digitalasc42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Can you build muscle with only protein not exercise?

Hello, everyone. I've been an avid fan of bodybuilding since my teens. I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube and read a lot of books regarding bodybuilding and nutrition. I've also had my own experience with building muscle and what I've learned is that there is a lot of people who overtrain and not eat enough. I mean if you want to exercise out of fun instead of gaining muscle then that's okay but I call it "The Monk's Way". I want to maximize my gains with every possible movement of my body — be it walking, jumping or even breathing. I believe protein and fats are the most important factors in gaining muscle. Fats help boost your testosterone and adding more protein builds more muscle. I had a period of going to the gym and not eating enough resulting in feeling tired and drowsy and not gaining any muscle at all. Then I had some kind of a revelation (maybe from the CBD/MCT oil — it made me way smarter) and gave up on the gym and just started eating more (over 1 gram of protein every pound of weight). I immediately noticed that I have more energy and want to exercise instead of forcing myself to do it. I could do 10-30 push-ups a day compared to 1-5 push-ups from before. I also noticed more strength and muscle — I ripped the sleeve of my shirt just by moving my arm to pay for groceries. I felt really good having more food. I moved and talked faster — I was a bigger man. So my question is: can you just build muscle with a proper diet that increases testosterone and growth hormone and not exercising? I have to add that I'm a full body mesomorph, have testosterone level over 1000 when eating right and haven't finished my newbie gains. Don't the hormones build muscles on their own with some daily physical activities like picking things, washing dishes, standing, walking, etc.? Wouldn't giving someone (who doesn't exercise) a testosterone injection increase his strength and muscles? I believe that the cavemen build muscles more naturally; by hunting, fishing, moving things — just doing something out of necessity instead of consciously exercising. Let me know your experience and opinions. Thanks.
    Last edited by digitalasc42; 05-17-2022 at 03:06 PM. Reason: I'm not 52 years old — I'm 24.

Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cudabrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Build muscle with this one simple trick.....

You figured it out brah.

Keep us updated on your gainz
    440+6 crew; Buccaneers Crew
    * Engineering Crew *

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Claims something works while asking if the thing works. Sounds good to me.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
    Unknown

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by digitalasc42 View Post
    Wouldn't giving someone (who doesn't exercise) a testosterone injection increase his strength and muscles?
    I believe some studies show that special vitamins alone can increase initial muscle growth significantly during the first 6 months or so. But you're talking about protein.

I believe that the cavemen build muscles more naturally; by hunting, fishing, moving things — just doing something out of necessity instead of consciously exercising.
    They actually did the boulders only version of Fierce 5.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, sure, but you’ll never notice it because you’d need to eat enough calories to gain weight, which in this case would mean more fat than lean tissue.

Morbidly obese people have a lot of muscle mass, but you probably don’t want to rely on your bodyfat to provide resistance.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube and read a lot of books regarding bodybuilding and nutrition..
    Those must be some REALLY crappy books! Rofl
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    They actually did the boulders only version of Fierce 5.
    I used to lift up my German Shepard dog for exercise when in high school. You cradle the dog at ground level and keep picking him up until he gets annoyed.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For traveling workers.

401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 401Delta has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not reading any of that, but if you're not currently eating an adequate amount, and you suddenly embark on a steady intake at an optimal rate it would likely increase your MPS to the point that you would add muscle.

You can argue over where the line is.
    Joe Biden 2024 years old

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I used to lift up my German Shepard dog for exercise when in high school. You cradle the dog at ground level and keep picking him up until he gets annoyed.
    Cavemen hadn't domesticated the dog when they were getting jacked so your comment is invalid.

Unknown

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube and read a lot of books regarding bodybuilding and nutrition.
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Those must be some REALLY crappy books! Rofl
    LMAO Wtf?!?! This. What in the Hell kind of books are you reading, son?

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Cavemen hadn't domesticated the dog when they were getting jacked so your comment is invalid.
    It was a turning point in evolution when a caveman did the first doglift with a friendly wolf. I bet those wolves weighed about 175 pounds. My German Shepherd was probably 90 pounds.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For traveling workers.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes you can, it's happening all the time. Protein synthesis vs. protein breakdown. It just happens to settle at a lower level if you don't train - i.e. what most untrained people look like

azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azuki84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Well, sure, but you’ll never notice it because you’d need to eat enough calories to gain weight, which in this case would mean more fat than lean tissue.

Morbidly obese people have a lot of muscle mass, but you probably don’t want to rely on your bodyfat to provide resistance.
    those 600 lb morbidly obese dudes are literally heavy squatting every time they stand up and down lmao

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by azuki84 View Post
    those 600 lb morbidly obese dudes are literally heavy squatting every time they stand up and down lmao
    True. They literally squat more than you taking a dump than you probably ever will in a gym.
    A dock in harbor is safe, and thats what docks are built for.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    True. They literally squat more than you taking a dump than you probably ever will in a gym.
    Ironically true lol.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

I'm not one of those city slicker YouTube watchers but I think I can find better ways to overload.

Unknown

I've heard that you can put your thumb in your mouth and blow on it to get a full body pump. It has to do with Boyle's Law. Pressure x Volume = Quantity x Gas constant x Temperature. It's pretty obvious that Quantity and Temperature are going to remain the same. If you increase the pressure, volume will increase.