Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hack squats vs bb squats

Due to lower back injury I'm not able to do bb squats so today for the first time I did hack squats and felt amazing quad activation, I know squats are king of lower body along with dl which I do(sumo style)but I can't do them,so is it worth it making it primary quad exercise or is it waste of time?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Darkseidd21 View Post
    Due to lower back injury I'm not able to do bb squats so today for the first time I did hack squats and felt amazing quad activation, I know squats are king of lower body along with dl which I do(sumo style)but I can't do them,so is it worth it making it primary quad exercise or is it waste of time?
    Isn't the bolded pretty much the answer to your Q for you personally if you do squats for quad activation?

Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Darkseidd21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Isn't the bolded pretty much the answer to your Q for you personally if you do squats for quad activation?
    my point was are hack squats good alternative to bb squats? I'm not saying replacement because I know nothing can replace barbell squats I'm asking are they good alternative?

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hacks are probably superior for quad development to be honest.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Hacks are probably superior for quad development to be honest.
    thanks! Neglected lower body for so long cause I was kinda scared cause of the lower back that's why I don't know where to start cause I'm limited when it comes to legs

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks! Neglected lower body for so long cause I was kinda scared cause of the lower back that's why I don't know where to start cause I'm limited when it comes to legs

Leg press, hacks, leg ext, leg curls, calf work…youll be fine.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your back still has the job of helping keep your core rigged, just not to the same extent.

But if your a good morning BB squatter then the hack squat will probably be a better option for quad development anyway.

Best of luck!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Leg press, hacks, leg ext, leg curls, calf work…youll be fine.
    thanks I do those but no leg press last time I got horrible sciatica for 3 weeks because of that

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Your back still has the job of helping keep your core rigged, just not to the same extent.

But if your a good morning BB squatter then the hack squat will probably be a better option for quad development anyway.

Best of luck!
    thanks I'm good morning squatter and I'm glad I found some positive feedback about hack squats cause I can't do b squats and that pisses me off

LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LDARidonot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had the same experience with hack squats. The best quad activation. Do them for quads. When you're done bringing up your quads, go back to bb to resume a more balanced hamstring/glute/quad focus. Or do them both but don't injure yourself further.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A hack squat is way more biased to quads.

Whether that is better/worse than a bb squat. Is up to you to decide. I don't personally squat just for quads.

But injured? Its a no brainer.

Id recommend a pendulum squat to rotate with the hack to avoid over use.

Or ideally.. A belt squat - superior in every way to the rest.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I discovered barbell hack squats, aside from front squats I never really did any other kind. Aside from split or especially sissy squats, I never connected with my quads as well on any other exercise. Safe to fail on, easier on the spine, love the hack squats.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hack squats and smith machine squats are a great way to train quads if injured. Should always use a weight training belt for lower body exercises to prevent lower back trauma. Free weights are always superior to machines for training as they recruit more muscle fiber while machines take away work from the same muscle groups.