souheil221 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Is this diet good for building muscle?

hi guys, i should start this by saying i am a total noob in these matters as it's the first time going to the gym.

here's the profile :

body fat percentage: 22%

weight: 85 kg (187 lbs)

lean body mass: 66 kg (145 lbs)

after some research online i came to the conclusion that i should cut first and try to build muscle

I'll target these results:

calories: 2400

protein: 86g

carbs: 500g

fat: 40g

and again i have no idea of what i am doing , this is the result of simple research any advice will be appreciated.

pike1563 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up cutting advice

So I see that you are at a relatively high body fat % and you are looking to cut and then build muscle after that. Personally, at your fat percentage, I would try to build muscle while you are cutting. It seems like you are focused on losing fat and then gaining muscle. My suggestion is that you up your protein to around 0.8g-1g per pound of body weight (~187). In the end, you will lose weight while building muscle. When you first start working out you will feel pretty sore after training a muscle group my suggestion is to do a push-pull legs split (PPL). Make sure to take at least 2 days of rest before training again once your body gets adjusted you can try working out every other day. I also suggest you implement some cardio in your workouts while you are cutting. Lastly working out isn't an overnight thing you need to train for a while to see progress, take a picture or a video, and save it to compare it to your later self.

souheil221 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pike1563 View Post
    So I see that you are at a relatively high body fat % and you are looking to cut and then build muscle after that. Personally, at your fat percentage, I would try to build muscle while you are cutting. It seems like you are focused on losing fat and then gaining muscle. My suggestion is that you up your protein to around 0.8g-1g per pound of body weight (~187). In the end, you will lose weight while building muscle. When you first start working out you will feel pretty sore after training a muscle group my suggestion is to do a push-pull legs split (PPL). Make sure to take at least 2 days of rest before training again once your body gets adjusted you can try working out every other day. I also suggest you implement some cardio in your workouts while you are cutting. Lastly working out isn't an overnight thing you need to train for a while to see progress, take a picture or a video, and save it to compare it to your later self.
    thank you for the response, i 'am trying to lose weight but more importantly build muscle, i started doing cardio using the bike and jogging but i learned the hard way not to push myself too hard as i got a knee injury the first week of cardio so i won't repeat that with lifting i'll start slow and then progress , thank you for the advice

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Suggest you read this: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Macronutrient Intake

Make sure that your diet meets the minimum protein and fat intake.

Protein minimum: 0.7 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).
    (for optimal body building purposes and during energy deficit higher intakes may provide additional benefits.)

Fat minimum: 0.4 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer and/or allows you to perform and feel well. Some people do better on a higher carb intakes while other people do better on moderate or lower carb intakes. It is not necessary to set a specific numbers for each macro, what matters is that the total calories, minimum fat and protein are achieved.

Macro Percentages

Do not use macro percentages (for example 40/40/20). Your body does not care about percentages, it has minimum requirements.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I'd go with at least 140g protein and 75g fat.

ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryanh313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Definitely lower the carbs and raise the proteins/fat. No reason for so much carbs