Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Us older guys remember televisions that had 2 telescoping antennas on top. If you were smart, you could figure out that you could take a metal coat hanger and tape it to the antenna to get better reception.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Us older guys remember televisions that had 2 telescoping antennas on top. If you were smart, you could figure out that you could take a metal coat hanger and tape it to the antenna to get better reception.
    If you were even smarter, you could get the scrambled adult channels to unscramble by fine tuning the v-sync.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    If you were even smarter, you could get the scrambled adult channels to unscramble by fine tuning the v-sync.
    Grainy at best. Teenagers these days have it too easy.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My dad was the first person in this town to get a satellite dish, 1981. It was 10' in diameter. The birds were in orbit in a line. To change satellites, someone had to go to the dish and turn a crank to move the orientation of the satellite. Someone else had to stay inside and say "stop" when the signal from the next satellite was acquired. Pay per view boxing, adult channels, HBO, it was all free. I was there when MTV debuted.
    Current rankings:

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My dad was the first person in this town to get a satellite dish, 1981. It was 10' in diameter. The birds were in orbit in a line. To change satellites, someone had to go to the dish and turn a crank to move the orientation of the satellite. Someone else had to stay inside and say "stop" when the signal from the next satellite was acquired. Pay per view boxing, adult channels, HBO, it was all free. I was there when MTV debuted.
    the MTV debut. I was sitting in my beach house in Hawaii when it happened. Lol there were like 10 videos total. Ironically the fist one played was Video Killed The Radio Star by the Buggles.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Lol there were like 10 videos total.
    They would play 3 videos, then play some house music to fill the commercial time, then play 3 videos. I had their poster. "The World's First Music Channel Celebrates It's First Birthday".
    Current rankings:

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I grew up when men were men. We ate meals with so much MSG it would have killed the average millenial or gen z-er. And we ate it in restaurants full of cigarette smoke. If you never got the MSG “shakes”, you don’t know what you are missing. And yet here i am to tell the tale.
    LMAO I don’t doubt that. X>>>>Millenial>>>Z
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I didn’t have the hungry man items when I was a teenager really but I would often eat well over half a box of hamburger helper when my parents made it…

So you remember those kids style microwave dinners with the penguin on it that had the weird fake brownie? I used to love that shyt.

Oh, and taquitos… we used to get these huge frozen packs from a Schwan’s delivery truck and I’d have like 15 at a time and melt cheese on them.
    Hell yea I was all about Kid Cuisine!! I was all about those & the taquitos! I can’t believe we even have this in common!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post

Hell yea I was all about Kid Cuisine!! I was all about those & the taquitos! I can’t believe we even have this in common!
    YES! That’s what they were: fukking kid cuisine !!!

Man my palate has changed so much hahaha

I also used to make tons of quesadillas… just cheese and other **** in a folded tortilla thrown in the microwave. Poverty style
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

We were so poor that we walked around picking up aluminum cans on the side of the road to take to the recycling center in order to get money to buy gas for a pickup truck that we would drive around country roads in order to hit a deer to get protein.
    Current rankings:

azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sitting at 9.5-10.5% bf 125lb, 5'4'' 38M. 2100-2300 daily, I do strength 5x and do 10k steps daily. As far as hunger goes, never really hungry, but there are days if I eat half a pie (pumpkin is my weakness) or something that won't be satiating

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ Glad someone else thinks this way. While there are some notable exceptions, it's hard to avoid the general impression that Zoomers are as a rule pretty much worse than Millennials, who are typically worse than Xers. Being born in 1996, I literally feel like less of a human than people who were mature before the internet and lived in and experienced the world before it was constantly submerged in a virtual half.

I remember Kid Cuisine when I was little. That stupid pinguin with the bad CGI commercials with those brownies like exploding into existence in space or something haha.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They would play 3 videos, then play some house music to fill the commercial time, then play 3 videos. I had their poster. "The World's First Music Channel Celebrates It's First Birthday".
    I remember a lot of this video in its early years:

I remember when this video was banned. The main song is the ringtone on my phone when my wife calls.

Current rankings:

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    ^^ Glad someone else thinks this way. While there are some notable exceptions, it's hard to avoid the general impression that Zoomers are as a rule pretty much worse than Millennials, who are typically worse than Xers. Being born in 1996, I literally feel like less of a human than people who were mature before the internet and lived in and experienced the world before it was constantly submerged in a virtual half.

I remember Kid Cuisine when I was little. That stupid pinguin with the bad CGI commercials with those brownies like exploding into existence in space or something haha.
    I was born in 85 and feel very glad I was out of high school when the trend of social media started to peak… it would have made things very weird
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think most people regardless of generation are generally reasonable. It's just that the minority of idiots has gotten louder and more influential over time, which makes it seem like there are big generational differences.

People have been complaining about young people since the beginning of time. It's a natural part of getting older.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    People have been complaining about young people since the beginning of time. It's a natural part of getting older.
    And? While this is generally true, they're not ALWAYS wrong that the next generation is <<< in some capacities. Technology has changed things, environmental conditions change, and humans do not just make linear moral progress. For example, I could easily extend my viewpoint to X<<<Millennial<<<Z<<<Boomer.

Wouldn't the people who followed in the days of the Renaissance in Europe be correct in talking about the "good old days"? Generations are no different, just on a smaller scale. Humans are a product of environment. Worse conditions (war, poverty, etc.) and/or technology that outpaces our ability to handle it means that sometimes the old folks are right to say "fuk the kids today" and vice versa. It's completely illogical to think that just because the previous generation always chits on the current one, they can never be correct. That's not even to mention the fact that many Millennials and Zoomers, Eli & I included, openly acknowledge that things have gone to chit.
    Last edited by Strawng; 05-30-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in the middle of a cut, still a ways to go.

Spoiler!

I know I get cravings every 3 to 5 hours or so, so I time my meals just before I get hungry.

Right now it looks like:
    9:00 AM
    12:00 PM
    3:00 PM
    6:00 PM
    9:00 PM

Basically avoid all the physical hunger cravings.

The mental stuff that makes my stomach rumble, I just think it's awesome my metabolism kicks in, it feels like jump starting the fat burning process when it happens. I think it's cool. Not really a hinderance.

Also.

â–ş Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique â–ş Renaissance Periodization Programming
    â–ş https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    â–ş Progress Pictures
    â–ş https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    I'm in the middle of a cut, still a ways to go.

Spoiler!

I know I get cravings every 3 to 5 hours or so, so I time my meals just before I get hungry.

Right now it looks like:
    9:00 AM
    12:00 PM
    3:00 PM
    6:00 PM
    9:00 PM

Basically avoid all the physical hunger cravings.

The mental stuff that makes my stomach rumble, I just think it's awesome my metabolism kicks in, it feels like jump starting the fat burning process when it happens. I think it's cool. Not really a hinderance.

Also.

horizontal penis ;o0

And? While this is generally true, they're not ALWAYS wrong that the next generation is <<< in some capacities. Technology has changed things, environmental conditions change, and humans do not just make linear moral progress. For example, I could easily extend my viewpoint to X<<<Millennial<<<Z<<<Boomer.

Wouldn't the people who followed in the days of the Renaissance in Europe be correct in talking about the "good old days"? Generations are no different, just on a smaller scale. Humans are a product of environment. Worse conditions (war, poverty, etc.) and/or technology that outpaces our ability to handle it means that sometimes the old folks are right to say "fuk the kids today" and vice versa. It's completely illogical to think that just because the previous generation always chits on the current one, they can never be correct. That's not even to mention the fact that many Millennials and Zoomers, Eli & I included, openly acknowledge that things have gone to chit.
    I think this all relates nicely back to something you've spoken on before which is the Poverty of the Soul concept.

With the industrial and especially technology revolution we've seen over the last several hundred years, people have become less dependent on interpersonal relationships and more focused on simulating connections in a pretty selfish and anti-social way. People increasingly want to be less social, which is ironic because 'Social Media' was intuitively promised to become some bastion of relationship-building and free speech. Yeah right... lol

Of course some degree of corruption and greed, etc, always existed, but with the advent of more sophisticated technology we've basically fukked ourselves by building systems that increase the spread of the issue...

Thousands of years ago, most of the terrible shyt in the world was due to NEEDING to act in cruel or selfish ways to survive... but there was a sense of brotherhood out there that kind of bound us all together as people part of the same human experience.

People now just LARP all the time and look for attention from shyt that doesn't matter at all.... everyone is offended by everything... nothing is ever good enough... people are equal parts emotionally soft and shallower than they used to be on average.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I wasn’t trying to say one generation was better than the other. Just that the stuff we lived through both physically and mentally would kill or maim the younger generations. But I actually respect the younger generation who is standing up and not willing to take it anymore. You just kind of grow up trying to conform to the status quo of society at the time of your youth , its just the goal posts keep changing.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    horizontal penis ;o0
    The jig is up fellas. Well, sideways in this case.
    â–ş Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique â–ş Renaissance Periodization Programming
    â–ş https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    â–ş Progress Pictures
    â–ş https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    The jig is up fellas. Well, sideways in this case.
    Or... maybe...

It's TWO of them... one going each direction.

I wasn’t trying to say one generation was better than the other. Just that the stuff we lived through both physically and mentally would kill or maim the younger generations. But I actually respect the younger generation who is standing up and not willing to take it anymore. You just kind of grow up trying to conform to the status quo of society at the time of your youth , its just the goal posts keep changing.
    TBH I think a lot of this comes from automation.

We're getting to the point (like in that Wall-E movie) where a good chunk of younger people just don't feel the NEED to do much of anything... and instead they type away all day, literally look at screens for 10+ hours... have very little in-person contact with humans...

My generation definitely did get a bit of cross-contamination from that, but I feel like I narrowly escaped such that I can at least be consciously aware of the situation and actually enjoy the new lifestyles conveniences without allowing them to ruin my brain. My developmental years weren't spent on tik-tok.

TBH I think a lot of this comes from automation.

We're getting to the point (like in that Wall-E movie) where a good chunk of younger people just don't feel the NEED to do much of anything... and instead they type away all day, literally look at screens for 10+ hours... have very little in-person contact with humans...

My generation definitely did get a bit of cross-contamination from that, but I feel like I narrowly escaped such that I can at least be consciously aware of the situation and actually enjoy the new lifestyles conveniences without allowing them to ruin my brain. My developmental years weren't spent on tik-tok.
    I work in IT and recently went to a “tech lunch and learn” the other day at a technology campus, that is home to some big tech companies like Qualcomm and Playstation, etc. most of the workers walking around were in their 20s walking around in street clothes/gym clothes staring at their phones walking around. If my dad were alive to see This In” am sure he would call them a bunch of bums with no concept of looking respectable and caring about their job etc.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

There are changes, but I think genuine generation effects are typically exaggerated as people fail to take into account that changes result from both genuine generation ("cohort") effects, period effects and lifecycle changes. A good read:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...szVf3ZVrwD-tgq

Also, every zoomer I've talked to so far has reduced some of my prejudices about the generation, and there are plenty of "woke" (and more influential!) morons in the older generations too.

I worry about a lot of things happening too btw, I am just unsure if I think zoomers vs boomers etc is the key to understanding what's happening
    Last edited by EiFit91; 05-30-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think this all relates nicely back to something you've spoken on before which is the Poverty of the Soul concept.

With the industrial and especially technology revolution we've seen over the last several hundred years, people have become less dependent on interpersonal relationships and more focused on simulating connections in a pretty selfish and anti-social way. People increasingly want to be less social, which is ironic because 'Social Media' was intuitively promised to become some bastion of relationship-building and free speech. Yeah right... lol

Of course some degree of corruption and greed, etc, always existed, but with the advent of more sophisticated technology we've basically fukked ourselves by building systems that increase the spread of the issue...

Thousands of years ago, most of the terrible shyt in the world was due to NEEDING to act in cruel or selfish ways to survive... but there was a sense of brotherhood out there that kind of bound us all together as people part of the same human experience.

People now just LARP all the time and look for attention from shyt that doesn't matter at all.... everyone is offended by everything... nothing is ever good enough... people are equal parts emotionally soft and shallower than they used to be on average.
    this sounds interesting and i think i see what you mean, but could you elaborate a bit? do you mean all the fancy "aesthetic" instagram pics, wine nights with phones out or?

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    this sounds interesting and i think i see what you mean, but could you elaborate a bit? do you mean all the fancy "aesthetic" instagram pics, wine nights with phones out or?
    I was interested in this conversation and waiting on this answer too.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    I think there is an innate feeling of meaninglessness that underpins a lot of what we see in cancel-culture and the attention-seeking behaviors in social media overall.

People these days, on average in western society, don't have 'real' issues to the same extent that people did in past generations.

You can be homeless, jobless, broke in America and in many areas still eat well, have a roof over your head (though not a 'home')... we have so many more options that people want to just rely on handouts. They WANT to find ways to do almost nothing but make millions of dollars.

This is why people have become so obsessed with trying to be SM 'influencers'... they see it as a fast-track via viral content to bank on the transfixed masses who spend 80% of their waking ours starring at the phone or a screen.

So this LARPing is their way of simulating a sense of importance or struggle because it just doesn't exist. Social justice warriors, Karens, all these people complaining about stuff just because they know in their guts that they don't matter as much as they want to. But if they shout loud enough and do it as an 'act' online... hey... people will take the bait.

I just find it silly.

I think there is an innate feeling of meaninglessness that underpins a lot of what we see in cancel-culture and the attention-seeking behaviors in social media overall.

People these days, on average in western society, don't have 'real' issues to the same extent that people did in past generations.

You can be homeless, jobless, broke in America and in many areas still eat well, have a roof over your head (though not a 'home')... we have so many more options that people want to just rely on handouts. They WANT to find ways to do almost nothing but make millions of dollars.

This is why people have become so obsessed with trying to be SM 'influencers'... they see it as a fast-track via viral content to bank on the transfixed masses who spend 80% of their waking ours starring at the phone or a screen.

So this LARPing is their way of simulating a sense of importance or struggle because it just doesn't exist. Social justice warriors, Karens, all these people complaining about stuff just because they know in their guts that they don't matter as much as they want to. But if they shout loud enough and do it as an 'act' online... hey... people will take the bait.

I just find it silly.
    Perhaps, but don't a lot of people here spend a similar amount of time on the Misc? Trying to make $ as a social media influencer seems more productive.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Perhaps, but don't a lot of people here spend a similar amount of time on the Misc? Trying to make $ as a social media influencer seems more productive.
    I wasn't commenting on the productivity or how much money someone can make from it... I'm talking about people becoming disconnected from traditional aspects of meaningful human interactions.