Aussiekx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Please help me with advice for boyfriend

Hello my boyfriend and I are starting the gym, the gym owner has told my boyfriend he has a mesomorph body shape, and should be eating between 2700-3500calories per day while lifting

He’s currently 103kgs and would like to gain muscle/ tone I’ll attach some photos below

Do you agree that he should be eating that many calories? For someone new to bodybuilding?

I’d just hate for him to put in the work, and not get the right goals. This is his first time stepping into a gym but he’s determined

So just needing advice on how many calories he should be eating, and what type of foods should he stick with? Assuming chicken, rice? Etc (he’s a very fussy eater too)

Please help!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    At 103kg, he almost certainly needs to lose fat initially unless he is very tall.

I would go with more like 2200 calories for a kickoff. Read the sticky thread in the Fat Loss forum for more detail. Food choices are less important but it's generally better to stick to less processed or whole foods when dieting otherwise that calorie level doesn't fill you up enough to prevent falling off the wagon.