vsemail is on a distinguished road. (+10)

9oz of tuna daily?

Hi all!

From what I've found online, consuming 9oz of light canned tuna (in water) daily should pose no health risks including issues from mercury.

Does anyone believe differently?

Thank you!

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vsemail View Post
    Hi all!

From what I've found online, consuming 9oz of light canned tuna (in water) daily should pose no health risks including issues from mercury.

Thank you!
    I did just about that on average (though in my case, it was a 16oz can, just maybe 3-4 days a week instead of daily) for several weeks and actually believed that I was experiencing an early onset of mercury poisoning. It was scary, as I was literally having trouble thinking at a normal pace or formulating my speech cogently, and had this mild dullness feeling in my head constantly. When I stopped, it eventually went away completely.

I really wouldn't personally recommend daily consumption of tuna. I'd keep it as an occasional thing or stop-gap for an odd day that you're short on protein, not a staple of it.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi all!

Thank you!
    9 ounce is close to the weekly consumption limit recommended by most government health agencies.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) azuki84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i love rice+tuna+mayo+kimchi

Thanks for the feedback. 9oz is one of the large cans so I generally mix that with avocado & EVOO for a fantastic mid-afternoon meal. Trying to find some science-backed studies that show it's problematic, but I'm coming up empty handed.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks for the feedback. 9oz is one of the large cans so I generally mix that with avocado & EVOO for a fantastic mid-afternoon meal. Trying to find some science-backed studies that show it's problematic, but I'm coming up empty handed.
    Maybe try canned chicken instead of tuna. Mercury is introduced to the atmosphere through industrial discharge. It winds up in the ocean where it accumulates in fish that are higher up in the food chain.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerntLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGriMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wesel
    Stefo9: Feret
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Mark1T: Black Labrador retriever
    Paulinanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wlf

Thank you, all!