Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is funny about this is that no one ever seems to like a president, so all we read is complaints about him.

Who was the last president that you actually liked?
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post

Washington.
    “It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'Try to be a little kinder.”
    ― Aldous Huxley

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So if Biden is the Dem candidate in ‘24 will any of you vote for him again?

(He says he’s running however that’s hard to imagine)
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is funny about this is that no one ever seems to like a president, so all we read is complaints about him.

You raise a good point ben,

I think there are good and bad points to every President in history, some more good, some more bad. Unfortunately a lot of people have segregated themselves in left and right. No matter what is done by a given president, unless they are from their preferred side they will ignore it and or play down any good by that President.

I am not saying this is everyone, some can see both sides but there are some that cannot see it despite it being obvious. You don't have to go too far down this thread to find examples of this.

Points elbow at Tater Tot
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Social distancing expert

Livin the Dream

Retired at 40 Crew

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post

Assuming my state isn’t really in play I will vote Libertarian again. If it is close and it’s Biden vs. Trump, I will still vote Libertarian. If not Trump I would consider other Republican nominees that are willing to admit Trump lost, and if the Democrats returned to where they were in the 90’s I would even consider that.
    “It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'Try to be a little kinder.”
    ― Aldous Huxley

LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The president has limited power when the house and senate are divided, this is what you need to strive for.

I actually liked Trump.

For bustin, if any party is a threat to 22 amendment it’s the Democrats, look up Jose Serrano and his history to petition the 22nd.

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That would depend on who Biden runs against.
    Mark

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Assuming my state isn’t really in play I will vote Libertarian again. If it is close and it’s Biden vs. Trump, I will still vote Libertarian. If not Trump I would consider other Republican nominees that are willing to admit Trump lost, and if the Democrats returned to where they were in the 90’s I would even consider that.
    my guess is DeSantis will be the nominee and I don’t know who the Dems have that would be viable.

LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You want want more war and inflation.

The correct answer is, it depends on what party is in the house and senate. If the dems control both and you vote libertarian, than you hand over your country to the grim reaper.

Wake up brah!

We all know JT will hand it over!

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    The president has limited power when the house and senate are divided, this is what you need to strive for.
    No it isn’t. Having an ineffective government is still expensive and does not alleviate the existing mass of regulation. Gridlock used to be a feature, and not a bug, of our government that our politicians worked with. And now that compromise is dead the President has even more power. We are stuck in a cycle of each party gaining power short-term and ramming through everything they can through executive order before the pendulum swings back.
    ― Aldous Huxley

my guess is DeSantis will be the nominee and I don’t know who the Dems have that would be viable.

DeSantis is at least an improvement over 45, since he doesn’t engage in daily childlike twitter meltdowns, but I really wish the GOP would pick someone who didn’t engage in gratuitous culture war trolling at all.

I think Biden will run again and could beat Trump but would lose to just about anyone else. People really forget what a poor campaigner Biden is. He's run for president like what, 3 times now? And the first two times he crashed and burned hardcore in the primaries. The only reason he's here today is a series of lucky events - getting picked as Obama's VP due to the fact he knew how the Senate works and had tons of connections, and favors owed to him. All things Obama lacked and desperately needed. Then running against Trump in 2020 in the middle of a recession and pandemic. In 2024 he will actually have to run a normal campaign and that's when we are going to really see his warts.

If he’s not the nominee I’d bet the administration endorses Amy Klobuchar as it’s standard-bearer or maybe starts grooming Buttigieg for it in-house.
    ― Aldous Huxley

No it isn’t. Having an ineffective government is still expensive and does not alleviate the existing mass of regulation. Gridlock used to be a feature, and not a bug, of our government that our politicians worked with. And now that compromise is dead the President has even more power. We are stuck in a cycle of each party gaining power short-term and ramming through everything they can through executive order before the pendulum swings back.
    Whether you care to admit it or not, there was a reason why the Trump presidency was the best time in our country.

It was because the house and senate was split, had Trump won again the dems would still be in more control, but not fully.

This is why numbnutz Bustin is wrong, it didn’t matter in his state he says but this is why people shouldn’t just go vote off the hook on thier paranoia.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This is impossible to answer given we don't know what will happen from now to October of 2024.
    What they say here in DC if you are neutral is...."1 month in politics is a lifetime"
    cliffs: anything can happen(good or bad)

Tommy W will my Sf Giants, GS Warriors, and SF49ers win the championship?
    They are all trying, but it is hard to imagine now.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

You want want more war and inflation.

The correct answer is, it depends on what party is in the house and senate. If the dems control both and you vote libertarian, than you hand over your country to the grim reaper.

Wake up brah!

We all know JT will hand it over!
    Considering my state has gone Democratic in the presidential election one time in the last 50 years my vote isn’t going to matter. Might as well vote my conscious.
    Choosing to vote libertarian is a long term investment. The more votes we get the harder it is to ignore libertarian or libertarian leaning views and write off individualism in general as dead.
    ― Aldous Huxley

Whether you care to admit it or not, there was a reason why the Trump presidency was the best time in our country.

It was because the house and senate was split, had Trump won again the dems would still be in more control, but not fully.

This is why numbnutz Bustin is wrong, it didn’t matter in his state he says but this is why people shouldn’t just go vote off the hook on thier paranoia.
    You really have no idea what you are talking about.
    ― Aldous Huxley

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    You raise a good point ben,

I think there are good and bad points to every President in history, some more good, some more bad. Unfortunately a lot of people have segregated themselves in left and right. No matter what is done by a given president, unless they are from their preferred side they will ignore it and or play down any good by that President.

I am not saying this is everyone, some can see both sides but there are some that cannot see it despite it being obvious. You don't have to go too far down this thread to find examples of this.

Points elbow at Tater Tot
    Oh i see it and read it, then people insert things that were never said(they assume chit) by you, because they think you feel that way politically.

Are you new here, lmao

Are you new here, lmao
    I know. Generally I engage with LWW after a few double IPA’s. I’m finding it to be more difficult this early in the day.
    ― Aldous Huxley

That’s all you got?

1970s dems controlled house and senate plus Carter = disaster.

1980s the house and senate were split = the Regean years = good decade.

1990s = well you the swamp but the republicans took both house and senate but Clinton was pres. = not too bad.

Trump was the black sheep = best times and house and senate split.

If TRump won 2020 Dems would still have house or senate OR both= 22 amendment not under fire.

You guys suck!!!

That’s all you got?

1970s dems controlled house and senate plus Carter = disaster.

1980s the house and senate were split = the Regean years = good decade.

1990s = well you the swamp but the republicans took both house and senate but Clinton was pres. = not too bad.

Trump was the black sheep = best times and house and senate split.
    The relationship between Reagan and Tip O'Neill, the Speaker of the House at the time, is often held up as a model for how divided government can be effective. But in politics today there is little incentive for the party not in power to work with the majority. The last 30 years has shown them that gridlock and opposition rhetoric can do wonders for winning elections. The voters themselves, don't seem to really care that much if the parties don't work together. Hell, quite the opposite in fact. Clinton's bi-partisanship was seen as her "basically Republican-lite" and Republican party derogatorily calls those who are willing to compromise RINOs.

As long as congressional democrats and republicans put party ahead of policy, there will be no end to the gridlock.
    ― Aldous Huxley

The relationship between Reagan and Tip O'Neill, the Speaker of the House at the time, is often held up as a model for how divided government can be effective. But in politics today there is little incentive for the party not in power to work with the majority. The last 30 years has shown them that gridlock and opposition rhetoric can do wonders for winning elections. The voters themselves, don't seem to really care that much if the parties don't work together. Hell, quite the opposite in fact. Clinton's bi-partisanship was seen as her "basically Republican-lite" and Republican party derogatorily calls those who are willing to compromise RINOs.

As long as congressional democrats and republicans put party ahead of policy, there will be no end to the gridlock.

You forgot to mention how a black sheep like Trump (might as well say he was libertarian) showed how effective a slit congress can be.

Unfortunately the democrats have done so much damage we are going to need a majority conservative congress for 4 years and we have to be careful to not just go with R next to the names, Romney and Cheney are two examples to steer clear of.

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    It's sad that anyone's life was lost that day.

It was a riot, not a protest. She was not the only one that bled that day.

Give it a rest, you make it sound like she was out for a sunday stroll, she was with a violent group that was beating down the barricaded doors, she tried to gain access through a window and was shot.

Storm the Capitol and chances are you may get shot.. It's called play stupid games expect a stupid prize.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/capito...eo-99180613572

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMpTHLJXbw
    Looking at the YouTube video you posted it should be clear to anyone of sane mind that the rioters at those doors had no intentions of peacefully getting through those doors nor were they intending to just take selfies if they gained access. They were violent, as evidenced by the guy who yells "bust it down". That they had no guns is irrelevant.
    Mark

You forgot to mention how a black sheep like Trump (might as well say he was libertarian) showed how effective a slit congress can be.

Which part was libertarian? The closed borders? The tariffs? The umpteen EOs? The first lockdown order? I don’t think Trump is a libertarian in any regard, in fact I believe Trump is too uneducated, incurious and inconstant to be much of anything on purpose. But I suppose he passes the extremely low bar of most libertarian President since Coolidge.

Unfortunately the democrats have done so much damage we are going to need a majority conservative congress for 4 years and we have to be careful to not just go with R next to the names, Romney and Cheney are two examples to steer clear of.

A bunch of senile boomers who refuse to retire... It's gonna be a sh*t show know matter who is there. I wouldn't trust them to handle a remote control, yet they run the country. Vote third party. F*ck the duopoly. Its time has passed. Years ago.

And of course the third party candidates will probably be the most civil, reasonable, decent... and they will maybe get 5% of the vote combined. 2024 is going to be a fuster cluck of GOP wingnuts clamoring to become the new Trump and bumbling DNC bureaucrats desperately trying to downplay Biden's failures. Can’t wait.
    ― Aldous Huxley

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Conveniently cuts out the part where Maddow says Proud Boys had a prior plan, weren't spontaneously incited by a rally, but needed a mob. "(Proud Boys) took the opportunity of that rally happening to get themselves down to a totally undefended Mall and get through those first barricades so that the mob could follow them when Trump told them to."

Clearly wasn't defending Trump's speech.
    There's more? Well, you'd know, that's for sure. She's talking from your temple. Either way, nothing to do with President Trump, unless you're a conspiracy theorist. LOL!
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

Which part was libertarian? The closed borders? The tariffs? The umpteen EOs? The first lockdown order?
    Trump was against lockdowns, he specifically stated lockdowns would be worse than the virus.

All democrat states locked down and I would say MD is run by a closet dem.

You dont think libertarian wouldn’t of locked down or had mask mandates, most libertarians I’ve seen were scared ****less in March 2019. They stopped going to gyms etc etc.

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trump post. I love how he refuses to back down from the Marxists:

“The Unselect Committee didn’t spend one minute studying the reason that people went to Washington DC, in massive numbers, far greater than the Fake News Media is willing to report, or that the Unselects are willing to even mention, because January 6th was not simply a protest, it represented the greatest movement in the history of our Country to Make America Great Again. It was about an Election that was Rigged and Stolen, and a Country that was about to go to HELL…& look at our Country now!”

And, oh...by the way...in a follow-up post, Trump also bashed Nancy Pelosi and Mayor Bowser for turning down his offer of 20,000 National Guard Troops to help control the massive crowds. Won't hear that discussed in the prime time kangaroo court.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lefties in here losing their minds over an unescorted, impromptu tour of the Capitol building, lol
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

Which part was libertarian? The closed borders? The tariffs? The umpteen EOs? The first lockdown order? I don’t think Trump is a libertarian in any regard, in fact I believe Trump is too uneducated, incurious and inconstant to be much of anything on purpose. But I suppose he passes the extremely low bar of most libertarian President since Coolidge.

A bunch of senile boomers who refuse to retire... It's gonna be a sh*t show know matter who is there. I wouldn't trust them to handle a remote control, yet they run the country. Vote third party. F*ck the duopoly. Its time has passed. Years ago.

And of course the third party candidates will probably be the most civil, reasonable, decent... and they will maybe get 5% of the vote combined. 2024 is going to be a fuster cluck of GOP wingnuts clamoring to become the new Trump and bumbling DNC bureaucrats desperately trying to downplay Biden's failures. Can’t wait.
    I'd take the way the country was from'16-'20 when the mean tweeting GOP "wingnut" was in office compared to what we have now.

Originally Posted by PlanoLifter View Post
    Looking at the YouTube video you posted it should be clear to anyone of sane mind that the rioters at those doors had no intentions of peacefully getting through those doors nor were they intending to just take selfies if they gained access. They were violent, as evidenced by the guy who yells "bust it down". That they had no guns is irrelevant.

Why didn’t they shoot the guy who yelled bust it down? Busting a window is not a death sentence. Did you see the police in helmets and assault rifles swoop in? Guess not, I must be sane then.

I bet you felt the guy rittenhouse shot didn’t deserve to die...........

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post

“The Unselect Committee didn’t spend one minute studying the reason that people went to Washington DC, in massive numbers, far greater than the Fake News Media is willing to report, or that the Unselects are willing to even mention, because January 6th was not simply a protest, it represented the greatest movement in the history of our Country to Make America Great Again. It was about an Election that was Rigged and Stolen, and a Country that was about to go to HELL…& look at our Country now!”
    The bold is interesting.

He thinks the Stop the Steal movement is greater than the Civil Rights movement, the abolitionist movement, the women's suffrage movement, the women's lib movement, among a host of others.

Of course, the main difference here is that none of those movements center around Donald Trump himself, which i assume is his his main criteria.
    ― Aldous Huxley