BigArch1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question HELP - Best 4-day split programs for strength with no legs.

Hi all,
    I have been going to the gym for 4 months now and have seen excellent progress in my strength and aesthetics, however I am now starting to move into much higher weight classes and want to make sure I am doing what is best for my progress. For the last 3 months I have done a four day split where I repeat the same two push and pull workouts twice a week with no legs. I am not doing legs because I already play state league water polo 3 times a week and Australian Football twice a week, both of these sports (especially water polo) are extremely strenuous on the legs and as a result my legs are already massive and defined without ever doing leg days.

My question is: What is the best way to structure my workouts over 4 days to focus on building my upper body and target all my muscles equally?

Current Stats:
    Height: 5"10'
    Weight: 90kg
    Bench: 100kg
    Deadlift: 160kg
    Squat: 135kg

Current Weekly Split:
    Mon: Push
    Tue: Football + Water Polo + Pull
    Wed: Water Polo
    Thu: Push
    Fri: Pull
    Sat: Football
    Sun: Water Polo

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't understand training for strength and avoiding muscles that are involved in your primary sports.

You also want a 4-day split when you're already playing your sports 4 days a week, which is another oddity.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need to find "the best split", any proper setup is sufficient. And it's more important to focus the details of a program rather than the overall split alone.

Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sinfinia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Soccer players squat, Football players Squat, Judokas Squat.

Practising in sports ABSOLUTELY means that you have to be SMARTER about your strength training in terms of managing fatigue, but by thinking your legs do not need work - you are being delusional. Especially when you are pursuing strength. (by choosing to neglect the muscles that actually make one strong?)

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    S&d numbers are way down compared to your bench..
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigArch1 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have been going to the gym for 4 months now and have seen excellent progress in my strength and aesthetics, however I am now starting to move into much higher weight classes and want to make sure I am doing what is best for my progress. For the last 3 months I have done a four day split where I repeat the same two push and pull workouts twice a week with no legs. I am not doing legs because I already play state league water polo 3 times a week and Australian Football twice a week, both of these sports (especially water polo) are extremely strenuous on the legs and as a result my legs are already massive and defined without ever doing leg days.

My question is: What is the best way to structure my workouts over 4 days to focus on building my upper body and target all my muscles equally?

Current Stats:
    Height: 5"10'
    Weight: 90kg
    Bench: 100kg
    Deadlift: 160kg
    Squat: 135kg

Current Weekly Split:
    Mon: Push
    Tue: Football + Water Polo + Pull
    Wed: Water Polo
    Thu: Push
    Fri: Pull
    Sat: Football
    Sun: Water Polo

As an athlete as busy as you are, I can’t see why two full body lifts a week wouldn’t suffice.

Think push/pull/squat in one workout

Think push/pull/deadlift and leg press in other

But otherwise, there are other options such as a 3x week set up

Push/pull

Legs

Push/pull

The idea of just not training legs at all leaves push and pull however you want to fit it in I guess. 1-2 x week each
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    S&d numbers are way down compared to your bench..
    Not really given his weight, all are kinda low. But he's also 16 apparently.