JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)

RP training and fat loss phase.

Just finished a five week mesocycle using rp style training, basically volume ramping. For those who use or have used this style of training during cutting, did you still try to add sets during the meso? Or did you hold it more static?

I was able to add like 1 set in week 2 and 3 for most body parts. But for week 4 and 5, adding more volume would just end up with to much fatigue and low quality work sets. I hit 1-0 rir in week 5, and decided to deload because i felt pretty tired.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You’re not going to be able to add many sets while cutting, so focusing on quality is definitely a better idea.

You’re ramping the RIR too so even you hold sets static you’ll be fine.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) JitsuLifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should i be able to see some performance gains too? I can add a few reps and weight early in the meso, but towards the end when fatigue start coming in, i am able to mostly match reps and weight.

And how long is your guys average mesocycle before you have to deload? Both in fat loss and gaining.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JitsuLifting View Post
    Just finished a five week mesocycle using rp style training, basically volume ramping. For those who use or have used this style of training during cutting, did you still try to add sets during the meso? Or did you hold it more static?

I was able to add like 1 set in week 2 and 3 for most body parts. But for week 4 and 5, adding more volume would just end up with to much fatigue and low quality work sets. I hit 1-0 rir in week 5, and decided to deload because i felt pretty tired.
    Hi!

What's your current height and weight?

What are your best lifts for your main lifts? (For example, Squat, Bench, Deadlift)? Doesn't need to be a 1 rep max, for example. Let's say you managed to get 7 reps of XX lbs of Squats. Something like that please.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Hi!

What's your current height and weight?

What are your best lifts for your main lifts? (For example, Squat, Bench, Deadlift)? Doesn't need to be a 1 rep max, for example. Let's say you managed to get 7 reps of XX lbs of Squats. Something like that please.
    5’7 and 190 lbs.

1RM lifts

Bench: 275 lbs
    Squat: 330 lbs
    Deadlift: 440 lbs

This was when i was doing more strength training, but still not that far off now, but i dont do much squatting and deadlifting for my more hypertrophy specific goals.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should strive for performance gains.

There’s no reason you can’t add some reps and a little bit of weight over the mesocycle.

Your mesocycle will depend on your recovery abilities.

But generally 4-5 weeks then a Deload.

I’d base progression on your first couple sets for an exercise. If you’re easily hitting or exceeding the top end of your chosen rep range then add a little bit of weight the next week and try to match the reps you did the previous week.

That should ensure you’re in the proper RIR range and making some progress.

You’re better off starting a little light and building up than blowing your wad in the first couple weeks.

The main difference esteem cutting and gaining is you’ll be able to add more weight/reps/sets when gaining.

Cutting will chop into recovery so you’d hit your MRV sooner.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    You should strive for performance gains.

There’s no reason you can’t add some reps and a little bit of weight over the mesocycle.

Your mesocycle will depend on your recovery abilities.

But generally 4-5 weeks then a Deload.

I’d base progression on your first couple sets for an exercise. If you’re easily hitting or exceeding the top end of your chosen rep range then add a little bit of weight the next week and try to match the reps you did the previous week.

That should ensure you’re in the proper RIR range and making some progress.

You’re better off starting a little light and building up than blowing your wad in the first couple weeks.

The main difference esteem cutting and gaining is you’ll be able to add more weight/reps/sets when gaining.

Cutting will chop into recovery so you’d hit your MRV sooner.

Thanks!