StarJumpMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Only lift 60mins max per day? So WHY do pros lift 2-3hrs per day????

We're told we shouldn't lift more than 45-60 mins per day, anything more than that is a waste of time. If that's the case why did pros like Schwarzenegger and even movie stars like Stallone or even Hugh Jackman train 2-3 hrs per day and throw in martial arts etc on top??

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Citation, please.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Citation, please.
    I mean, that is pretty-decidedly a "broism," even if citation is still warranted.

The obvious answer to OP's question is a word that rhymes with Rugs and starts with a D.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StarJumpMan View Post
    We're told we shouldn't lift more than 45-60 mins per day, anything more than that is a waste of time. If that's the case why did pros like Schwarzenegger and even movie stars like Stallone or even Hugh Jackman train 2-3 hrs per day and throw in martial arts etc on top??

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I mean, that is pretty-decidedly a "broism," even if citation is still warranted.

The obvious answer to OP's question is a word that rhymes with Rugs and starts with a D.

dual-cable-shrugs?
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's a myth probably originally based on some half assed theory regarding rises in cortisol levels rising after 45 mins - and cortisol being catabolic. It is - but all exercise is catabolic, it's supposed to be and cortisol is not your enemy, it's a key part of how your endocrine system works. You grow after training, not during.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok, I may say something here. Not a pro, but used to actually train. Pro sportsmen train multiple times a day. I am not talking bodybuilders who train posing and sheat, but actual performing athletes. The lifting part usually is about an hour. Say, you are javelin, shotput or whatnot, those are “technical” training, done before lifting, and it be another hour. Before that would be a “warm up”, with special exercises, which usually takes about 40 minutes. Every coach has his own tricks and structure to the training, but you get the idea.

Now, if we are talking bodybuilding, I wonder if anybody actually tried, not said that he did, to cover all major muscle groups twice a week, and also find time to hit smaller muscle groups, and cram it all into 6 hours a week? I know this is not possible. You need another training session, outside of your normal training schedule. You don’t need to be on rugs, or watch asteroids with your telescope, or ride bicycles. Greek gods didn’t do drugs. All you need is passion for what you are doing.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The fact is, it’s pretty easy to do 12 sets for 1 body part in 45 minutes. I easily get 12 sets chest and 12 back in about that time. Add another 30 min for 16 sets of shoulders/traps and I trained for a whopping 75 min. Now, add in tinkering with phone, music, making videos…that creeps up to 90 min or more pretty fast. Imagine then adding calves, abs, posing too?

Most folks spending 2-3 hours in the gym are socializing, resting a long time, or maybe spending a lot of time staring at themselves in the mirror or watching the ladies on the stair master. I had my share of years telling people “I train 2 hours 6 days a week” - fact is, now, at age 55, I could train circles around that guy.

For the pros, a guy like Jay Cutler, might be doing 20-40 sets for his chest or back, posing a lot, and then doing another 15-20 sets for arms. Two hours goes by fast. One thing Cutler emphasized, he trained two days on, very high volume, then took a day to rest.

Many of the golden era guys like Arnold used pyramid training. So it was common to say “I do five sets” but it was really 7-8 sets for those compound movements. 15-12-10-8-6-6-6 for example and they’d do 4-5 exercises like that. And again, doing 30 min calves and 30 min abs, posing…that ads time.

The bottom line is this, 3 min in the gym per set is about right for most. I try to pack two sets in that time by alternating a push with a pull wherever I can. (Chest/back, bis/tris for example )

If you need help designing a plan to be out of the gym in 30, 45, 60, 75, 90 min..just ask. I’ll help.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's technically required for hypertrophy isn't necessarily what's most beneficial for hypertrophy done by itself. 8-12 sets per week at a certain intensity, dialed in right to both enhance your movement and provoke mps to add more muscle, is only a precise application of training that gives a commonly agreeable balance of hypertrophy and strength development. Adapting your muscles to any given trial is going to have an effect, to which Arnold talks about in interviews. Pyramids, 50-rep sets, extensive engagement through repeated sets, extensive range of motion, etc.. when done in progression can all be done in conjunction to 8-12 sets @83% 1rm on your big 3 lifts, for example (for exercises alone, not target muscle).

So the guys who train 2-3 hrs are on drugs??

I'm not on anything or on my phone, chatting, posing or whatever - I've lifted 2hrs straight with couple mins rests inbetween. 5 sets, 8 reps each exercise. Am I wasting my time past the 60 mins mark?? Yes or no.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I'm not on anything or on my phone, chatting, posing or whatever - I've lifted 2hrs straight with couple mins rests inbetween. 5 sets, 8 reps each exercise. Am I wasting my time past the 60 mins mark?? Yes or no.
    Pretty much. When you train, you do the minimum to achieve results. There are diminishing returns on too much volume not to mention compromised recovery. Pros train the way they do because that’s their job and they like their ‘Balone-y sandwiches.

If you want to train for the long haul you want to be smart about things.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You're the one who said it was a waste of time past 60 mins. It's either working for you or not.

This isn't cardio. Who really cares how long the workout takes? It's either a suitable program in terms of intensity/volume/exercises for you or not. Measure effectiveness by progress on the bar or in the mirror.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A fun and relevant read from one of the great writers of the Golden Age of Bodybuilding:

https://physicalculturestudy.com/202...s-to-progress/

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread reminds me of 2004 BB.com.

I'm looking forward to your thread about squatting with knees past toes, OP.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

It was more of a joke, but yeah, you realize pro bb and Hollywood actors are pretty much all on them on something.

I wouldn't quantify a workout by the time spend in the gym, the number of hard sets seems more important.
    Some like to stay 2 hours and take longer rests, nothing wrong with this.
    Some can do cardio, stretching, socializing and it takes them 2 hours.

Some people have can get with a lot of volume, but have problems with intensity.
    Others... the opposite.
    It depends on your recovery and on your work capacity.

From your photos, you don't look like a beginner, so I guess it worked for you.

For me, assuming I am training seriously, 3 hours would be too much.
    Usually, I stay 90 minutes and this includes warmup & mobility stuff + some bag boxing at the end.
    And I take short rests.

I don't know who said "we shouldn't lift more than 45-60 mins per day", but it seems dumb. It depends on the individual.
    Still, 3 hours? Come on!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fat guys like me would need a Sammich to get through a 3 hour session.

Honestly on my legs/arms day, if I’m fiddling with the phone, filming, after an hour-75 min of legs, I prefer a break, come back later to blast arms. I don’t like being hungry and lifting- what’s the point?!
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

the real question is, what kind of a program makes you do 5x8 so that it takes you 2 hours to complete? sure you can train more than one hour, but most of your results come from the first hour

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can adapt to long, high volume programs. It's not necessarily a good thing, it means that you have to do more to create the same stimulus for growth.

I try to manage my stimulus so I don't fall into this trap, it's like painting yourself into a corner. Use continual small changes in weight used / reps achieved, only add sets as a last resort. If any of your sets are done without getting close to TRUE failure, you are potentially wasting effort.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    the real question is, what kind of a program makes you do 5x8 so that it takes you 2 hours to complete? sure you can train more than one hour, but most of your results come from the first hour
    Assuming you do 4 sets for each 10 minutes {longer rest} that should be 48 sets.
    It sounds a lot, but some of them would be warmup sets.
    It depends a lot on the exercises that one doe and on his level.
    Obviously, a guy who deadlifts a lot would need several warm up sets vs someone who does lateral raises or is a beginner.

Some prefer to do some mobility stuff first, this can take some time.
    Personally, I do overhead squats, cossack squats, cuban rotations, shoulder dislocations, back extensions, hip adduction... it takes 10 minutes.
    Some will do some cardio at the end... another 15-20 minutes.

There you go... 2 hours.

Who said most of the results come from the first hour?
    Maybe if you only 1-2 body parts.... yeah.
    But let's say one has an upper day:
    He can do the mobility + compounds in the first hour and then some stuff for bis, tris, shoulders, abs, calves, cardio.

Nothing wrong if you can recover and if you have the time and like to spend it in the gym... individual preference.

People used to cut grass with scythes all day long on very hot days... the body adapts, work capacity increases.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    Assuming you do 4 sets for each 10 minutes {longer rest} that should be 48 sets.
    It sounds a lot, but some of them would be warmup sets.
    It depends a lot on the exercises that one doe and on his level.
    Obviously, a guy who deadlifts a lot would need several warm up sets vs someone who does lateral raises or is a beginner.

Some prefer to do some mobility stuff first, this can take some time.
    Personally, I do overhead squats, cossack squats, cuban rotations, shoulder dislocations, back extensions, hip adduction... it takes 10 minutes.
    Some will do some cardio at the end... another 15-20 minutes.

There you go... 2 hours.

Who said most of the results come from the first hour?
    Maybe if you only 1-2 body parts.... yeah.
    But let's say one has an upper day:
    He can do the mobility + compounds in the first hour and then some stuff for bis, tris, shoulders, abs, calves, cardio.

Nothing wrong if you can recover and if you have the time and like to spend it in the gym... individual preference.

People used to cut grass with scythes all day long on very hot days... the body adapts, work capacity increases.
    i mean yeah, if you do that, i get it. but if that 2 hour workout is basic lifting and every muscle in your body is destroyed when you're done, it's not very useful

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You can adapt to long, high volume programs. It's not necessarily a good thing, it means that you have to do more to create the same stimulus for growth.

I try to manage my stimulus so I don't fall into this trap, it's like painting yourself into a corner. Use continual small changes in weight used / reps achieved, only add sets as a last resort. If any of your sets are done without getting close to TRUE failure, you are potentially wasting effort.
    Pretty much.

Your body first adapts to the structure of the workout and the volume adjusts accordingly in the same fashion that you have to condition yourself to do high intensity regularly. That becomes what your body expects to do, and improvements are marked in that curriculum.

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    I don't know who said "we shouldn't lift more than 45-60 mins per day", but it seems dumb. It depends on the individual.
    Still, 3 hours? Come on!
    I can't post a link cos I don't have 50 forum posts yet but if you Google "why should you only train for 45 minutes" you'll see a few articles.

I usually lift weights for about 75 mins per session (not including cardio warm-up or cool-down afterwards) but I took all of last week off. My first 2 days back in the gym after that week off I did 2 hrs to "make up for it". I probably needn't have bothered.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's not "we're told" it's someone told you. Tell yourself. Figure it out for yourself if you feel safe with what you think. Or keep getting told.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because they can...have the money to...have trainers...on drugs...their jobs depend on it...and the list goes on and on.

The 3 you mentioned are, no doubt, on drugs. And not that that's a bad thing...it just separates them from us mortals
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They are a different breed

I can't post a link cos I don't have 50 forum posts yet but if you Google "why should you only train for 45 minutes" you'll see a few articles.

I usually lift weights for about 75 mins per session (not including cardio warm-up or cool-down afterwards) but I took all of last week off. My first 2 days back in the gym after that week off I did 2 hrs to "make up for it". I probably needn't have bothered.
    Whatever you do regularly and consistently your body will adapt to. Big obstacles have to do with developing your workout pace rationally and also having rational expectations of development/progression.

Extensive bouts typically are used as trials to test where you're at, but you shouldn't really be doing more to make up for lost time.

99% of articles on the internet have general protocols that come down to either general circumstance/preference or red-taped training practice guidelines like only work out every other day.

jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just me guessing.

Yeah the rugs are one factor of course.

Another is that as with most things, you get 90% of the benefit from half the time invested. Lots of people go out and ride bikes 100 miles a week and are kinda fastish. Most people would think they are fast. But the guy going out 250 or 300 miles per week, if he's doing it right, over time, is gonna smoke the 100 mile per week guy. You can go to the gym 3 days a week for 60 minutes a day and improve greatly for a long time. But I think you'll eventually be able to squeeze more out of your genetics if you do 5 days at 2 hours plus, along with proper rest and diet.

I've gone through stretches doing 5 days, 2 hours per day. I still felt kinda rushed to fit it all in and no time to stretch afterwards. Also, longer rest periods let me lift heavier weight more times. I tend to give myself a lot of rest and hard sets. I could easily spend 90 minutes on compounds and another 30-60 on isolations/accessories, then stretch, refuel, shower, etc. If I had the time for that and a consistent schedule.
    2022 -- Just maintaining and doing the van life
    April 2021.................16 week cut.................168 lbs
    2020......................375 / 285 / 505..............186 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO gym time equates to just how long you actually WANT to be in there. There were periods where I just LOVED being in there so 1 1\2 hours was normal. Any more and it's just spending enough time to do what needs to be done and not a minute longer.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB