Thread: Please help!!!

cameronkempff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Please help!!!

I’m so lost and don’t know what to do. Can some please teach me how to get my total calories needed. Something that has worked for them. There is so many different ways and I’m getting so confused. BMR, TDEE, include your workout calories, don’t include those calories. I don’t even know which way is up. Some days I’ll track consecutively and then think I’m eating too much. If someone can teach me a way that has worked for them. I would be greatly appreciative!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cameronkempff View Post
    I’m so lost and don’t know what to do. Can some please teach me how to get my total calories needed. Something that has worked for them. There is so many different ways and I’m getting so confused. BMR, TDEE, include your workout calories, don’t include those calories. I don’t even know which way is up. Some days I’ll track consecutively and then think I’m eating too much. If someone can teach me a way that has worked for them. I would be greatly appreciative!
    What are your goals, height and weight
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You are talking to a bot. 8 years to make 1 post.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For traveling workers.

Not bot! Truth is. I haven’t taken my nutrition seriously, In years my weight has gone up, and it has gone down. I want to finally achieve recomp at its finest. I’m 5ft 11. 215 LBS. I want to reach 15% bf. Currently more around 30. To be completely honest. I’ve fought binge eating sometime for now. But I don’t know want to give up my my body goal. Sorry I know this is a loaded post but I’m in dire need of help!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not bot! Truth is. I haven’t taken my nutrition seriously, In years my weight has gone up, and it has gone down. I want to finally achieve recomp at its finest. I’m 5ft 11. 215 LBS. I want to reach 15% bf. Currently more around 30. To be completely honest. I’ve fought binge eating sometime for now. But I don’t know want to give up my my body goal. Sorry I know this is a loaded post but I’m in dire need of help!
    You don't need to do anything "at its finest". If you eat less while getting enough protein & lift under a proper program, & devote time and consistency to it, you'll get to your goal. Use the scale and the mirror as your guide.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Concentrate on fat loss rather than recomp right now. 2,000 cals a day and drop to 1,800 when you plateau for 2 weeks. Until you stop binging you won't be successful so choose binge eating or fatloss

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You don't need to do anything "at its finest". If you eat less while getting enough protein & lift under a proper program, & devote time and consistency to it, you'll get to your goal. Use the scale and the mirror as your guide.
    So are you saying don’t count calories? Is calorie counting not worth it?

EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Buy a food scale and weigh everything you eat. After a while you won't need to rely on the scale that much anymore but for now you need to relearn your relationship with food.

Weigh yourself every morning and keep track of your weight in a journal or in Excel so you can monitor the long run trend. If in Excel use two columns, one for your calorie intake and one for your weight at a given day. After a month of data you can reliably estimate the size of your calorie deficit from your weight loss trend. Average loss of 1 pound per week is a daily deficit of 500 calories (3500 calories per week).

Your TDEE estimate = Average calories consumed per day + Average daily deficit

So say you on average eat 2200 calories a day over an entire month and on average you lost 1 pound a week over that month. That gives you a TDEE estimate of 2200 + 500 = 2700

This already takes into account your BMR, calories burned from exercise etc. No need to complicate matters.

Note that it's much easier to estimate your average daily deficit than your average calorie consumption. Lots of people miscount calories by a lot but if you are honest with yourself you will not have that problem.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Calorie counting keeps you accountable. After awhile when you get a feel for what X amount of calories are you can choose to not count if you want.

EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EiFit91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd suggest also taking measurements of your waist and aim to get your waist measurement below half your height, in your case below about 35.5 inches.

BF% is sort of a meaningless number as everyone carries bodyfat differently. And you may find that maintaining 15% BF is not sustainable for you. But you can improve a lot compared to your current body composition!
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Buy a food scale and weigh everything you eat. After a while you won't need to rely on the scale that much anymore but for now you need to relearn your relationship with food.

Weigh yourself every morning and keep track of your weight in a journal or in Excel so you can monitor the long run trend. If in Excel use two columns, one for your calorie intake and one for your weight at a given day. After a month of data you can reliably estimate the size of your calorie deficit from your weight loss trend. Average loss of 1 pound per week is a daily deficit of 500 calories (3500 calories per week).

So say you on average eat 2200 calories a day over an entire month and on average you lost 1 pound a week over that month. That gives you a TDEE estimate of 2200 + 500 = 2700

This already takes into account your BMR, calories burned from exercise etc. No need to complicate matters.

Note that it's much easier to estimate your average daily deficit than your average calorie consumption. Lots of people miscount calories by a lot but if you are honest with yourself you will not have that problem.
    This was easily the most helpful post! Base my calories of what I’ve ate! Genius! Super helpful! Thank you so much! Thank you for taking time out of your day to respond!

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you see the sun in the sky, that is up.
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Calorie counting keeps you accountable.
    Debits and credits keep me accountable.

I think the same thing can be applied to nutrition. My first example was related to financial accounting.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For traveling workers.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's worth it if you need to do it to consistently eat at a calorie deficit.

My point was that if you've spent years not taking nutrition seriously & spinning your wheels, you don't need to go nuts studying every possible formula related to weight loss to try to do everything absolutely perfectly. You just need to consistently eat at a calorie deficit, and can use both the scale & the mirror to help you make adjustments as necessary to do so.

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post

This is a great spreadsheet that you can use. Just make a copy and input your data every day to see rolling averages. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=848661062