Str2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hopeless Person needing advise

Hello,

I have 0 knowledge on anything fitness and staying healthy related. I cannot afford to have a personal trainer so I am looking to forums to see if anyone would give me honest and helpful advise and understand my situation/limitations. I will tell you a bit about myself, my goal, and what I am currently doing and please let me know if the the steps I am taking will work or if I need to adjust it and if so, how?

Myself: I am a 32 male that is 5'10 or 5'11 and weigh about 135 pounds. I have a belly and extremely out of shape, I work at a desk 10-12 hrs a day and I dont go out (if I do its by driving), I sat around all day for many many years. I am not rich or financially wealthy to buy those weekly prepared meals or have a personal trainer or all the equipment. I would not want to go to a gym as I have severe anxiety so would prefer to do them at home.

Goal:
    I would like to have a nice looking body with abs, be able to run a marathon, and maybe practice some amateur jujitsu (do not need advise on this as its far away). I am not looking for a giant bodybuilding body, looking to be very fit at like 150-160 pounds?

Steps:
    I live a very structured and routine life and rarely deviate from it. a day in my life currently looks like this.
    6:30am - Drink 400ml weight Mutant Mass Extreme Gainer Whey Protein Shake (1 scoop powder, milk, and half a banana blended together)
    11:00am - a granola bar
    2:00pm - some rice with chickens thigh chopped into small bits (this is a small portion because I have a hard time eating)
    6:00pm - some trail mix
    7:00pm - Drink 400ml weight Mutant Mass Extreme Gainer Whey Protein Shake (2 scoop powder, milk, and half a banana and a strawberry blended together)
    8:30pm - a 25-30min walk/powerwalk/jog on my treadmill. I use iFit membership but do the beginner workouts (mainly repeat 1 or 2 of them each time), I feel like my legs are gonna break near the end but I am trying not to pause and do the whole workout without stepping off which I have been able to do but barely.
    9:30pm - I do 10 reps of curls with a 8kg barbell, 10 pushups, 10 crunch's and take a 30second to 1 min break and repeat for 3 sets total. I am extremely tired after this.
    10:00pm - I eat dinner which is bigger than my lunch (2pm) but not that much.
    11:00pm - eat a peanut butter and jam sandwich
    Weekends are pretty much the same with slightly different timing.
    I drink 2 litres of water everyday. (bought a 2 litre water bottle to make sure).
    My lunch and dinner will be hard to change much based on my life and situation as i cannot afford much at the moment but I understand that does play a factor.

Questions:
    1. I started this routine late May, do you think I will see results if I continue this even if its not the most efficient? Do you think I could achieve my goals by next year if I continue this routine?
    2. Is there anything I am doing wrong? I know my form for my exercise is not the best but that is something I am trying to work on.
    3. I don't really do warmups because the warmups actually tire me out but is there any basic warmups that I should do before the treadmill and before the reps/sets I am doing?
    4. nutrition is something I have a hard time grasping such as trans fat, saturated fat, protein, carbs, calories, etc... I try to google some things but get conflicting answers because they are not specific to my situation. For example is whole wheat bread good for gaining weight or is that for dieting? Do I buy unsalted or salted nuts and so on. I don't expect anyone to give me a full list of what I should eat to gain weight but some basic guidelines would be appreciated.
    5. I need to gain weight and also get in shape, my concern is all my weight gaining is being offset by the workouts so I may not gain weight as fast and thats fine if I get in shape but do not get to my weight goal as fast. I just want to make sure I am not doing something majorly wrong here. I am guessing that as I keep working out, my body will want more food so my food intake will increase over time?

I understand I may be a lost cause but if anyone is kind enough to read this and just give me some pointer, advise, tips, or honest feedback (I am okay with constructive criticism) because I really need to know if I am wasting my time with my routine or if it will yield some results I am hoping for. Also, I have gained about 1 pound a week since starting this routine but don't expect my weight to keep going up forever until I increase my food intake.

If I am posting in the wrong place, I apologize. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read the stickies at the top of the forum. Your answers are there and written by knowledgeable people. After you have read those you'll also be knowledgeable. Come back with any questions
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Str2010 View Post
    Hello,

I have 0 knowledge on anything fitness and staying healthy related. I cannot afford to have a personal trainer so I am looking to forums to see if anyone would give me honest and helpful advise and understand my situation/limitations. I will tell you a bit about myself, my goal, and what I am currently doing and please let me know if the the steps I am taking will work or if I need to adjust it and if so, how?

Myself: I am a 32 male that is 5'10 or 5'11 and weigh about 135 pounds. I have a belly and extremely out of shape, I work at a desk 10-12 hrs a day and I dont go out (if I do its by driving), I sat around all day for many many years. I am not rich or financially wealthy to buy those weekly prepared meals or have a personal trainer or all the equipment. I would not want to go to a gym as I have severe anxiety so would prefer to do them at home.

Goal:
    I would like to have a nice looking body with abs, be able to run a marathon, and maybe practice some amateur jujitsu (do not need advise on this as its far away). I am not looking for a giant bodybuilding body, looking to be very fit at like 150-160 pounds?

Steps:
    I live a very structured and routine life and rarely deviate from it. a day in my life currently looks like this.
    6:30am - Drink 400ml weight Mutant Mass Extreme Gainer Whey Protein Shake (1 scoop powder, milk, and half a banana blended together)
    11:00am - a granola bar
    2:00pm - some rice with chickens thigh chopped into small bits (this is a small portion because I have a hard time eating)
    6:00pm - some trail mix
    7:00pm - Drink 400ml weight Mutant Mass Extreme Gainer Whey Protein Shake (2 scoop powder, milk, and half a banana and a strawberry blended together)
    8:30pm - a 25-30min walk/powerwalk/jog on my treadmill. I use iFit membership but do the beginner workouts (mainly repeat 1 or 2 of them each time), I feel like my legs are gonna break near the end but I am trying not to pause and do the whole workout without stepping off which I have been able to do but barely.
    9:30pm - I do 10 reps of curls with a 8kg barbell, 10 pushups, 10 crunch's and take a 30second to 1 min break and repeat for 3 sets total. I am extremely tired after this.
    10:00pm - I eat dinner which is bigger than my lunch (2pm) but not that much.
    11:00pm - eat a peanut butter and jam sandwich
    Weekends are pretty much the same with slightly different timing.
    I drink 2 litres of water everyday. (bought a 2 litre water bottle to make sure).
    My lunch and dinner will be hard to change much based on my life and situation as i cannot afford much at the moment but I understand that does play a factor.

Questions:
    1. I started this routine late May, do you think I will see results if I continue this even if its not the most efficient? Do you think I could achieve my goals by next year if I continue this routine?
    2. Is there anything I am doing wrong? I know my form for my exercise is not the best but that is something I am trying to work on.
    3. I don't really do warmups because the warmups actually tire me out but is there any basic warmups that I should do before the treadmill and before the reps/sets I am doing?
    4. nutrition is something I have a hard time grasping such as trans fat, saturated fat, protein, carbs, calories, etc... I try to google some things but get conflicting answers because they are not specific to my situation. For example is whole wheat bread good for gaining weight or is that for dieting? Do I buy unsalted or salted nuts and so on. I don't expect anyone to give me a full list of what I should eat to gain weight but some basic guidelines would be appreciated.
    5. I need to gain weight and also get in shape, my concern is all my weight gaining is being offset by the workouts so I may not gain weight as fast and thats fine if I get in shape but do not get to my weight goal as fast. I just want to make sure I am not doing something majorly wrong here. I am guessing that as I keep working out, my body will want more food so my food intake will increase over time?

I understand I may be a lost cause but if anyone is kind enough to read this and just give me some pointer, advise, tips, or honest feedback (I am okay with constructive criticism) because I really need to know if I am wasting my time with my routine or if it will yield some results I am hoping for. Also, I have gained about 1 pound a week since starting this routine but don't expect my weight to keep going up forever until I increase my food intake.

If I am posting in the wrong place, I apologize. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Given your goals

1- drop the mass gain shake, completely I’ll advised given both your goals and your training
    2- immediately begin calorie counting/tracking food intake using myfitnesspal and a TDEE calculator (free online)
    3- get a gym membership or buy whatever you need for an effective home gym. Well worth the investment. Start on a beginner routine *again you can find these free online, here at bb.com or on YouTube.
    4- begin studying basics of fitness including the FITT principle (Google that, read, watch on YouTube)
    5- start jogging 3 days a week, try for 20 min non stop and gradually increase your speed and distance and time.
    6- between diet, jogging, a full body beginner lifters plan…you’ll be on the path to success.

Willing to help you free, I’m on Twitter as well. The main thing is taking the time to learn about cal tracking, healthy nutrition and basics of the FITT principle. Then apply it!
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Str2010 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you both Tommy and Coach Calande! I will review the stickies as well as the items you listed Calande and do my best to adjust.

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Progressive overload will help build muscle, you’ll see results if you work out and eat sensible