Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Prolonged Fasting according to Dr Fung Obesity Code

So, i am starting this thread to keep myself accountable to my weight loss. A few years ago, I was quite heavy and lost 20Kg, from 88kg to 68kg consuming about 800 to 1000 cal a day on a 40-40-20 plan and also doing a lot of exercises (HIIT and Weights). I wasn't happy at the end, though i could see my stomach muscles already. The diet really kicked me. It was not something i can do for long time. I got fat again after 6 years and am now back at 88.3kg. I am now 52 years old. Male, Asian, 1.73m tall.

I watched Dr Fung on YouTube and thought i will give this a try. Basically, it is to Fast for prolonged time (like 36 hours etc) to reduce insulin level and initiate ketosis.

I started at 88.3 Kg
    I started to reduce my calorie intake for week 1,2 and 3 but weight went down a bit to 86.5kg.
    I started to reduce to OMAD for a week 4 and 5 and weight went back up actually to 86.9 Kg. After this, i resolved to start prolonged fasting. I wanted to jump straight into 3 or 5 days fast but i know this is really really tough. I started on the 22nd May 2022 evening (Sunday) when i had my last meal at 8pm.

1st Stint Sunday 8pm to Wed Morning 8am (60 hours) :
    The 1st day Monday was a bit tough to skip breakfast but resolve got me through. I had 2 cups of coffee with a bit creamer and sugar. Lunch hunger wasn't too bad - I had 2 cups of coffee with a bit creamer and sugar. Dinner was also a bit tough but resolve is strong, so i could skip it. I had a coffee with creamer and sugar at 5pm.

Tuesday was tough, hunger pangs comes and goes. It doesn't stay long. When i comes, i have a bit of coffee and mostly drank water. I started to replace coffee with tea as well. For BF, I had 2 cups of coffee with a bit creamer and sugar. Then it was tea throughout till evening 5pm when i had 1 cup of coffee with a bit creamer and sugar. Late evening was very tough. I had headaches and felt a little weak and dizzy. I took an aspirin with my 5pm coffee - it helped a lot. Resolve is definitely low now.

Wednesday is a tough work day, a lot of physical work to be done, i knew i cannot get through this day without some nutrition.
    I decided to stop my fast at 60 hours. Took my weight and to my pleasant surprise i came in at 85.4 kg. So it was 86.9 to 85.4. No matter what it was, i am surprised and happy. Resolve is up, i wanted to lose more and planned 2nd stint.

I took 1 cups of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of sliced almonds and 3 cups of soya bean milk as breakfast with 2 cups of coffee. I also had a normal lunch of rice and soup. Very surprisingly, i couldn't finish the food. It wasn't a lot but i could only eat about 3/4 of it. Lunch was 1pm. I had coffee with milk and sugar at 5pm. Nothing after that. So 2nd Stint starts now, 85.4 and i plan to fast 44 hours at least till Friday lunch (because i have appointments for lunch and dinner).

2nd Stint (Wed 5pm - Friday 1pm - 44 hours)
    Thursday was a really mixed. I had my usual 2 2 cups of coffee with a bit creamer and sugar for BF, no problem, no hunger. Lunch came and i was a bit hungry. I kept a picture of my fat tummy in my phone and also i remembered my results from stint 1. Resolve is high, lunch was skipped. The rest of the day, i only had black tea. Evening I was a bit hungry and at 8pm i was thinking of food all the time and the hunger pangs keeps coming though it was not really very bad. I think it is because my social media kept showing me food all the time. A lesson : Don't look at food! It worsen the hunger pangs.
    Friday morning, though i do not plan to break my fast, i took my weight 1st before my 2 coffee. Lo and behold, i came in at 84.5 kg. So it was 85.4Kg to 84.5Kg. I noted that this 40 hour fast is a lot easier also. I took 2 cups of coffee. It is 12pm now, and hunger pang is medium now cos i am looking forward to breaking fast.

I don't plan to fast on weekends, but i will watch what i eat, and probably stick to 1 meal a day and a small dinner meal. I will start Stint 3 on Sunday evening at 8pm and will probably do a 40 hours fast thereabouts. I will weigh in on Monday morning to get my begining weight. 60 hours Fast is tough.

Lessons from Stint 1 and 2 :
    1) Don't look at food!
    2) Its ok to take a bit of drinks, my cup of coffees are really small cups, like 250 ml only, and it is very little sugar and creamer (just for a bit of taste). It helped me think that i am having food, not really starving myself. It helps a lot with the mental side of things.
    3) 60 hours is very tough - i wanted to go 72 hours but it is tough mentally. I hope it is because i am a beginner, i think i will need to do longer periods in the future.
    4) I did not exercise, i am quite sedentary as mentally, i feel like i need to keep my energy. Caveat - i actually exercise quite regularly even when overweight. 4Km runs everyday.
    5) Hunger pangs seems to come more often (not just meal times), i noted it comes whenever i think of food and when i see food. But the hunger comes and goes.
    6) I drank a lot of water. And with that comes a lot of urine. So having a schedule which allows you to piss often helps a lot.

I will update this thread every time i do a fasting stint. Currently I plan:
    Sunday 8pm - Tues 1pm (41 hours)
    Tuesday 6pm - Thursday 1pm (43 Hours)
    Thursday 5pm - Friday 5pm (24 hours - I think this is too short maybe...but friday evening is always a family dinner time which I look forward to).

I know my loss in stint1 and 2 is probably just beginning and it will taper off in the weeks to come. But I know, this will work and am doable.

Wish me luck guys, and always, i welcome any suggestions and views and if you have done this before, please share with me your success so that i can share your resolve!

PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Strong,

I'm also doing a prolonged fast from Dr. Fung. So firstly - I wish you luck, and just remember to do it smartly. Electrolytes, electrolytes, electrolytes (if you are planning to do it in a prolonged fashion).

I'm 32 (don't know why my profile says 52). On April 26, 2022 I weighed in at 378.6 lbs (171.7 kg). I weighed in this morning at 328.2 lbs (148.9 kg). I did one week of OMAD, eating about 800-1100 calories. I then switched to a prolonged water fast, which I had never done before. I went 18 days consecutively. I took one day off (Sunday, May 22) as a cheat day as I had to go to the hospital for a pre-existing and unrelated reason. I've been water fasting since then (today is now the 8th day consecutively).

Findings: Prolonged fasting gets progressively easier starting the morning of day 4. By day 5 it really doesn't bother you that much anymore. I only had brain fog on day 2, and I haven't experienced it on the second round. I do find eating ice helps with the hunger. I quit drinking coffee altogether on day 2 of the fast, and I have noticed my skin has gotten better. Zero-calorie water enhancers - while not great from an artificial sweetener perspective - can definitely assist. I didn't use them on the first round of fasting, but I have used them on the second. I continue to lose weight.

Unexpected findings: When I did the first round of fasting, I hit ketosis very quickly. This second round, after the cheat day, has taken my body longer to get back into the same level of ketosis. Even after a full 7 days of water fasting, it's still not at the same level (I purchased urine test strips which you can obtain from your local pharmacy that will tell you if you are in ketosis, and to what extent - small, moderate, or large). As well, I took on a LOT of water weight after the cheat day, which was annoying. Also, when refeeding, GO GENTLY! That cheat day led to a lot of bathroom trips. The joy of the food going in was not reciprocated on its journey out.

Again, I always recommend you consult your physician. Monitor your blood pressure. Ensure you have adequate potassium, sodium, and magnesium. People recommend adding pink salt to water (which makes me want to vomit), so I'd rather have 2 cups of campbell's brother (chicken or beef). It has a good chunk of sodium, low calories, and negligible carbohydrates. I'm going to have some today and see what happens to my weight tomorrow.

All the best in your journey!

StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongAt45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PudgeyPaws View Post
    Hey Strong,

I'm also doing a prolonged fast from Dr. Fung. So firstly - I wish you luck, and just remember to do it smartly. Electrolytes, electrolytes, electrolytes (if you are planning to do it in a prolonged fashion).

I'm 32 (don't know why my profile says 52). On April 26, 2022 I weighed in at 378.6 lbs (171.7 kg). I weighed in this morning at 328.2 lbs (148.9 kg). I did one week of OMAD, eating about 800-1100 calories. I then switched to a prolonged water fast, which I had never done before. I went 18 days consecutively. I took one day off (Sunday, May 22) as a cheat day as I had to go to the hospital for a pre-existing and unrelated reason. I've been water fasting since then (today is now the 8th day consecutively).

Findings: Prolonged fasting gets progressively easier starting the morning of day 4. By day 5 it really doesn't bother you that much anymore. I only had brain fog on day 2, and I haven't experienced it on the second round. I do find eating ice helps with the hunger. I quit drinking coffee altogether on day 2 of the fast, and I have noticed my skin has gotten better. Zero-calorie water enhancers - while not great from an artificial sweetener perspective - can definitely assist. I didn't use them on the first round of fasting, but I have used them on the second. I continue to lose weight.

Unexpected findings: When I did the first round of fasting, I hit ketosis very quickly. This second round, after the cheat day, has taken my body longer to get back into the same level of ketosis. Even after a full 7 days of water fasting, it's still not at the same level (I purchased urine test strips which you can obtain from your local pharmacy that will tell you if you are in ketosis, and to what extent - small, moderate, or large). As well, I took on a LOT of water weight after the cheat day, which was annoying. Also, when refeeding, GO GENTLY! That cheat day led to a lot of bathroom trips. The joy of the food going in was not reciprocated on its journey out.

Again, I always recommend you consult your physician. Monitor your blood pressure. Ensure you have adequate potassium, sodium, and magnesium. People recommend adding pink salt to water (which makes me want to vomit), so I'd rather have 2 cups of campbell's brother (chicken or beef). It has a good chunk of sodium, low calories, and negligible carbohydrates. I'm going to have some today and see what happens to my weight tomorrow.

All the best in your journey!
    Wow, you have fantastic results - thats 23kg in 26 days of fasting! And the fact that you can do so many days in a row is incredible! A few questions : When you have your cambell's, is that on a fasting day (as in everyday)? How big a bowl was it (just approximately how many mL)? Did you see that it affects your ketosis level?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by StrongAt45 View Post
    Wow, you have fantastic results - thats 23kg in 26 days of fasting! And the fact that you can do so many days in a row is incredible! A few questions : When you have your cambell's, is that on a fasting day (as in everyday)? How big a bowl was it (just approximately how many mL)? Did you see that it affects your ketosis level?
    That's because he weighs 330lbs.

Bodyfat can supply a maximum of 31 calories for each lb of bodyfat. The rest has to come from food or else it will be taken from muscle tissue. I'm sure you don't expect to lose weight this fast but bear this maximum in mind when trying to push calories too low.

And consider protein distribution too. I have done a modified 5/2 with reasonable results but never fasted completely for more than about 12 hours at a stetch, the minimum I would have is 2 large protein shakes on one of the 'fasting' days.

So yesterday 29th May (at 2pm), i am starting my 3rd Stint of fasting. I hope to go 72 hours or more Not sure how long i can go. On the 30th of May morning, i took my weight and found that it went up to 86kg! WTF? It was 84.5kg when i ended my fast on a Friday evening with a very small meal and a weekend of normal eating, it ballooned that fast? I feel like i am taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. I really didn't eat a lot when I broke fast. Granted, Sat evening was a BBQ night and i overate. But I only had 1 meal on Sunday and that was also when i started my 3rd stint. I don't know. I am beating myself up mentally today when i saw 86kg. It was really a downer.

Beginning this 3rd stint, I had a bit of hunger at night before i went bed, but it wasn't so bad. Similarly this morning i had my usual 2 cups of coffee and during lunch time, hunger came on cue, but it wasn't so bad. Usually i wont be hungry on the mornings but lunch and dinner is when the hunger grows. But i do notice it isn't as bad as when i 1st began, during stint 1.

Resolve is down, mentally i feel ****. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. WTF?
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-08-2022 at 06:45 PM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So yesterday 29th May (at 1pm), i am starting my 4th Stint of fasting. I hope to go 72 hours or more Not sure how long i can go. On the 30th of May morning, i took my weight and found that it went up to 86kg! WTF? It was 84.5kg when i ended my fast on a Friday evening with a very small meal and a weekend of normal eating, it ballooned that fast? I feel like i am taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. I really didn't eat a lot when I broke fast. Granted, Sat evening was a BBQ night and i overate. But I only had 1 meal on Sunday and that was also when i started my 4th stint. I don't know. I am beating myself up mentally today when i saw 86kg. It was really a downer.

Beginning this 4th stint, I had a bit of hunger at night before i went bed, but it wasn't so bad. Similarly this morning i had my usual 2 cups of coffee and during lunch time, hunger came on cue, but it wasn't so bad. Usually i wont be hungry on the mornings but lunch and dinner is when the hunger grows. But i do notice it isn't as bad as when i 1st began, during stint 1.

Resolve is down, mentally i feel ****. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. WTF?
    weight loss is not linear, there's no way you gained 1.5 kg even if you overate on saturday. if i were you, i wouldn't even complicate things with the fasting --> overeating --> fasting --> overeating cycle anyway. maybe you can make it work, but just so you know, a basic caloric deficit with a good amount of protein is equally good if not better for results

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That's because he weighs 330lbs.

Bodyfat can supply a maximum of 31 calories for each lb of bodyfat. The rest has to come from food or else it will be taken from muscle tissue. I'm sure you don't expect to lose weight this fast but bear this maximum in mind when trying to push calories too low.

And consider protein distribution too. I have done a modified 5/2 with reasonable results but never fasted completely for more than about 12 hours at a stetch, the minimum I would have is 2 large protein shakes on one of the 'fasting' days.
    Suffolk, thanks for your advice. I cant go on 5/2 yet, surely i would like to try. Especially since my weight yoyoed over the weekend, I am pissed. I swore to myself, i'd do 5 days...but i know myself better, i know i cant do that yet. I still get hunger pangs on day 1 and 2 of my fast. It reduces, i know, but it is still damn mentally ****....i will need time to get used to it.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    weight loss is not linear, there's no way you gained 1.5 kg even if you overate on saturday. if i were you, i wouldn't even complicate things with the fasting --> overeating --> fasting --> overeating cycle anyway. maybe you can make it work, but just so you know, a basic caloric deficit with a good amount of protein is equally good if not better for results
    Faithbrah, yeah i think its impossible to gain 1.5kg over the weekend. I guess it's waste in my gut from all that BBQ eating cos i cant poop if i dont eat my next meal...during my previous fasting stints, i noticed that i cant poop when i start fasting...but once i break fast, the poop comes right out after an hour...it cant be the food that i just broke fast with..my mind keeps making up all kinda of reasons...yes i know a calorie deficit is the best way to go, over a long run. I am impatient and just wanna lose that 20 kgs asap, get back to where i was before and then make a longer lifestyle change to maintain.

Just that, to me as a beginner to fasting, you put in the work, put up mental barriers to food to eating and after all that, when you don't see the results you want, it really kills your resolve. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. I think it is not impossible to do the hard work, but if there are results to speak of, then I can keep at it...

Week 2 3rd Stint started on Sunday 29 May 2pm (last meal) and as said, my weight was 86 kg after weekend BBQ binge

This 3rd stint was similar in feeling to the 1st stint, Monday is ok, not much hunger pangs though on Tuesday night, it was a bit tough, really wanted to eat something but i persisted. Wed (today) came and i took my weight in the morning and i was pleasantly surprised to see 83.7 kg. As suspected, that weight gain was and could be salt+water from the BBQ. In reality i probably went from 84.5 to 83.7. I did not break fast in the morning (except for my usual 2 cups of coffee with creamer and sugar) though mentally i wanted to. But morning hunger pangs are not high and i persisted. I just received a blood ketone meter and wanted to know the ketone level in my blood before breaking fast. I took my blood ketone level at 12pm and my ketone level is 1.1 - its not good but its not bad i think. It is what it is. I ended my fast at 2.30pm. Thus it is about 72 hours.

I watched some YouTube vids that mentioned that we should eat more fat and vegs, so i bought a 300g salmon and some romaine lettuce. I pan fried the salmon and ate it with the romaine. I put some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce for taste. I also pan fried 2 eggs. Boy that was a mistake. That was too much food. I finished everything but now, 3 hours later, my stomach feels so full, i wanna vomit. In the past, that amount of food would have been normal for me.

I decided to start stint 4 after that very full lunch and so, stint 4 will be 3pm 1st jun. I will probably end this 4th stint on Friday 3rd june at 5pm making it about 46 hours.

Tips from stint 3 :
    1) Don't eat so much when breaking fast. No matter what you think you can eat and have eaten before.
    2) I suspect that a longer fast is better than a shorter fast. I suspect that fat really gets used by the body only after 48 hours. Because i started at 86kg on Monday (and at stint 2, i was 84.5) and only on Tuesday afternoon (I did take my weight though i wasn't about to break fast), i was back at 84.5 kg (which is end of stint 2). I suspect fat loss really started then and after another 24 hours, i was at 83.7kg.
    3) I suspect that usually after the 1st 3 day stint, after breaking a meal, the weight loss resumes fast as i only have 1 meal. the 2nd 2 day fast is only 48 hours but i recorded weight loss in stint 2. Maybe..i don't know. But for sure, it takes time to build up the fat loss again during fasting.

I wish i can do a longer fast, like 5 days straight but i a food lover and mentally i am not strong. I need to take my time. Right now, I'd say that this 3days followed by 2 days fast is giving me about 1kg fat loss a week and i should be satisfied with it. Heck, any fat loss is acceptable.

Today marks the 5kg weight loss which is 1/4 of my goal of 20kg weight loss.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-21-2022 at 01:09 AM.

PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) PudgeyPaws is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Strong,

I don't have the broth every day. Sometimes I'll have it 2-3 days in a row, always at 5:00 p.m. Other times I'll go a week without having it. When I do consume it, I have 2 cups (500 ml). I had no noticeable affect on my ketosis level. Today I weighed 321.8 lbs (145.9 kg).

Keep in mind - and as Suffolk pointed out - it's going to be easier for me to do a prolonged water fast, because I have substantially more fat tissue for my body to rely on. Although I would say it's not easy to do 18 days without food regardless of your bodyweight. A huge component of it is mental.

Don't push yourself into something unsustainable and ultimately detrimental to you.

As always, I wish you nothing but the best on your journey! Hope it's going well!

Originally Posted by PudgeyPaws View Post
    Hey Strong,

I don't have the broth every day. Sometimes I'll have it 2-3 days in a row, always at 5:00 p.m. Other times I'll go a week without having it. When I do consume it, I have 2 cups (500 ml). I had no noticeable affect on my ketosis level. Today I weighed 321.8 lbs (145.9 kg).

Keep in mind - and as Suffolk pointed out - it's going to be easier for me to do a prolonged water fast, because I have substantially more fat tissue for my body to rely on. Although I would say it's not easy to do 18 days without food regardless of your bodyweight. A huge component of it is mental.

Don't push yourself into something unsustainable and ultimately detrimental to you.

As always, I wish you nothing but the best on your journey! Hope it's going well!
    Thanks for your information and advice! Any loss is still a loss, and you have great results! I admire how you can fast so many days in a row. I watched some videos on Dry fasting and it seems to be even faster than water fasting. Anyway, i don't think its for me.

You keep going man! Your results are gonna be fantastic and you gonna change your name from "pudgy paws" to "slender fingers"!
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-02-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Stint 4 End and results

So today is the end of Stint 4. I started this after stopping stint 3 on Wednesday 1st Jun afternoon at about 2pm and had a huge meal of romaine and salmon, boy that is a mistake i will never repeat! So that was the only meal i had and i started my 4th stint after that meal. I plan to stop my fast today at 2pm, making it about 48 hours.

Yesterday at 2pm, i took my ketone level and it showed me 1.7 which is a bit surprising, maybe it was a bit elevated still from that 300g salmon i ate. I managed to even poop a little last night and this morning. As usual, i have been pissing all the time. I noted that when i had my big meal at the end of stint 3, I was thirsty and drank lots of water but i didn't piss them all out. I suspect it is the salt in the food that is holding all the water. Anyway, i kept drinking till i started pissing lots.

Today, though i wanted to wait, i couldn't hold back the anticipation, i kept telling myself not to keep my hopes too high. Stint 3 endfast meal was big (300g romaine, 300g salmon and 2 eggs) and i expected a lot of water and salt weight to hinder progress.

The end of stint 3 was 83.7kg. This morning i weighed in at 82.3 Kg! What a pleasant surprise.

Keep going man, I can do it! My niece is getting married in Sept and i hope that my then, i can register 70kg and wear some new clothes. Its a goal i hope i can achieve.

Next week goal for Stint 5 and 6 is i hope to see a 79kg! Haven't been below 80kg for a long time!

This morning while driving to work, i kept thinking to myself, 65kg is not and impossible dream and maybe i can do it....

Week 3 Start of Stint 5 and weekend activities

So yesterday 5th Jun, I started by Stint 5 at 3pm. I ended Stint 4 on Friday afternoon with soup and romaine and some chicken and dinner was hotpot. I think I overate on Friday dinner. Sat was a hectic day, I spent the day painting the house and was very tired. Ate little breakfast and lunch but had a late midnight supper because i skipped dinner. Supper was at midnight and i had a fish burger and some fries and nuggets (about 6) at McDonalds. Sunday morning again it was little breakfast and lunch was at 3pm and we had a bit of lunch which i thought i didn't eat much : a bowl of noodles and some glutinous rice, but it was still a lot of food for a normal person.

Stint 5 started after that last lunch and this morning at 9am, i weighed in at 84.5kg. Again it is 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. I noted that after every end of the week to the start of a new week, the weekend eating causes me to pick up 2kg back. I hope it is just salt and water from the food i consumed. However, though i was up 2Kg on the scale, my muscle % actually went up from 32.5% t0 33.9% and BF% was down from 29.8% to 27.5%. I don't know how accurate these are, but at least is it is a comfort to know that these are going in the correct direction at least. I drank 2 cups of coffee with milk and saccharin and had another cup of coffee + condensed milk for lunch (as i was outside working). I am not gonna beat myself up over the weight readings, its something i have to observe for a while. If after every weekend I pick up these 2 kilos, then the real question is whether do i pick up kilos day after day of "normal eating" after i reach my goal of going to 68kg. But for now, i will just observe.

Another issue seems to be that my ketones don't come up so quickly. Though my last meal was more than 24 hours ago, my ketone level is at 0.3 mmols/L which seems to mean i am not using body fat yet. When i ended Fast 3 and fast 4, my ketone was 1.1 and 1.7 respectively. Anyway, i will probably take a look at my ketone level again tomorrow afternoon at 4pm.

As mentioned, this week, i hope to get below 80kg. I hope.......its been so long since i hit below 80Kg. Wish me luck. Go Go Go. Nobody can help me except me myself. If I want it, I can get it.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-21-2022 at 01:04 AM.

Quick update of Fast 5. Change of plans, I am going 5 days!
    I wanted to end this fast 5 today but my weight wasn't going down as well as i thought it could. I was disappointed that only this morning (day 3, about 72 hours into the fast 5), my weight reached what was the end of fast 4 (today i am 82.1 kg). I decided it is time to go longer and try a 5 day fast. I shall stop fast on Friday 10 Jun at about 3pm, making it 120 hours. I have seen many people do this. I really want to get to 79kg. I have been using my blood ketone monitor and measured for all these 3 days, Monday was 0.3 and Tuesday was 0.3. Only today I got a 1.1 which is quite consistent with what i saw previously, whenever i stop fast, my ketones are in the 1.1 range. Mu bioimpedance meter also told me that my visceral fat has gone down from 12% to 11%. Thats great! BF and muscle is still about the same.

I suspect that after a weekend of eating, i need to go through 2 full days (48 hours) or more to get to ketosis. Which also means a longer fast without break is much more meaningful and faster, otherwise i will be just wasting 2 days every week for nothing. At least if i do 5 days, there will be 3 days of meaningful ketosis.

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude, is it really "prolonged fasting" if you are having coffee and sugar and small gulps of water?

A total fast would be nothing at all. So you wouldn't be having coffee or sugar or water lol

Each time you're drinking that coffee and having that sugar, that's actually a "break", bud.
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Coffee (no sugar) and water is fine during a fast.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Underwrought has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I was going to post this after reading he was adding sugar and creamer, no matter how little, breaks your fast. Use monk fruit and no creamer. Thats what Ive done.

HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Well...if he wanted to do a proper absolute fast - a total fast - anything consumed or drunk, no matter what it was, would be breaking the fast.

So...it depends what kind of fasting regime he is embarking on...
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Gliese 710 Crew
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew

Also, in many dudes' experience, a total absolute fast is usually a natural stimulant in of itself. According to the popular science, this is usually due to an increase in a specific chemical in the brain (I forgot what it's called, I'll try to remember it later on) which increases alertness.

I don't tell people the wrong stuff; I tell people the right stuff from mostly confirmed evidence/investigation.

EDIT: I think it's "Orexin". Orexin levels become naturally elevated in the human brain during this period.

EDIT: During a days-long military operation, for example, when supplies have been depleted, Orexin levels will be elevated in the brains of fasted troops and so will norepinephrine and dopamine etc
    Last edited by HannoCometh; 06-08-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Gliese 710 Crew
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew

Originally Posted by HannoCometh View Post
    Dude, is it really "prolonged fasting" if you are having coffee and sugar and small gulps of water?

A total fast would be nothing at all. So you wouldn't be having coffee or sugar or water lol

Each time you're drinking that coffee and having that sugar, that's actually a "break", bud.
    Hi Hanno, I realize that the sugar creamer coffee i have, is a break. Yep. I admire people who can really do dry fasting, even forgoing their water, and the results are much better. This coffee thing i have, is like nicotine addiction. Been with me for 40 over years, yep i grew up drinking coffee... I cant do without it. I dont know how to describe it. But for now, there are some results from what i am doing, so I think for now, it is important to keep things constant and keep going. If that coffee hinders my results, then i might do something about it. For now, the fast has to fit me, and i have to keep it going somehow.

Originally Posted by Underwrought View Post
    I was going to post this after reading he was adding sugar and creamer, no matter how little, breaks your fast. Use monk fruit and no creamer. That's what I've done.
    I don't have monk fruit where i am in Singapore. I have actually substituted for saccharin. I know it is no good, i saw all the warnings against doing that. But its the way out for me. I don't plan to use saccharin forever but only for fasting. I am trying to cut my creamer to a smaller portion too.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HannoCometh View Post
    Well...if he wanted to do a proper absolute fast - a total fast - anything consumed or drunk, no matter what it was, would be breaking the fast.

So...it depends what kind of fasting regime he is embarking on...
    That would be a dry fast, not an "absolute" fast. That's one form of fasting. It's not the only one.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Update of Fast 5, day 4

Weight is at 81.4kg, i don't think i can hit below 80 this week but for sure, i will see 80kg tomorrow. Its very tough doing 5 days for me, this is the 1st time for me. Heck, this is the 1st time i tried fasting. Previously i broke my fasting into 3 days, 1 meal, then 2 days. Now, i am changing to 5 days straight, since i wanted to get to below 80kg.

I just measured my ketone level, yesterday at end of day 3 it was 1.1, but today it is 3.8! Wow, that sure went up quickly. I have been painting my room for a few hours last 2 days, about 4 hours each. I noticed that whenever i am using a lot of energy, heart seems to beat stronger and a little faster. But definitely stronger. Also, several times when i squatted and stood up, I got a bit dizzy. All in all, it is not good. To do this, i shouldn't be exerting too much. I also noticed that i feel cold at night. Covering with blankets helps a bit.

I will be breaking fast tomorrow at 2pm thereabouts, probably a simple vegetable soup with maybe some chicken.

End of Fast 5, 1st complete 5 days fast, Results

I ended my fast 5. This is the 1st 5 day fast i have done, and it is terrible. I admire people who can go much longer, i don't have their mental strength. And its all mental. Its not hunger, but the cravings and thoughts. The social media, the people posting on FB, on Instagram of what they are eating and how nice everything is. Mentally, it is terrible. Last night (night 4), i wasn't hungry but while sitting on the sofa watching TV, all I can think of was glorious ramen in miso soups.

The 5 Days journey
    As mentioned by many, ketosis takes sometime to get into. The 1st 3 days was ok, not bad, but i wasn't happy with the results as I just got back to my last fasted weight of 82.2 kg. So i decided to forgo the break and carry on to 5 days. I had no problems at the end of D3 and D4 morning. But by D4 evening, that's where my mind went crazy. All i can think of, is just food. Honestly, anyone who is doing this, should un-install FB and Instagram and probably all social media.

This week, i did daily blood ketone measurement. D1 and D2 was 0.3 which is pretty much nothing though the weekend weight was coming off, D3 is 1.1 which means i am in ketosis. D4 was 3.8 (what a big jump), and D5 today is 3.5 (I had my usual 2 coffees + creamer and saccharin in the morning at 8.30, my blood measurement was 12.30 noon).

I broke fast at 1pm (2 hours shy of my goal)
    Results : Weight is 80.8 kg, BF and Muscle stays the same which is 28.4% and 33%. I think that my bio impedance meter is not very accurate.

Comparison between this straight 5 days Fast and my 3+2 (for a lack of better description) Fast

Weight loss:
    Taking away my weekend weight (which i seem to put back 1.5 to 2kg, and using my "fast weight" to fasted weight week after week, I noticed that end of Week 1 and week 2, I lose about 2 kg using my 3+2 fast. Using this 5 Days straight, I lose about 1.5kg. I dont quite understand it yet, i guess more data (hence time) is needed. Asides from my ketone level, in terms of weight, I seem to lose more with 3+2 rather than 5 days straight.

Mental stamina :
    No doubt 3+2 wins outright. At end of the 1st 3 days, I am mentally exhausted already. A quick break is very welcome and I can dive straight back into the next fast which is 48 hours. And the 48 hours is so easy.
    For the 5 days fast, though i struggled mightily last night of D4, the morning of D5 is ok. Skipping BF was never an issue for me as long as i have my coffee. But by 11am, the anticipation of breaking fast was too hard to bear.

Thoughts :
    1) I am mulling now, what to do for the next fast (Fast 6). Do i do 5 days again?
    2) Can i improve my 3+2 regime that the cheat meal somehow lets me dive back into ketosis quickly. Based on week 2, I noted that my ketone level was only at 1.1 on D3 and 1.7 on D5. If only i can have that meal break after D3 while keeping my ketone level high, it'll be great. Maybe an egg tofu soup will be the answer. Or Egg+sardines. I am thinking of high fatty foods, low protein and low carbs of course. Maye I'll just swallow gulps of olive oil
    3) Its a marathon, not a sprint. Though i have goals to meet (70kg by 1 sept), I have a bit of time. Don't push it too hard. Sustain and conquer.

Anyone reading my logs and have suggestions or comments, feel free to tell me. Especially Fast 6. Is it gonna be 5 or 3+2? I need to prepare mentally over the weekend.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-09-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Week 4 Start of Fast 6, weekend activities.
    I actually started fasting again since Sunday 12 Jun 2022 at 2.30pm. I wanted to do it earlier at 11am after a medium brunch, but my son brought me a sweet peanut butter waffle at 2pm, and i just couldn't resist. so i ate that and that was my last thing i ate. Last week Friday, i ended my fast with a romaine/tofu/seaweed/fish soup and it was great. I was at 80.8kg when my fast ended. I swore that i will be careful this weekend and wont eat so much. Friday evening, my son came back and we went dinner for some chicken chops and ice cream and i admit, i kind of overate but not as bad as i have been before with the BBQ. Sat i had some more romaine/tofu/seaweed/fish soup but dinner, i had a big plate of noodles (carbs) and i was stuffed. It carried over till Sunday morning when i had my brunch of noodles and pork meat and that waffle. Did I overeat on the weekend? I don't think so. I can remember all that i ate and thus it really isn't a lot. I'd call it normal.

This morning, I took my weight as usual and to my utter disbelief, it is 84Kg! WTF man! I didn't eat all that much, i was watching myself and I got the worst possible outcome ever! It's like a f***ing knife into your heart. I worked so hard to get to 80 and it goes to 84 in just one weekend! I wonder if my scale is spoilt. It's a digital scale and i don't doubt it. I know eating and fasting weights are different, but come on, a 3.2 kg gain from Friday to Monday?

Mood is so down right now, i almost threw in my towel. Usually i have 2 cups of coffee in the morning but this morning i took 3. I took the 3rd cup cos i felt so f***ed up. I was getting used to 3 steps forward 2 steps back but least there was progress. This is like a jump backwards. I am back at week 1 fast 2 results. The past 3 fasts results from 2 weeks are all wiped out just cos i cant f***ing keep my mouth shut. When will i ever see the 70s again? What is my chances to getting to the 60s?

I know we shouldn't look at weight all the time, and it isn't the only number that counts. That's easy to say when you are not the one with the fat. I walk past the mirror and I hate to see that tire around my waist and i avoid looking at the mirror at all. I avert my eyes from my own image whenever i walk past a mirror. I used to be vain and look at myself in the mirror. Not anymore.

I just don't know. I was really hyped yesterday thinking i can get to the 70s this week. Now? I am not sure wtf am i doing and wtf results will i get.
    And like a f***ing old man, all i can do, all i can think of now, is to soldier on.
    Fast 6 started, don't know when it ends or what i will do.

I don't even want to think about it.

Afternoon update :
    Was in a foul mood all morning till i came back home in the afternoon at 3pm. I took my ketone blood level and not surprisingly, I am at 0.2 mM. I took my measurements again, weight has gone down to 83.2, which is expected and fair enough - somehow i seem to measure weight lower in the afternoons. But surprisingly, my BF% was 24.6% (from 28.4%) and my muscle% is up 35.6% from 33.2% . I dont trust these electrical bio impedance readings alot as i know it depends on how much water the body is carrying. But i didnt drink a lot of water the whole morning, nothing more or less from usual. But it is comforting to know at least these markers are moving in the right direction.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-21-2022 at 01:20 AM.

Update of Fast 6, end of Day 3

Well, i was really thinking of going 5 days again, but honestly, i don't have it in me. Started the week at 84kg (WTF) and am now at 81kg, pretty much where i left fast 5. I measured my ketones yesterday at about 3pm and saw 0.4mM, which again is consistent with the previous weeks. I will measure again later this afternoon at 3pm and I expect to see about 1mM. I am planning to have some soup+romaine today. I know it breaks the fast, but i cant help it. Its tough. I rather go slow and steady. Previous weeks, i got 1.7 at day 5 of my 3+2 fast regime, and i think that's about what i can do, week in and week out. Going full 5 days is great, ketone is 3.8mM, but its too tough.

Woke up this morning ok. I have been feeling cold throughout these 3 days, and i live in a tropical country where temp is 30 - 35 deg C all year round.
    Will update later today on full body measurements and ketone level.

Update : Ketone level is 0.4 mM, don't know why. BF 27.9 and muscle is 33.4 - like i said, i don't trust my bio impedance meter, it depends on how much water is in your body. Weight 81kg. Broke my fast at 2pm with a chicken broth with romaine, seaweed and an egg. Back to fasting, here goes Fast 7. I measured my ketones again at 6pm, about 4 hours after that soup, and it is at 1.1 mM. Now i am questioning is it the little fat i ate that caused it to go up or is my ketone meter not so accurate and consistent?

I also calculated macros of the soup i had based on the nutrition label that came with it, 129Cal 5.6g Fat, 15g Proteins, 2.5g net carbs. I would have liked to reduce the protein and up the fat. Maybe i will have to lay off the seaweed, but it is delicious.

I am also planning to have 1 teaspoon of olive oil every morning along with my coffee, hopefully it ups the ketones!
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-24-2022 at 12:16 AM.

End of Fast 6, results

So this is the end of my 3rd week of fasting. Fast 6 was a 3+2. I broke my fast on wed afternoon and had a chicken broth + egg + cabbage + romaine. Then nothing else till today.
    Surprisingly, after the soup, my ketones was slightly up (I took before 0.4 and after 1.1). Then yesterday day 4, I also had the same soup again and my ketones still went up further (2.2) like as if i was doing the straight 5 days fast. Interesting. Today, I am still contemplating whether to break the fast completely. But likely i will try to get to tomorrow morning. I am having my soup + cabbage + romaine + seaweed today (ran out of eggs).

Today day5, 3.30pm, I finally hit 79.9kg. Just went under. OMG...that was hard. Ketones are 2.6. BF and muscle % are all the same, but i dont trust these readings. Next target 75Kg. Hope i can reach it by 4-5 more weeks.

Update : Broke my fast on a Saturday morning (D6) at 9am. Weight was 79.8kg. Progress.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-19-2022 at 04:37 AM.

Start of Week 5, Fast 7 19 Jun 2022 Sunday,

So today is Sunday, and i started my Fast at about 10am. Decided to forgo family lunch and dinner as my son wasn't back from army camp. I just wanted to take the opportunity to go a bit longer or shorter depending on how i feel. I have business dinner on the coming Friday, so that is a potential of over eating for me. I also took a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, at 7pm, about 9 hours into the fast, just to see if it helps kick me into ketosis faster. I will probably do this every morning and also 1 teaspoon of squeezed lemon juice as well. One is to keep insulin low (due to my coffees) and ramp ketosis up. I noted that the 1st 2 to 3 days, my ketones are always in the 0.3 range.

I was a bit sick on Sat and now Sun, had 2 bouts of mild fever and feeling really cold. The fast doesn't help either. I keep reminding myself to push on. I hate that tire around me. Hopefully, i can hit low 79 or if really good, high 78 kg. Today i just weighed myself at 81.6kg. Put on 1.7kg due to weekend eating's and i didn't really eat a lot. The 2 major meals were just 1 bowl of noodles on Sat and Sun mornings. I read somewhere that it is due to all the lack of salt from fasting. I wont worry too much about it. It is what it is, and i think i will go to 65kg ultimately before hitting a maintenance of 70kg. I give myself a goal of reaching that before November. For now, I want to get to 75kg by week 10 (that's 5 weeks from now or end of July, and average of 1kg per week) - realistically, i think i can hit that in week 9.

So that's where i am, so let's get it started! Goals set, determination up. Go Go Go!

Update D1 - I took a teaspoon of olive oil butter this morning and at 5pm, my ketones are 0.8 which seems high for D1. Last 2 weeks, my D1 and D2 ketone levels always seems to be 0.3mM. Weight is 81.1kg now. 0.5kg a day is quite average. So by extrapolating that, i think 79.1kg is possible by Friday. That will be a great result.

Update D2 Although i did not plan it, but i noted that drinking chicken broth with a bit of veges thrown in doesn't seem to affect the fast too much. To make it easier, i did take a bowl of chicken broth+egg+spinich+seaweed. Though i didn't calculate it, i am sure i am well inside 130 cals. So maybe, this week it has become a 2+2+1 (221 Fast for short). Its a marathon, not a sprint. I have to keep going. Yes the break is not good, but I still have plenty of fat to burn still. Today before the break, I am at 80.3kg but after break, i am at 80.8 kg. I hope wed and Thurs i will see a low 79 and maybe, just maybe Fri could be a high 78? I measured my ketones before the soup and it is 0.4. That is strange since yesterday i had 0.8 and asides from coffee and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil today, i didn't have anything else. Is it the lemon juice? Does it contain sucrose - i don't believe it as it is only a tablespoon. A whole lemon is about 3 grams of sugar, a tablespoon would be nothing. I am suspecting the amount of water drank through the course of the day affects ketone levels. Something to look into.

Update D3

F*** that soup. I am through with it. No more vegetable soups during fasting. As mentioned, i took some chicken broth+egg+spinich+seaweed and weight was up from 80.3 to 80.8. Fine, ok i get it. I thought it will all come out as poop, but i didn't poop. Today i am back at 80.3kg ketones are 1.3mM. WTF man, come on...it's like losing a day of gain....F*** me. I should have been at 79+ right now but me and my f***ing soup. I hate myself for trying to "clever" my way to an easier time...there's no easy time, but only hard time. I got to stick to the fast. No more mid break vegetable soup for me anymore. Just pure Chicken broth. Lesson learnt.

Update D4
    So now i am just taking chicken broth with lots of pepper everyday. It does seem to make it better, and the sodium sure helps with headaches and surprisingly, i don't feel so cold anymore. Previous weeks, i noted that i feel cold all the time while fasting. Today weight is 79.3kg, I hope i see a 78.8 or 78.9 by tmr morning. But even a 79.0 will be acceptable. Ketones is at 1.7mM after soup. I wont be measuring ketones anymore, as i only did it to know what affects ketosis for me. I think even the blood ketone meter levels are a but strange and yoyo a bit, though i cant pin down why. I think it is the amount of water drank each day or how much you urine. Anyway, i know for sure, somehow the 1st 3 days of my fast is getting rid of weekend weight gain and the next 2 days are actual fasted to fasted weight loss. And my ketones behaves that way. Chicken broth doesn't affect the ketosis at all. Currently, it seems like I am losing a fasted to fasted weight loss of 1Kg a week. So to get to my dream level of 65kg, it will be another 15 weeks minimum, assuming straight line analysis (and i know it is not). So, whatever it is, I will hunker down and get with the program. 1st intermediate goal - a fasted weight of 75kg. Then i can wear my jeans, cos that was the last time i wore my jeans.

Some math - if i lose 1 kg a week, then it is 7700 cals. I spread that over 5 days and i get 1540 cal, which i assume is my fasted BMR. Interesting. I read that when fasting BMR does go down a bit, and when you eat, it goes up a bit. i wonder if we eat at 1500 cal, then wouldn't we lose a little bit of weight everyday? Good info to know for long term maintenance.

D5, End of Fast 7, Results
    I was hyped this morning when i woke up, cos i am so longing to see a 78kg, either high or low. When i took it, it was 79.1kg, heart plummeted. But then i realized i had my pants on, which is quite heavy, took it off and took my weight - 78.7 kg Yahoo! Wow, haven't seen that since Covid began! Its been so long. Spirits lifted, i had my usual morning coffee and went about work. Came back after work at 3pm and took my final measurements before breaking fast - 78.5kg, 24.6% BF, 35.5% Muscle, 10% Visceral. That the visceral dropped 1%, to me, is achievement. I noted that this figure is quite steady and doesn't fluctuate at all. I hope to ultimately i will see a 8 VF and 10 BF and my fasted weight at 65kg. This week, fasted to fasted weight loss is 1.4Kg. Not shabby for a 5 day fast for a 52 yr old...

I suspect that my weekend eating of too much carbs caused that f***ing week 4 gain of 3.2kg. I had a lot of carbs that weekend. I cant help it because where i live in Asia, everyone eats noodles and rice all the time, like for all 3 meals. I will try to avoid carbs this weekend and see what happens. I hope i dot get a 3kg gain again. I broke my fast with chicken broth, seaweed, 150g chicken thigh meat, 1 egg and spinach, all in a soup.

Kilo by kilo, 75kg, i am coming for you soon. 77Kg, see you next week.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-24-2022 at 08:51 PM.

Weekend activities 24, 25, 26 Jun 2022

So i decided to take a look at my weekend activities and food to help avoid that disastrous 3.2kg gain that almost wiped out a week of gain.

24 jun break fast 2pm 78.5kg 1.5 bowl of chicken broth+spincach+130g chicken thigh+seaweed+tofu+egg+250ml prune juice
    6pm 200g steak+handful of fries+veges+egg+1 whiskey soda+1 pint beer+3 chicken drumlets

25 Jun took weight 79.3 kg 3 coffees, a lot of dim sum, irish coffee, bbq stingray, chilli octopus, 5 scoops ice cream.

26 Jun took weight at 81kg (WTF). It was a lot of food yesterday. No poop. It seems like whatever i eat, stays in me. Adds to the weight and bloat. F***. 2 egg pratas and 2 coffees. 1 pork bun, 1 coffee, 2 slices of cheese cake. 3.30pm. start of Fast. No more food.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 06-26-2022 at 12:30 AM.

Start of Week 6 FAST 8 26 Jun 2022 Sunday 3.30pm

D1 update : I had about 200ml of prune juice yesterday 5pm hoping to elicit some poop. Only this morning, i ad a lot of poop. I felt heavy and bloated throughout yesterday and yesterday evening. After pooping, of course i felt better. I took my starting weight at 81Kg. So weekend gain was 2.5kg. Horrible. I know i ate too much, but i didn't have a lot of carbs, or least i was trying to avoid it as much as possible. Those food i ate on the weekend, was food i kept thinking about all week. Anyway, whatever. I have to live a bit, i have to be myself. So Fast started yesterday afternoon at 3.30pm. I hope this week, i get to see 78.0 or a high 77. I am not measuring my other stats like BF, VF, Muscle, Ketones till end of the fast. I don't see a point to anyway. I caught a flu, had sore throat and a lot of phlegm, and actually feel a bit weak and feverish now. Took a Panadol. I was tempted to eat, when i went to buy lunch for my son, but i kept reminding myself of that awful tire around my belly. I force myself to look at the tire ever morning now, to remind myself of what i am doing.
    Sometimes i think, losing weight is a sprint. Maybe i should go on an extended 30 day fast rather than gaining weekend weight over and over and losing 3 days to lose the weekend weight week in week out. A bit silly i think. Sigh....soldier on, keep it going.

D2 update : I thought i might break fast with a chicken broth today but f*** it. Feeling good this morning. I took my weight at 79.9kg, so that's like a 1Kg of the weekend weight gone, tmr morning D3 Wed hopefully, is another weekend 1 Kg gone - low 79 or high 78. I am taking weights in the morning these days. I think it is the most consistent cos i would have pissed out all the water drank the previous day and i don't have to worry about how much water i drank till i take weight. Today is a super hectic day, very physically active day. I only drank 2 cups of coffee in the morning and a cappuccino in the afternoon while my colleagues was munching KFC fried chicken in front of me. Then i had another coffee at 7pm. I really hope to see 78 tomorrow morning to have any chance of reaching 77 this week.

D3 Update : Woke up to 79kg this morning. Had a chicken broth+egg soup today. Wanted to add seaweed but i think better not, if i wanna see 77 this week. I think i am still on track, hopefully tomorrow Thursday i will see a low 78 and the next day Friday, a 77 before breaking fast. Its tough, but kilo by kilo, I'll hunker down, soldier on and I will get there. 75 is when i will wear my jeans again and i am so looking forward to that.

D4 Update : Today i measured 78.2kg. A bit disappointed. I know, its just 200g but i was really hyped up to get to 78.0 kg today. For sure i will see 77.something tomorrow, but it will sure be great to see 77.0 tomorrow rather than 77.4kg if the 0.8kg loss hold true till tomorrow. Thinking of having chicken broth+egg soup again today, but i don't know. Did it jeopardize my loss yesterday cos i had it? Is that why i didn't get to 78.0 this morning? Today i kept thinking how much longer will i go on, it looks like another 12 to 13 weeks before i can get to my goal of 65 and i have only been doing this for 6 weeks. Oh well, best not to think too much.

D5 update : Today i weighed in at 77.2kg. Now that is a great result. I suspect i am lower because i had a bit of diarrhea as i am having a common cold and the doc gave me some meds which probably mixed with my lemon juice, gave me diarrhea. I am so close to 76kg now, i am tempted to go 1 more day just to see a 76. But hunger pangs in the early afternoon is quite high. It's all in my head i know. It's just that i am looking forward to having a bit of food especially since my son should be home from camp today. Oh well, 76 next week! Cya.
    Last edited by StrongAt45; 07-01-2022 at 07:37 AM.