Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Anyone else dig playing horseshoes?....recommendations?

Howdy think tank....

I really like the game (which I haven't played in decades).
    So...I've been doing some research and finding mixed reviews on several brands.
    Even some shoes breaking in half right away.

Two popular manufacturers seem to be Boden & Mustang.
    They can be pricey, even approaching a C note.

Any of you have any recommendations what brand & where to buy?

(my apology for not incorporating some of my political views)

Thanks and have a great weekend....
    Original music: www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos
    Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.

LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LWW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You know there is a cult of strongmen that bend horseshoes, it’s very technical but the key to bending them is to apply the grip so tight so that the shoe does not have any play in the hands. It really takes a vise like grip to bend them.

I don’t know where people get them but I’ve guys with crates of shoes I think they buy them from true authentic horseshoe warehouses or farms.

That’s all I know about horseshoes dude.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy LWW....

I came back to delete figuring there's no interest...and there you were.

Valid suggestion....by bass player buddy has a brother who has horses.
    That's a possibility.

Have some greenz for chiming in....thanks.

(Just read game horse shoes are about 2x the size of a real horse shoe)
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 05-27-2022 at 01:35 PM.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the game where you throw a beanbag at the box with the holes in it.

Had some neighbours years ago from TN....BBQ-smoker, beer, bean bag toss , good times

Have never played horseshoes much.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I like the game where you throw a beanbag at the box with the holes in it.
    Are you referring to cornhole? (Yes, that is the actual name of the game).
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My ex wife played horseshoes so I by default have to despise the game. All I know about it is there is something called a kahuna and yes the actual shoes for a horse are much smaller.

And for reference this is a picture i took this past weekend at Churchill Downs of some horseshoes.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love throwin shoes and drinkin beers, unfortunately my sister made my Brother in law tear out their shoe pit so she could have more room in their back yard for plants and stuff....

no shoes for the last 3 years or so

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    I love throwin shoes and drinkin beers, unfortunately my sister made my Brother in law tear out their shoe pit so she could have more room in their back yard for plants and stuff....

no shoes for the last 3 years or so
    That is depressing! Tell her need to change
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy Wayne

I played a lot of horseshoes back in the day, it was a fun thing to do at the mess while having a few wobbly pop. I was never very good at it though.

I also enjoyed bean bag toss (some call it corn hole which meant a totally different thing when we were kids) so I call it bean bag toss

Lawn darts was another good one

If it was an outdoor game I was probably all over it..
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Social distancing expert

Livin the Dream

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ahh sorry. I thought you meant "real" horse shoes for bending not throwing. This is a BB website you know misunderstandings will happen. I'll butt out of the horse shoe conversation now 🐎 🏋️
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.

Good morning everyone....

Cantplankwell....
    Yeah....before we left California we knew some people who played that cornhole game.
    They played in tournaments.
    We didn't participate.

Karl....
    Yep....that's it.
    Odd name for a game....bad imagery.

Corbi....
    Oh shvt....sorry if I reminded you of your ex....please accept my apology.

OS....
    Horseshoes and 'drinkin' some beers goes together like shoes and socks.
    H/S pits do require some prep....sorry your BIL had to cave to here wishes.

MarkIT....
    Ha....I agree

MTP....
    Ha...yep....it's fun with the right friends and some 'wobbly pop'.

OFT....
    "Bending horse shoes"!
    Never heard of it....that would be a competition to witness.

Thanks everyone....have a great weekend.

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I spent hours in my youth watching the men play horseshoes at family gatherings. Once I got old enough, I began playing. I put in a pit at my house. We have a few acres of land. The pit was a hit at pig roasts and clambakes we used to throw. God, we had fun. I'll never forget my buddy throwing a shoe and my crazy English Bulldog, Brutus, leaped up to catch it. It hit him square on his head and knocked him silly for a bit. Another buddy there was/is a veterinarian. He cleared him with a 'mild concussion,' and the game continued.

Advice? Use the foil wrapper from a cigarette pack and wrap it around the top of the posts, so you can still see them in the moonlight!

I'll throw anytime, anyplace.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

Howdy K....

Ha...holy shvt!

Quite memorable experiences, I'd guess.
    Glad to see other interest in a cool outdoor activity.

I'm still pondering the 'pit' process, taking measurements, etc.
    I think I'll have the necessary yard space which is the primary consideration.

Thanks for stopping by....have a great weekend.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post

I'm still pondering the 'pit' process, taking measurements, etc.
    I think I'll have the necessary yard space which is the primary consideration.
    Cornhole is much easier, no dedicated space, you can just pick up your boards and bags when done.

That said, there's nothing like the sound of a ringer in shoes, hits that stake and rattles around a bit is very satisfying.
    Bro with mattbro95

RIP: Dirty South Crew

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    That said, there's nothing like the sound of a ringer in shoes, hits that stake and rattles around a bit is very satisfying.
    Yep....it's a rewarding sound when it happens to you.
    Unfortunately, I didn't hear that sound quite often enough.

Thanks for chiming in...