with the increased weights, thanks for the motivation guys , i was pretty sure it was my progressive overload, i think i might have "plateaued" before.

yes i am getting stronger with the increased weights, thanks for the motivation guys , i was pretty sure it was my progressive overload, i think i might have "plateaued" before.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thisistoanoyin View Post
    i have been at this bf% for like 10 months or probably longer..
    Hold on, whoa, stop right there....

Your bodyfat isn't going to change unless you're in a caloric deficit and actively trying to lose fat. So if these changes you're seeking are related to bodyfat, then the question becomes "what is your current rate of weight loss per week"? If you're not losing weight, you're not going to lose bodyfat.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Hold on, whoa, stop right there....

Your bodyfat isn't going to change unless you're in a caloric deficit and actively trying to lose fat. So if these changes you're seeking are related to bodyfat, then the question becomes "what is your current rate of weight loss per week"? If you're not losing weight, you're not going to lose bodyfat.
    no im trying to gain muscle not lose weight, i dont look much into my fat% now it isnt moving up and down too much

Originally Posted by Volumeburner View Post
    You're not eating enough – one of the main causes of not being able to build muscle is not eating enough and more importantly, not eating enough of the right food. Everyone bangs on about the importance of protein, but carbs and fats are just as important when it comes to growing muscle.
    i do eat a good amount of carbs and fats too, like rice or bread, i fry my eggs after a workout and from many other sources so im pretty sure i dont have a problem with my food

residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) residesinAZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you tried selling more cars? Sometimes that can help you break a plateau.

no im trying to gain muscle not lose weight, i dont look much into my fat% now it isnt moving up and down too much
    Ok, I misread your comment then.

Also, if you were working out with a single pair of dumbbells then that likely held you back during that time and impeded your progress. Having a full set of dumbbells (or 1 set of adjustable dumbbells) is generally a requirement for progressive overload in order to make progress.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    4-5 hours of sleep a night isn't enough especially if it's closer to 4. Find a way to be in bed for at least 6 so you actually sleep 5+.

bottomgrowth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    4-5 hours of sleep a night isn't enough especially if it's closer to 4. Find a way to be in bed for at least 6 so you actually sleep 5+.
    I totally agree with this comment, I really benefited when I put my sleep in order.

MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100) MichaelFunk is not very well liked. (-100)
    I understand this pain(

RamonHolder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bottomgrowth View Post
    I totally agree with this comment, I really benefited when I put my sleep in order.
    People don't always understand how much not getting enough sleep can mess you up, but it really can. Sleep is important to so many aspects of life.

LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftNutz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive been working out for 1 year 4 months and seen no results, im literally working out and taking protein and creatine, but nothing happens, do i continue with 4-5 hours of sleep???
    There are a few things that could be going wrong.

First, are you working out correctly? Are you using progressive overload? This means making sure that each workout you are doing more reps, more sets, or more weight than you were previously doing. If you are not doing this, then you will not see results.

Second, are you eating enough food? In order to gain muscle, you need to be in a calorie surplus. This means that you are eating more calories than you are burning. If you are not eating enough food, then you will not see results.

Third, are you getting enough sleep? Sleep is very important for muscle growth. If you are not getting enough sleep, then you will not see results.

Fourth, are you taking any supplements? If you are not taking any supplements, then you will not see results.

If you are doing all of these things and you are still not seeing results, then it is possible that you have a medical condition that is preventing gains. Hope that helps, peace!
    "I'm not here to talk, I'm here to lift."